• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Should Not Let WVU Leave In 2012

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

So-after reading the PDF of the suit I walked away with a very simple fact....

During all of this, USF has done jack **** to improve our situation. It detailed what other schools have been doing and not a whisper of USF talking to anyone.

Either USF is run by CIA ops or let the 3 stooges music play now

Again not trying to start trouble but have a couple of questions.

My suggestion to USF and these other teams is join CUSA, you would be at least out of the basketball dictatorship and be getting the AQ status.

This is an asinine comment. USF should never go back to CUSA unless the AQ has been taken away from the Big East and the conference dies a violent death (when can we have a real playoff like the other sports?). A non AQ Big East is still better than CUSA. Going back would be like a death sentence. USF is being left out because they lack a name brand. While they have not "won anything", they have been more competitive than most thought they would be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Your suggestion to USF huh...well thank god it was written down-that way no one forgets. Here's my suggestion to WVU-call Texas, OSU, and OU and ask what they prefer you to wear... Ball gag with leather pants or zipper mask with ass less chaps as they spend the next few making you their afternoon delight

I came here to have an adult conversation and asked you what would you do, presuming you were AD. I then stated

"My suggestion to USF and these other teams is join CUSA, you would be at least out of the basketball dictatorship and be getting the AQ status."

I was not being derotarogy, in that statement. I was being honest why would you want to add schools to the cluster that is the Big East Adminstration, I would go the other way so football would be first. Just look at the TV contract Big East turned down because Basketball is more important to them.

I understand we are now Texas "bitches" along with Fox Sports who pushed us to be #10. I think us being this far from them will not get as bad as some of the schools that left.

But don't tell me if USF got that offer they would have not accepted it.

So-after reading the PDF of the suit I walked away with a very simple fact....

During all of this, USF has done jack **** to improve our situation. It detailed what other schools have been doing and not a whisper of USF talking to anyone.

Either USF is run by CIA ops or let the 3 stooges music play now

Again not trying to start trouble but have a couple of questions.

My suggestion to USF and these other teams is join CUSA, you would be at least out of the basketball dictatorship and be getting the AQ status.

This is an asinine comment. USF should never go back to CUSA unless the AQ has been taken away from the Big East and the confernce dies a violent death (when can we have a real playoff like the other sports?). A non AQ Big East is still better than CUSA. Going back would be like a death sentence. USF is being left out because they lack a name brand. While they have not "won anything", they have been more competitive than most thought they would be.

I am not just saying USF, I am talking about Boise St. Cincy, Louisville, Rutgers and UConn. Blow the Big East up. Get away from the Basketball schools. That Conference USA will get the BE AQ spot.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Your suggestion to USF huh...well thank god it was written down-that way no one forgets. Here's my suggestion to WVU-call Texas, OSU, and OU and ask what they prefer you to wear... Ball gag with leather pants or zipper mask with ass less chaps as they spend the next few making you their afternoon delight

I came here to have an adult conversation and asked you what would you do, presuming you were AD. I then stated

"My suggestion to USF and these other teams is join CUSA, you would be at least out of the basketball dictatorship and be getting the AQ status."

I was not being derotarogy, in that statement. I was being honest why would you want to add schools to the cluster that is the Big East Adminstration, I would go the other way so football would be first. Just look at the TV contract Big East turned down because Basketball is more important to them.

I understand we are now Texas "bitches" along with Fox Sports who pushed us to be #10. I think us being this far from them will not get as bad as some of the schools that left.

But don't tell me if USF got that offer they would have not accepted it.

While I want to distance myself from the other comments, I do not think CUSA will get AQ. USF is already laughed at. Going back would fuel the fire.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Very happy for WVU, truly....however-don't head off to greener pastures and tell those left in muck they should go backwards ...creates a false sense of sensarity

• Content Count:  115

To me there is one big giant hole in WVU complaint the Big East is not saying you can't leave they are saying you have to wait 27 months per the contract. Furthermore if WVU were to leave and not honor there Big East games for next year the cost of the reaming schools including Pit and Syracuse to get replacements on short notice to fill out a schedule will be unduly high especially at the level of competition that WVU provides. Don't get me stated on the BCS implications or the possible mens NCAA basketball credits. I just don't see how the Big East would could get replacements so fast. The Big 12 needs to play nice and make Mizzou "who hasn't even left yet" play the 2012 season in the Big 12. Then there is no problem with there TV contract.

* As a further note someone said that the big 12 could invite Louisville and somehow break the Big East. They seem to forget the 8 b-ball schools that are going no where. The Big East will never never ever dissolve "they just might not play football".

The one big thing I keep hearing from this is WVU filed the suit in Mon County, (Morgantown). Since WVU is a "state" school and not private the federal courts wont be able to hear this. Therefore it stays in WV and with our State Supreme, court if it gets that far, it should be interesting because these are elected officials.

This judicial hell whole that people call us may work to our advantage, and appears to be a big reason we filed.

All this for a number to get out, that has supposedly been offered to others.

The Big East does not want this to go to discovery in my opinion because of turning down the TV deal and pushing for Nova to be football also.

• Content Count:  879

I'm sure this is not a surprise, but WV's invitation to the B12 is contingent upon them being able to play in 2012. We should NOT allow them to leave.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7179273/interim-commissioner-expects-west-virginia-big-12-season

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

;) Let's sue

Archived