• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip needs his own players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly ... reason I expected Evald in there in the 3rd.

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

We lost to 'cuse and didn't score offensively, they are laughing already.

LOL you're right about that one ET. I don't believe the coaches failed us but, like you I would have loved to see Eveld in there for atleast a series. The two or three in UF's case QB system seems to be a trend this year. There were 5 QB's in the UF vs LSU game....lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

Or not.

"They have been to five straight bowl games. Obviously they're doing a lot of things right," the coach said. "I'm not looking to come in and reinvent the wheel. I'm looking to build on the success that this program has already enjoyed." This is accurate as far as to what I've seen on the field. Holtz has simplified the playbook twice since the Spring.

Holtz, 38-27 in five seasons at East Carolina, said he's going to be open-minded about the team's style of play. USF returns nine starters on offense, including quarterback B.J. Daniels, and six on defense.

"This isn't about Skip Holtz running his system. This is about what talents and abilities do we have on this football team," the coach said. "I've thrown the ball 14 times a game and won a lot of games. I've thrown the ball 65 times a game and won a lot of games." This statement is completely accurate as well. We ARE NOT running Holtz's system because BJ is incapable of executing it right now. We've thrown the ball and won against much lesser competition this season and we've run the ball and won.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4830178

What's the point of this thread?? The box was stacked against us yesterday and even when BJ did run he gained nothing. SU had a great gameplan and executed it to perfection. I don't believe that SU is a more talented team than we are but, they may be a little better because of PLAYER execution on offense. Our defense did all they could yesterday and kept us in the game.

I know that some of you are longing for the "read-option" 3 times in a row days again but, those are long gone. Skip will get his players and we will be successful just not this season.

No more read option please!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,628
  • Days Won:  29

I'm not willing to give up on the season !

Why do you think Gunsby is better than Evald ?

Exactly ... reason I expected Evald in there in the 3rd.

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

We lost to 'cuse and didn't score offensively, they are laughing already.

LOL you're right about that one ET. I don't believe the coaches failed us but, like you I would have loved to see Eveld in there for atleast a series. The two or three in UF's case QB system seems to be a trend this year. There were 5 QB's in the UF vs LSU game....lol

Agree !

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Or not.

"They have been to five straight bowl games. Obviously they're doing a lot of things right," the coach said. "I'm not looking to come in and reinvent the wheel. I'm looking to build on the success that this program has already enjoyed." This is accurate as far as to what I've seen on the field. Holtz has simplified the playbook twice since the Spring.

Holtz, 38-27 in five seasons at East Carolina, said he's going to be open-minded about the team's style of play. USF returns nine starters on offense, including quarterback B.J. Daniels, and six on defense.

"This isn't about Skip Holtz running his system. This is about what talents and abilities do we have on this football team," the coach said. "I've thrown the ball 14 times a game and won a lot of games. I've thrown the ball 65 times a game and won a lot of games." This statement is completely accurate as well. We ARE NOT running Holtz's system because BJ is incapable of executing it right now. We've thrown the ball and won against much lesser competition this season and we've run the ball and won.

What's the point of this thread?? The box was stacked against us yesterday and even when BJ did run he gained nothing. SU had a great gameplan and executed it to perfection. I don't believe that SU is a more talented team than we are but, they may be a little better because of PLAYER execution on offense. Our defense did all they could yesterday and kept us in the game.

I know that some of you are longing for the "read-option" 3 times in a row days again but, those are long gone. Skip will get his players and we will be successful just not this season.

No more read option please!

Umm, thats our only half way decent play at this point. What do you propose instead? Straight hand off to Plancher for 2 yards or a pass that is misread and either incomplete or picked? Read option is all we have.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Or not.

The point of this thread is that for all the ******** about Skip needing his players, he himself said he would play to the existing players' strengths.  Didn't see it yesterday.  As for the offense, I don't care what they run, put it in the end zone.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cause the coaches think he is. That is why he is redshirted to give him potentially 2 years as the starter after BJ leaves. If you don't think he is your future, you don't redshirt him.

Cause the coaches think he is. That is why he is redshirted to give him potentially 2 years as the starter after BJ leaves. If you don't think he is your future, you don't redshirt him.

The future is NOW !

Look at those schools laughing at us with True FR QB's with success ... if we don't upgrade QB position each year, we're in trouble.

I hope to see a better QB in 2011, maybe it's Daniels, maybe it's somebody we don't know yet.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So you keep a nonperforming qb as the starter and back him up with a less talented walk-on freshman so you can win games 3 years from now?

So you keep a nonperforming qb as the starter and back him up with a less talented walk-on freshman so you can win games 3 years from now?

Exactly ... so we recruit 1 QB every 2 years?

Archived