• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andrea Adelson is new ESPN Big East blogger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Guys, I can't say how inconsequential it is in my industry where a writer went to school vs. where they cover a team. Doesn't take long to learn a program's history and context of what you cover. I know it means a lot to you guys, but it really doesn't on this end of things.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I can understand the BE only having one blogger due to the only 8-9 teams, and I can see why 12 team conferences could have two bloggers, especially conferences like the B10 and SEC that have large followings and to a point, more quantity of news coming out. But the standard article templates remain the same across the blogger boards (mailbags, Q&As, ranking posts, interviews).

I do hope that ESPN can hire a new non-AQ blogger so AA has some of the stress off of her of having to cover ~60 teams instead of just 9.

Bennett did 8 plus Notre Dame and he did well. He was a UK grad, but had covered UL for a long time. I'm OK with AA being from UF and covering UCF, I almost prefer the blogger not be from a conference school, it keeps any 'bias' conspiracies out of the discussion. At this point, ESPN should have two bloggers for the non-AQ. Have one for C-USA/MAC/SunBelt, and have one for the MWC and WAC.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Guys, I can't say how inconsequential it is in my industry where a writer went to school vs. where they cover a team. Doesn't take long to learn a program's history and context of what you cover. I know it means a lot to you guys, but it really doesn't on this end of things.

Who ever pays the bills, right GA?

• Content Count:  6,754

Don't drink the Gatorade folks that Greg is selling... Look what happened to the followers of Jim Jones.

The irony in Greg's statement is laughable: "Guys, I can't say how inconsequential it is in my industry where a writer went to school vs. where they cover a team". Tell me Greg, how did that work out for the UF graduate covering Arkansas? Just so you know, Bobby Petrino got major props from me that day...

Adelson may be talented, but she has no passion for the Big East gig (she's a UF homer as clearly demonstrated in her article after we beat FSU). Like Brian Bennett, she'll be shopping her way to a "better" gig in no time (have fun covering Ohio State while they're enjoying a long probation Brian). You know she truly wants the SEC gig (they are king right now).

That's fine though... I'll keep it simple. USF is on the cusp of greatness. I will enjoy watching another Gator loathe internally over covering USF (que Greg) as USF continues to wreck havoc on a crippled Gator nation (no Urban - uh oh). Deep down, Gators don't want us to succeed (think Braveheart and the English holding the Scottish down). It does not benefit a UF alum for USF to have more relevancy in the sports world.

I'm pretty certain that a UF course is given to all graduating seniors with the one premise: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

The Sheriff is here to keep it real for USF graduates...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Dang Sheriff...live and let live dude!!!

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Again, if there's a spectrum of understanding when it comes to this issue, Sheriff is about three miles beyond the left end of it. With posts like this, how do you think USF fans come off to a new Big East blogger -- passionate, or just annoying? As I said, I do not expect all of you to understand this.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

GA, don't mind him, the vast, and I mean vast, majority of USF fans appreciate the coverage you give us on a daily basis and I am willing to give Adelson a shot here.  If there was ever a post to shrug off, that one from Sheriff is definitely one. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The Sheriff knows how I adore him (don't you Terry?)......however, when it comes to anything UF related he wears blinders. 

I'm not a fan of UF by any means, but I'm willing to give Andrea Adelson  a chance.  It is still early in her BE tenure.  I'll wait a while before making any comments.

After she has become more familiar with the BE teams, I hope she wil be fair and impartial in her reviews of the USF program. 

• Content Count:  6,754

In case you're wondering, Flavor Aid was poisoned with valium, chloral hydrate, cyanide, and phenergan. You can have your followers Greg... I'll choose to walk a separate path.

Three miles beyond the left of it? Laughable at best. I've been in Gainesville... I know what three miles beyond the left of it is. For $5, it will get you a dance at Cafe Risque with a promising University of Florida coed.

Remember your roots Bulls fans... don't let the weeds from Gainesville prevent their proper maturation.

Archived