• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

While Thomas played well, its easy to say he played great when the refs did not call any of the flagrant penalties the Bruins were doing from the mid way mark of the 2nd period till the end of the game.

I don't know about y'all but I mute the Pro-Bruins announcers on VS and put on Lightning radio via my laptop... Esposito and Bobby Taylor were about to have a stoke over the dozen or so penalties that the refs chose not to call on Boston. The Northeast refs are robbing us out of a Eastern Conference Championship.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

i have to agree with you on the announcing.  They hardly change their voice when the Lightning do anything and when the Bruins score they go crazy like a soccer announcer.  And I agree, the lightning definitely should've had a few more calls, but they had plenty of power plays last night to win that game, but they threw them away. Way to much skill on that Lightning line not to score on a power play let alone a number of them. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i have to agree with you on the announcing.  They hardly change their voice when the Lightning do anything and when the Bruins score they go crazy like a soccer announcer.  And I agree, the lightning definitely should've had a few more calls, but they had plenty of power plays last night to win that game, but they threw them away. Way to much skill on that Lightning line not to score on a power play let alone a number of them. 

Yup even with all the no calls the lightning still had plenty of opportunities to win the game last night they just didn't finish.  Also Thomas made an absolutely insane save on a potential game tying goal. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

Clearly the better team won tonight.  The lighting played well, but after 5 games it is apparent Boston will either win or beat themselves in this series.  When they are on there game the Lightning just don't have the talent (yet) to compete with them.  Mike Smith played a great game.  Lightning had lots of scoring opportunities.  Defense around Mike was shaky at best.

The better team usually wins every night ... When this series started, I thought Boston may have been the better team but after watching the 5 games, not the case... especially after watching the Lightning skate circles around Boston for two periods on Saturday. The talent level is the same ... It's boiling down to goalkeeping and officiating and Boston does have the edge there.

The difference in this series is Chara.  He single handedly is throwing the Lightning off in all phases.  He's stopping passes, knocking guys down, getting the breaks started the other way with great outlet passes, you name it.  I don't think I've seen him knocked off his skates once the whole series while he's blasting guys every time we get something going. 

Need to assign someone with just the sole focus of trying to get Chara into a fight to get him off the ice. 

They are two totally different styles so it's been fun to watch, but if you thought the calls were bad this game, just wait till the next one when that place is smelling elimination and that crowd is really going.  They were going nuts even on legitimate calls and that influenced future calls in my opinion or lack of calls.

The difference in this series is Chara.  He single handedly is throwing the Lightning off in all phases.  He's stopping passes, knocking guys down, getting the breaks started the other way with great outlet passes, you name it.  I don't think I've seen him knocked off his skates once the whole series while he's blasting guys every time we get something going.

Purcell's first goal on Saturday was set up because Malone knocked Chara off his skates behind the net .. Chara is a force but we're behind in this series because of Thomas.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'd say Tampa has a very very slight edge in talent, more so in depth of it, but Boston plays a much more physical game and has some heavy hitters.

They're putting Roley back in the net for tomorrow, and they're dying part of the river BLUE!!! I won't mind if they lose to Boston, but I really hope they force a game 7 - I don't want to give Bahstan fans any reason to celebrate on our home ice.

I'd say Tampa has a very very slight edge in talent, more so in depth of it, but Boston plays a much more physical game and has some heavy hitters.

They're putting Roley back in the net for tomorrow, and they're dying part of the river BLUE!!! I won't mind if they lose to Boston, but I really hope they force a game 7 - I don't want to give Bahstan fans any reason to celebrate on our home ice.

I'm not sure I'm following the logic there ... You're just a fan of hockey in general?

• Content Count:  151

LET'S DO THIS

GREAT GAME!  That was the Lightning the way they were supposed to play.  Executing on the power play and killing off theirs.  Disturbing though how without the power play, we're still stuck.  STill think the majority of calls are not going our way.  How do they miss that trip????  HOw about that stick to the face?  Yet we got banged for a few where guys were barely touched and they went down and those announcers act like TB is getting the calls.  Still couldn't help but notice the bias on Boston's goals vs. TBs.  Oh well, game 7 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived