• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Looks like he's on ISU campus, so that's likely the gig.  Doesn't affect us at all.  Wonder how we'll like corn & cold. 

Wally Burnham is a recruiting machine. He's always able to attract several Florida kids to that corn and cold.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Looks like he's on ISU campus, so that's likely the gig.  Doesn't affect us at all.  Wonder how we'll like corn & cold. 

Wally Burnham is a recruiting machine. He's always able to attract several Florida kids to that corn and cold.

Nebraska seems to have done a decent job selling it over the years.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

he seriously considered flipping to them on his official visit back then, so doesn't surprise me. good luck D'vo 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Pretty sure UCiF was off the table no matter what. Surprised we granted release to 2 teams we play in the immediate future but its good to see coach T giving him release to a handful of schools as that is what big programs do as opposed to a small list of schools he can't go to.

Wonder if he asked for more than six, if UCF was even bought up .... ?
Per Greg

@DWFreer I believe the American has continued the Big East policy against football transfers from one league school directly to another.

Technically, ECU isn't a conference member yet.

Policy has  changed:

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/92525-athletes-can-transfer-within-american-but-at-a-cost/

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Really disappointed that he felt like USF was not a fit after Holtz was fired.   Strange how he could not embrace Taggart mindset and approach to the game.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Really disappointed that he felt like USF was not a fit after Holtz was fired.   Strange how he could not embrace Taggart mindset and approach to the game.  

As much as I love CWT and what he's done so far, the numbers say he's going to sign 20-25 kids this year with hundreds that choose to go elsewhere. I don't think every kid who decides USF isn't the place for them has some inherent flaw and couldn't "embrace" the Taggart mindset/approach. 99.9% of high school seniors this year will sign with someone other than our coach. DVo had an image of what his 4-5 years of life would look like as a football player and Holtz getting fired changed that. He gave it a go in the Spring and it wasn't working looking like he had envisioned. We don't need to sit around scratching our heads, baffled that a kid would "gasp" choose someone other than CWT to play for. Wish the kid luck and move on. It is what it is.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

A "change of scenery" has had a huge impact on many an athlete in every sport in history.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's time:

move-on.png

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

As much as I love CWT and what he's done so far, the numbers say he's going to sign 20-25 kids this year with hundreds that choose to go elsewhere. I don't think every kid who decides USF isn't the place for them has some inherent flaw and couldn't "embrace" the Taggart mindset/approach. 99.9% of high school seniors this year will sign with someone other than our coach. DVo had an image of what his 4-5 years of life would look like as a football player and Holtz getting fired changed that. He gave it a go in the Spring and it wasn't working looking like he had envisioned. We don't need to sit around scratching our heads, baffled that a kid would "gasp" choose someone other than CWT to play for. Wish the kid luck and move on. It is what it is.

Well said...sometimes things change, and you need to change.  I'd rather him leave before season, than underachieve and be a drain on the chemistry. Wish him luck at ISU.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

I had a coaching change while at USF so I am very familiar with the change that comes from it and your vision as a player.     Really looking for why he did not think CWT was a fit for him as opposed to CSH who was not winning.  Maybe it is because he is a WR and his role was diminished.