• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andrea Adelson is new ESPN Big East blogger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Just added another name to the list of ESPN employees that won't be given the opportunity to sleep with me (que Erin Andrews, Jenn Brown, Andrea Adelson). Andrea is definitely lurking on here... Her partner in crime at the Times gave her a heads up (yes Greg, I tapped your phone - however, I won't tap any girl that is a UF graduate). My parents raised me to have high standards.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just added another name to the list of ESPN employees that won't be given the opportunity to sleep with me (que Erin Andrews, Jenn Brown, Andrea Adelson). Andrea is definitely lurking on here... Her partner in crime at the Times gave her a heads up (yes Greg, I tapped your phone - however, I won't tap any girl that is a UF graduate). My parents raised me to have high standards.

:ROFLMAO

I motion to nominate this post for the Hall of Fame.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Let's not bite the hand that feeds us! Poor gal hasn't even been in her position for a week, we can't already decide that she's bad at her job. Besides - hello - everyone reads this forum. Writers cruise on here for info constantly... obviously Greg Auman is here, you can bet McMurphy has us on bookmark, Athletics employees visit in on and off the job, players read it all the time (or their family members... great job making Mr. Grothe want to stick around), and I'd be willing to put money down that Brian Bennett has been on here and gave Andrea Adelson the heads up as part of his orientation to the blog. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already read this thread.

The university someone graduated from is circumstantial when it comes to doing a job. That's like saying if a physician graduated from UF, they would give substandard care to FSU fans. Granted, healthcare is quite different from sports writing. But the analogy is the fact that one can easily separate oneself from one's job - personal life separate from professional life. Perfect example - Greg Auman, who is by far the best **** beat writer we've ever had, and in my humble opinion one of the best at what he does in the nation, IS A UF GRADUATE. Just consider what effects online posts can actually have. Write only what you would write if the person/team/entity you are discussing is reading it, because on this website and other public forums, they probably (or someone they know is, and will alert them to it, simple as that).

p.s. obviously this isn't directed at posts which clearly are in jest, such as the effing hilarious one by the Sheriff above.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Luckily for her opinions on this site tend to change like the tide.  Greg has been adopted despite his UF shortcomings (ha ha) due to his great coverage.  If she's thorough and fair, then she'll do fine.  If she slams the team at every turn, she'll take some heat.  At the end of the day, it will be her own words that directly decide how she's viewed/treated which is the same for any fanbase. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Faza - you get 5 minutes to edit or delete a post now.  It keeps idiots from drunk-posting slurs and then going back and editing/deleting them.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I remain open to the potential of being sold on this choice of ESPN BE blogger....but you have to admit it is a strange choice from the standpoint of pedigree.  As talented as she may or may not be, she's definitely not a BE homer:

<a href="http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-04-11/sports/os-adelson-ucf-big-east-0412-20100411_1_big-east-bigger-conference-power-conference">http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-04-11/sports/os-adelson-ucf-big-east-0412-20100411_1_big-east-bigger-conference-power-conference</a>

Also, BB to the Big Ten blog?!....huh???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Let's not bite the hand that feeds us! Poor gal hasn't even been in her position for a week, we can't already decide that she's bad at her job. Besides - hello - everyone reads this forum. Writers cruise on here for info constantly... obviously Greg Auman is here, you can bet McMurphy has us on bookmark, Athletics employees visit in on and off the job, players read it all the time (or their family members... great job making Mr. Grothe want to stick around), and I'd be willing to put money down that Brian Bennett has been on here and gave Andrea Adelson the heads up as part of his orientation to the blog. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already read this thread.

The university someone graduated from is circumstantial when it comes to doing a job. That's like saying if a physician graduated from UF, they would give substandard care to FSU fans. Granted, healthcare is quite different from sports writing. But the analogy is the fact that one can easily separate oneself from one's job - personal life separate from professional life. Perfect example - Greg Auman, who is by far the best **** beat writer we've ever had, and in my humble opinion one of the best at what he does in the nation, IS A UF GRADUATE. Just consider what effects online posts can actually have. Write only what you would write if the person/team/entity you are discussing is reading it, because on this website and other public forums, they probably (or someone they know is, and will alert them to it, simple as that).

p.s. obviously this isn't directed at posts which clearly are in jest, such as the effing hilarious one by the Sheriff above.

I agree with most everything you said in THIS post ...  ;)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have a question... Why can't ESPN appoint a writer to cover a conference that graduated from at least one of the Universities in the conference they are writing about  ???

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I have a question... Why can't ESPN appoint a writer to cover a conference that graduated from at least one of the Universities in the conference they are writing about  ???

Here's a question, why does the SEC and Big Ten get two bloggers each and we get one who covers our conference and all the other non-AQ's?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Because ESPN sucks ass .... except for their actual event broadcasts.

Archived