• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip needs his own players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Or not.

"They have been to five straight bowl games. Obviously they're doing a lot of things right," the coach said. "I'm not looking to come in and reinvent the wheel. I'm looking to build on the success that this program has already enjoyed."

Holtz, 38-27 in five seasons at East Carolina, said he's going to be open-minded about the team's style of play. USF returns nine starters on offense, including quarterback B.J. Daniels, and six on defense.

"This isn't about Skip Holtz running his system. This is about what talents and abilities do we have on this football team," the coach said. "I've thrown the ball 14 times a game and won a lot of games. I've thrown the ball 65 times a game and won a lot of games."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4830178

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

I am actually really glad they are running a different scheme.  If we don't go to the St. Pete Bowl this year I will be quite alright with that.

Invest in the future.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

That was not Skip's expectations, as noted above.

Not going bowling will not be evidence of improvement.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,628
  • Days Won:  29

I feel we have a team good enough to handle 'cuse.

The coaches failed us yesterday.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I feel we have a team good enough to handle 'cuse.

The coaches failed us yesterday.

I'm curious about this ET. How did the coaches fail us? They called play after play that left receivers open. They recognized that Syracuse was stacking the box, so they called passing plays to try and back them off.

The only thing you can say is that they failed by not putting the best QB on the field, if BJ isn't the best QB we have. If he is, then they did that right also... and we're in for a long few years.

Exactly ... reason I expected Evald in there in the 3rd.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

And all of Div 1-A college football will be ready to laugh at us. A walk-on true freshman QB calling plays and throwing to a walk-on true freshman WR. I'm laughing about that

We lost to 'cuse and didn't score offensively, they are laughing already.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Or not.

"They have been to five straight bowl games. Obviously they're doing a lot of things right," the coach said. "I'm not looking to come in and reinvent the wheel. I'm looking to build on the success that this program has already enjoyed." This is accurate as far as to what I've seen on the field. Holtz has simplified the playbook twice since the Spring.

Holtz, 38-27 in five seasons at East Carolina, said he's going to be open-minded about the team's style of play. USF returns nine starters on offense, including quarterback B.J. Daniels, and six on defense.

"This isn't about Skip Holtz running his system. This is about what talents and abilities do we have on this football team," the coach said. "I've thrown the ball 14 times a game and won a lot of games. I've thrown the ball 65 times a game and won a lot of games." This statement is completely accurate as well. We ARE NOT running Holtz's system because BJ is incapable of executing it right now. We've thrown the ball and won against much lesser competition this season and we've run the ball and won.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4830178

What's the point of this thread?? The box was stacked against us yesterday and even when BJ did run he gained nothing. SU had a great gameplan and executed it to perfection. I don't believe that SU is a more talented team than we are but, they may be a little better because of PLAYER execution on offense. Our defense did all they could yesterday and kept us in the game.

I know that some of you are longing for the "read-option" 3 times in a row days again but, those are long gone. Skip will get his players and we will be successful just not this season.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You either burn Gunsby's redshirt or you ride or die with BJ. Eveld aint gonna do it. No offense to the young man.

Archived