• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip needs his own players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Legitimate question...

Does anyone think that Amarri Jackson may have been a better QB than BJ Daniels? Amarri could run and throw, and I am sure he could look at and throw to only one receiver all day every day.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly ... reason I expected Evald in there in the 3rd.

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

Hopefully Holtz will do a better job of recruiting next year.

• Content Count:  720

Exactly ... reason I expected Evald in there in the 3rd.

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

Hopefully Holtz will do a better job of recruiting next year.

Hopefully Weatherford and Floyd are still on track to be inrolling in Jan. I can't help but to think that those two are foaming at the mouth to get in here and complete. Both can run, but more importantly can pass too.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not willing to give up on the season !

Why do you think Gunsby is better than Evald ?

Cause the coaches think he is. That is why he is redshirted to give him potentially 2 years as the starter after BJ leaves. If you don't think he is your future, you don't redshirt him.

The future is NOW !

Look at those schools laughing at us with True FR QB's with success ... if we don't upgrade QB position each year, we're in trouble.

I hope to see a better QB in 2011, maybe it's Daniels, maybe it's somebody we don't know yet.

He recruited Gunsby and clearly BJ isn't getting it done.  Use the freshman- other teams do and win!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,972
  • Days Won:  12

I am actually really glad they are running a different scheme.  If we don't go to the St. Pete Bowl this year I will be quite alright with that.

Invest in the future.

agreed

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cause the coaches think he is. That is why he is redshirted to give him potentially 2 years as the starter after BJ leaves. If you don't think he is your future, you don't redshirt him.

The future is NOW !

Look at those schools laughing at us with True FR QB's with success ... if we don't upgrade QB position each year, we're in trouble.

I hope to see a better QB in 2011, maybe it's Daniels, maybe it's somebody we don't know yet.

He recruited Gunsby and clearly BJ isn't getting it done.  Use the freshman- other teams do and win!

Exactly snarling. Gunsby is his guy. Number 1 target while he was at ECU and brought him here for a reason.

• Content Count:  4,738

I don think they will sit bj down for a series or for a game. If he gets benched he won't be back

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just because they did not red-shirt Evald does not make him crap... Skip did not add him to the roster to be nice, he added him because he fits into the "Skip System" and could fill in for BJ if something bad occurred this season.

I consider our performance or lack there of, as something bad. I say give Evald some starts during WV here and there to catch the Eer's off guard. I guarantee you that they are going to replicate what Cuse did to us this past weekend.

Blitz BJ because he will panic and (a) throw a pick, or (B) take the sack.

BJ has been neutered and is not the same QB that he was last year.

• Content Count:  521

i think our only hope for this year is for BJ to start picking up the offense.  i mean, for christ's sake, there were WR's wide open, not just for big gains, but for touchdowns.  our defense held syracuse to 13 points.

the systems work.  the players need to execute.

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

First - his name is EVELD.

Second - Coach Holtz said coming into the season that EVELD has a much better understanding of the system than Gunsby, although Gunsby is a better athlete. BJ is a better athlete, but 

that doesn't matter if he doesn't or can't execute the plays.

Third - speaking of execution, the O-line was stuffed on Saturday. After the first series we had no run game to speak of.

Archived