• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.  Even our "shots" weren't great so all those shots are misleading.  Just looked "slow" on the ice.

I think the size and physicality of the Bruins is already starting to wear on the Boltz.

It's been a while since I had seen Chara in person and forgotten what a ******* beast was ... I had to laugh a couple of times when a Bolt was stupid enough to try and knock him off his skates ... Just bounced off but got to give them props for trying .... just stop, though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

The guy who is killing us is Chara.  Every time we try to get something going, you hear his name sticking a stick in there and throwing everything off.  And you're right Dozer, our puck handling looked awful and you can't have that when you're a "skill team".  They Bruins are playing smart, they are just pounding the Bolts whenever they try to get up the ice and TB has no answer for getting around it.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We looked generally like we were overmatched the entire game.  Even our "shots" weren't great so all those shots are misleading.  Just looked "slow" on the ice.

I think the size and physicality of the Bruins is already starting to wear on the Boltz.

It's been a while since I had seen Chara in person and forgotten what a ******* beast was ... I had to laugh a couple of times when a Bolt was stupid enough to try and knock him off his skates ... Just bounced off but got to give them props for trying .... just stop, though.

The only Bolt that has been able to topple Chara has been Downie... too bad we could not resign Andre Roy or Artukin before the playoff run... the 2011 Bolts team only has 2 goons... Downie and Thompson and both of them are good but are no Roy or Arty.

Saturday is gonna be a good game... hopefully we get back on our A game... Rolie was stellar last night, we just had no offense.

The only Bolt that has been able to topple Chara has been Downie...

Watching Downie's face last night, he's a ticking time bomb but I've got to give him credit for keeping it fairly under control so far. I can see Boston prodding him more and more, though ...

too bad we could not resign Andre Roy or Artukin before the playoff run... the 2011 Bolts team only has 2 goons... Downie and Thompson and both of them are good but are no Roy or Arty.

Agreed ... but not for Chara, though. Horton and especially Lucic, need to be addressed big time.

• Content Count:  151

Don't forget the early start time today at 1:30pm... is anybody going to the game?  I wish I was still in Tampa, but then again I'm still broke and probably couldn't afford a ticket anyways.

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

This game is a good one... we were down 0-3 and came back 4-3... we still have about 2 minutes left and hope we can hang on. The first period was a freaking Greek tragedy and since we have fought back.

:o

BOLTS WIN! 5-3... looks like we are back on a roll... we have scored 5 goals in each game except for game #3

Obviously, i don't know what the **** I'm talking about ... Ryan Malone is da man.

BOLTS WIN! 5-3... looks like we are back on a roll... we have scored 5 goals in each game except for game #3

Probably the most intense, emotional game been to since the Game 7's back in 04 ... Only disappointing thing was the number of Bruins fans. I hadn't gotten to my seat yet when the first Bruins goal was scored and I thought it was ours for a second .... Wish there was a better way then current TM setup but not sure there is.

• Content Count:  2,523

Hated I missed this one.  Had a little league game for my son and then we were off to sand island for some fun and fishing.  I thought I had set the DVR to record and avoided all media.  Sucked when I got home and nothing!  So I got to watch the ESPN highlights which were scant.  Glad to see we won and here's to hoping we can get things started early in game 5.

Archived