• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

Why would they allow ECU at all?

We play them 2-3 times before DVo's eligibility is up...

Exactly .... and if they really did say no to La Tech, that is just a ******** move on our part, IMO.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Restricting a move to follow a former coach is fairly standard too. The old, "you commit to a school, not a coach" line of reasoning.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

Restricting a move to follow a former coach is fairly standard too. The old, "you commit to a school, not a coach" line of reasoning.

Yeah, i know ....  but it's a ******** line of reasoning, too.  ;)

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

or, Coach Taggart's message to others is, "If you're quitting to join Holtz, that's not an option.  You can leave, but you can't take that path".  Not sure I agree.  I'd rather a guy play FOR Holtz than AGAINST us.  I understand many programs that are heavy handed with letting kids out of scholarships, but I also don't like anything too punitive for a kid who just isn't going to work out for a program.  No sense punishing the guy.  He already has to skip a year, relocate and try to assimilate into a new school, program & location.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

or, Coach Taggart's message to others is, "If you're quitting to join Holtz, that's not an option.  You can leave, but you can't take that path".  Not sure I agree.  I'd rather a guy play FOR Holtz than AGAINST us.  I understand many programs that are heavy handed with letting kids out of scholarships, but I also don't like anything too punitive for a kid who just isn't going to work out for a program.  No sense punishing the guy.  He already has to skip a year, relocate and try to assimilate into a new school, program & location.

Actions have consequences. Good life lesson.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah, i know .... but it's a ******** line of reasoning, too. ;)

or, Coach Taggart's message to others is, "If you're quitting to join Holtz, that's not an option. You can leave, but you can't take that path". Not sure I agree. I'd rather a guy play FOR Holtz than AGAINST us. I understand many programs that are heavy handed with letting kids out of scholarships, but I also don't like anything too punitive for a kid who just isn't going to work out for a program. No sense punishing the guy. He already has to skip a year, relocate and try to assimilate into a new school, program & location.

Meaning what? He signed with Holtz and Holtz got fired. If I took a job under a boss I liked and that guy got fired, not a single person would question my quitting and looking for a new job if I didn't click with the incoming boss. And they certainly wouldn't devote pages to questioning how tough I was just because I didn't click with the new guy. Edited by JTrue

or, Coach Taggart's message to others is, "If you're quitting to join Holtz, that's not an option. You can leave, but you can't take that path". Not sure I agree. I'd rather a guy play FOR Holtz than AGAINST us. I understand many programs that are heavy handed with letting kids out of scholarships, but I also don't like anything too punitive for a kid who just isn't going to work out for a program. No sense punishing the guy. He already has to skip a year, relocate and try to assimilate into a new school, program & location.
Meaning what? He signed with Holtz and Holtz got fired. If I took a job under a boss I liked and that guy got fired, not a single person would question my quitting and looking for a new job if I didn't click with the incoming boss. And they certainly wouldn't devote pages to questioning how tough I was just because I didn't click with the new guy.

You just put the True...in JTrue.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

He should have made his mind up a lot sooner.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Meaning what? He signed with Holtz and Holtz got fired. If I took a job under a boss I liked and that guy got fired, not a single person would question my quitting and looking for a new job if I didn't click with the incoming boss. And they certainly wouldn't devote pages to questioning how tough I was just because I didn't click with the new guy.

You just put the True...in JTrue.

Well actually, the truth is, that Willie can tell him where he can and can't transfer to. This bottle of whine comes out whenever someone choses to transfer. It always has the same result. Choices have consequences.

Looks like he's on ISU campus, so that's likely the gig.  Doesn't affect us at all.  Wonder how we'll like corn & cold.