• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Should Not Let WVU Leave In 2012

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

"WVU suit against BE claims "lack of leadership, breach of fudiciary duties by the Big East and its commissioner."

So WVU is claiming that the Big East breached a fiduciary duty????

It should be USF suing for breached fiduciary duty not WVU.

We should all be suing the BE in that case because lack of leadership is pretty evident and breach of fiduciary duty sure feels like it could stick since we've gone from a weak AQ conference with aspirations to some crazy hodge-podge thing of potential also rans hoping against hope of keeping our AQ and the money that comes with it.

Having said that, WVU suing for this stuff is a total joke.

Total joke is right. My guess is that WVU is trying to get the BE to negotiate asap.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,338
  • Days Won:  10

Remember they have guns and a little asian chick who dresses up as a mountineer. Think of the movie Deliverance

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I'm a lawyer. I'll just say that this lawsuit places great weight on the concept of Marinatto breaching his fiduciary responsibility to WVU. Of course, we don't know all of the facts, but supposing they are generally as we believe them to be, that will be hard to prove. The biggest counter to the allegation is that there simply weren't many options for Marinatto to pursue. Plus, the concept of what would "enhance" competitiveness is quite subjective. Reading between the lines, it looks like the basketball schools were impeding the football schools from pursuing replacements to Pitt and Syracuse soon after the defections. Just speculation on my part, but it could explain WVU's complaint (in part) and the continued delay with extending invitations. Even if true, though, Marinatto could say (with some merit) that it made more sense strategically to wait until moves in other conferences were completed (e.g. Mzzou to SEC).

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/wvu-sues-big-east-for-right-to-move-in-12/

this one is saying that by the BE not holding TCU to the 27th month exit is playing a big part too and the other stuff too

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So-after reading the PDF of the suit I walked away with a very simple fact....

During all of this, USF has done jack **** to improve our situation. It detailed what other schools have been doing and not a whisper of USF talking to anyone.

Either USF is run by CIA ops or let the 3 stooges music play now

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

During all of this, USF has done jack **** to improve our situation. It detailed what other schools have been doing and not a whisper of USF talking to anyone.

Again not trying to start trouble but have a couple of questions.

1. I agree USF supposedly not trying to do anything is probably not the best situation, but how would you deal with it.

2. Until 16 team conferences happen where are you proposing USF, ACC is not going to make a move till ND is out of the picture, likewise with Big 12. SEC will try for VT and/or FSU until something happens USF is stuck as is in my opinion Cincy, UL to a point, Rutgers, and UConn since Big 10 isnt making a move. Also no one else from Big East is getting into ACC until Pitt and Cuse has voting rights.

My suggestion to USF and these other teams is join CUSA, you would be at least out of the basketball dictatorship and be getting the AQ status.

Houston, SMU, Boise ST (if not Big 12) makes this attractive.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

"Upon information and belief" is a very general term.

This doesn't mean USF hasn't been talking to anyone at all.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Your suggestion to USF huh...well thank god it was written down-that way no one forgets. Here's my suggestion to WVU-call Texas, OSU, and OU and ask what they prefer you to wear... Ball gag with leather pants or zipper mask with ass less chaps as they spend the next few making you their afternoon delight

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

WVU has definitely proved they are a litigious university. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Archived