• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

BOLTS WIN! 5-3... looks like we are back on a roll... we have scored 5 goals in each game except for game #3

Probably the most intense, emotional game been to since the Game 7's back in 04 ... Only disappointing thing was the number of Bruins fans. I hadn't gotten to my seat yet when the first Bruins goal was scored and I thought it was ours for a second .... Wish there was a better way then current TM setup but not sure there is.

I agree... Saturday's game was the most epic one since the game 7 back in 2004...

About the Bruins fans, that is both a negative and positive... by the end of the 1st period they worked themselves into a froth and started acting like even more of an ass then they already are... when we came back and crushed them with 5 goals it was just as good as smacking all of them in the face.

I was lucky enough to score a ticket in the Channelside Club so we had the tad more refined Bruins fans and didn't have a whole lot of assclownery in the first period ... but it was great watching the yellow legions streaming out down below late in the game, like piss up dog's leg.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Does the great city of Miami have a hockey team?

sadly yes, and they dont belong there

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Sunrise is not Miami.... and the Panthers only impersonate a hockey team... Keep trying....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Sunrise is not Miami.... and the Panthers only impersonate a hockey team... Keep trying....

Sunrise (my home town) is just as close to Miami as the trop his to Tampa. It's south florida.

Sunrise (my home town) is just as close to Miami as the trop his to Tampa. It's south florida.

Why bring up the Trop in a hockey thread ....?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

That was the Thunder Dome, home of the Lightning for a while.  I had seats right on the glass and could watch Enrico Ciccone spitting up a storm every game.  Those were the days.

I was also in the Channelside Club and there was one of those hefty female Bruins with her mate swinging around her Bruin towel until he told her it was way too early to be celebrating (mighty prophetic of him).  Great, great game.

That was the Thunder Dome, home of the Lightning for a while.  I had seats right on the glass and could watch Enrico Ciccone spitting up a storm every game.  Those were the days.

That was long while ago and not pertinent to this conversation ...

I was also in the Channelside Club and there was one of those hefty female Bruins with her mate swinging around her Bruin towel until he told her it was way too early to be celebrating (mighty prophetic of him).  Great, great game.

Ya bastard ... we coulda hooked up.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Ya bastard ... we coulda hooked up.

We could had all got a brew... we need to plan this **** out better next time...

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Clearly the better team won tonight.  The lighting played well, but after 5 games it is apparent Boston will either win or beat themselves in this series.  When they are on there game the Lightning just don't have the talent (yet) to compete with them.  Mike Smith played a great game.  Lightning had lots of scoring opportunities.  Defense around Mike was shaky at best.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

That one stick save in the third by Thomas was unreal.  Hard to believe the lightning had such a huge edge in shots and yet could only stick one in.  What's odd is that you'd expect the Lightning to be getting tons of those shots and offense from Stamkos, St. Louis, LeCavelier etc, but it's really been the other guys with the better opportunities.  They've got to have more from those guys next game.  Too bad, when we stuck it in there real quick I thought we really were going to take this thing and the series, but right about half way through the second right before they scored, I just had the bad gut feeling that it was only a matter of time before it slipped away.  We might have had more shots, but they just didn't look like good ones for the most part. 

Another thing I noticed, we looked way to relaxed, deliberate etc on the power play vs. peppering and looking for rebounds.  That definitely has to change next game. 

Archived