• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

one loss isn't the world.  maybe it'll be a good humbling experience and a way to tweak strategies.  i have faith!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

one loss isn't the world.  maybe it'll be a good humbling experience and a way to tweak strategies.  i have faith!

I really don't think this team needed a humbling experience ... and the way it came back in the 3rd negated any humbling experience in that game anyway, IMO. If they had been blown out, maybe a different story. Boucher, and the vets on the team, seem to be able to keep everybody level headed, not getting too high or too low. A perfect time for a let down would have been after the huge comeback against the Pens .. instead they sweep the Ovechkins.

As most series do, it's going to boil down to the goaltending and I hope our geezer hasn't hit the wall ... their's sure hasn't.

• Content Count:  151

The game last night was frustrating but fun to watch.  Malone spent a lot of time in the penalty box, some of it due to bad calls in my opinion.  I think there was a roughing call that looked to me like incidental contact and an interference call where he didn't even really touch the goalie, just got tangled up with another guy.

There were at least three breakaways that very easily could have been goals for us.

I'm not worried at all about our ability to stay competitive aside from the fact that I'm concerned that they players might let it get into their heads... especially Roloson.  Don't freak out just because of one rough game... come back home and give them hell!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

I really don't think this team needed a humbling experience ... and the way it came back in the 3rd negated any humbling experience in that game anyway, IMO. If they had been blown out, maybe a different story. Boucher, and the vets on the team, seem to be able to keep everybody level headed, not getting too high or too low. A perfect time for a let down would have been after the huge comeback against the Pens .. instead they sweep the Ovechkins.

As most series do, it's going to boil down to the goaltending and I hope our geezer hasn't hit the wall ... their's sure hasn't.

good points.  let's hope they won't need it from here on out.  bolts!

• Content Count:  151

I'm glad the game has slowed down since the first 5 minutes... We were off to a really bad start and headed towards a repeat of game 2.

• Content Count:  2,523

We can't seem to get anything going this game.  Seems like we spend the entire time trying to get the puck while Boston keeps working angles.  It's going to take a funny bounce to create a 2 on 1 or something for the Bolts to score I'm afraid.

• Content Count:  2,523

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.  Even our "shots" weren't great so all those shots are misleading.  Just looked "slow" on the ice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.

I think maybe we are now that Bergeron is back .... Don't know what the final stats were but it seemed like he kicked our ass on faceoffs. Hate to use a tired old cliche but Saturday afternoon will definitely be gut check time...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,470
  • Days Won:  13

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.

I think maybe we are now that Bergeron is back .... Don't know what the final stats were but it seemed like he kicked our ass on faceoffs. Hate to use a tired old cliche but Saturday afternoon will definitely be gut check time...

You guys win win Sat. Lightning in 6

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.  Even our "shots" weren't great so all those shots are misleading.  Just looked "slow" on the ice.

Yeah the puck movement and general offensive flow just looked so disjointed.  Seemed like no one could accept a pass crisply all game long.  I think the size and physicality of the Bruins is already starting to wear on the Boltz.  The Boltz better come out and get on the board early tonight because if the Bruins jump ahead i see them just grinding the Lightning down again. 

Archived