• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

I noticed that when the Lightning had a power play, they were able to play the style of quick passing hockey, but when they did not the Bruins really worked at checking both ends of the ICE and that really works for them.  Boston seems to be able to get to the loose pucks and take quick rebound shots, while disrupting the flow of the Lightning. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good job, Bolts!!!!  Let's pull up our socks and make the Boston fans suck it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

Bruins should be without that little ***** Horton tonight:

(around the 1:30 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_qdI4NKj0&feature=player_embedded#at=142

Torts did same thing in 2009 playoff game and was suspended one game ...

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

What a game so far.  Can't let Boston keep teeing off on us though.  Maybe Lightning can strike fast out of the gate like they are prone to do and then hold on for dear life.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What a game so far.  Can't let Boston keep teeing off on us though.  Maybe Lightning can strike fast out of the gate like they are prone to do and then hold on for dear life.

Yup.  Boston is killing the Boltz in shots, shots on goal, and face offs won.  Gotta really step it up in the third period or Boston is bound to slip one or two by Rolly

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Tough loss.  Very proud of them.  Question is, what can they do to improve?  Are they going to be able to hold everyone together?  I think Rolo is probably done and think Smith is ready to step up.

Tough loss.  Very proud of them.  Question is, what can they do to improve?  Are they going to be able to hold everyone together?  I think Rolo is probably done and think Smith is ready to step up.

They gotta add some size and physicality on the back end other than that i think they are fine.  Maybe a true goon too?

They gotta add some size and physicality on the back end other than that i think they are fine.

Kubina would have helped in that regard and Hedman hasn't even turned 21 yet and will hopefully get more physical as he matures ... There's really not too much else to be done, depending on player turnover, though ... I'd hang woth Roli until he shows he can't do it on a consistent basis but need a basckup ready to step in but both he and Smith are unrestricted FA's.

Maybe a true goon too?

I don't think a true goon fits with Boucher ... but not sure one is really needed anymore. Who is Bruins' goon?

They gotta add some size and physicality on the back end other than that i think they are fine.

Kubina would have helped in that regard and Hedman hasn't even turned 21 yet and will hopefully get more physical as he matures ... There's really not too much else to be done, depending on player turnover, though ... I'd hang woth Roli until he shows he can't do it on a consistent basis but need a basckup ready to step in but both he and Smith are unrestricted FA's.

Maybe a true goon too?

I don't think a true goon fits with Boucher ... but not sure one is really needed anymore. Who is Bruins' goon?

I dunno who i would consider Boston's good, buti just think at times the Boltz needed someone to go out there and really get physical and Goon it up a bit.  I know missing Kubina hurt and he could have helped the team be a bit more physical, but i feel pulling in one or two more guys like that for the back end would help the team get more physical.  Bringing grinders on the back end would help the team get immediately more physical and possibly help speed Hedman's maturation up and influence him to be more physical.  It would also make it harder for an untimely injury to rob the team of any real defensive attitude. 

Maybe a true goon too?

I dunno who i would consider Boston's good, buti just think at times the Boltz needed someone to go out there and really get physical and Goon it up a bit.

Closest thing they have is Downie who will definitely glove a few faces if need be ... and that's probably they closest will get with Boucher ... I just don't see him having a Cicconne-type player on the team ... could be wrong, though.

Archived