• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE BEEF STUDS ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

As an extremely dedicated student at USF, even I missed Tuesday night games. I almost always had Tuesday night class, be it a science lab or a once-weekly course, and then SG Senate at 8PM on Tuesdays. Also, academics should come first, and a lot of people have exams right around now....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest USF-TechGuy

While i somewhat support their enthusiasm (when it's there) i cannot stand them.

When i go to games, i often try to get to the seats early to get good low level seats in the student section.  I usually see 2 - 3 of the beefstuds do the same.

However a few minutes after the game starts, in come the majority of the group and squeeze in to the seats at the bottom rows, and basically start pushing to the side everyone else in that row who have already been there.

Add to that their behavior... As there is a difference between being a good fan, cheering your team on and having a great amount of spirit, and just being obnoxious.  They make it seem that they are basically there just to get attention for themselves.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i am the loudest USF fan.

i sit in the P section.  anyone want to prove they are louder, step up and show n prove!

and if i'm drunk enough, i even "do da stanky legg" while HOT is playing.

i am uber-fan.  bow to my f*cking awesomeness.

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

I miss early 90's basketball at the sundome with death row and the tombstones and the newspapers handed out so that when the other team was announced the crowd would act like they were reading and chant who cares, whos that among other things. I also remember people stading up until we scored.

man even when we were getting our a**  kicked by UL or cinci it was still fun to go to

oh nostalgia  :hippy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

i am the loudest USF fan.

i sit in the P section.  anyone want to prove they are louder, step up and show n prove!

and if i'm drunk enough, i even "do da stanky legg" while HOT is playing.

i am uber-fan.  bow to my f*cking awesomeness.

Were you drunk when you wrote that?  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I miss early 90's basketball at the sundome with death row and the tombstones and the newspapers handed out so that when the other team was announced the crowd would act like they were reading and chant who cares, whos that among other things. I also remember people stading up until we scored.

man even when we were getting our a**  kicked by UL or cinci it was still fun to go to

oh nostalgia  :hippy

I know it's been noted by beastie and others but the kids today have no freaking clue how great the Dome was back in those days ...

• Content Count:  7,693

Call it dumb luck but I have not personally had an issue with the Beef Studs... however some of our members have had some bad meetings with them in the student section at Ray Jay... broken Brahma horns, "accidentally" spilled beer, and such as they are muscled out of seats.  >:(

What the biggest problem with the studs is that they are not obligated to do any community service like Student Bulls Club is and they don't really donate back to USF like other groups do. They are glory hogs and get all the fame but really don't give back...  :nope

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not sure about the allure of sitting right at mid-court. Personally, I was fond of being behind the backboard where you can chirp more on the players. I brought the newspapers, the posters of gay men for foul shots, worked on chants (some not so nice - especially at a women's game when everyone is hypersensitive - I love me a fat female basketball player!)... This was from about 1999-2002. Not sure what happened after I left. I tried religiously to attend every game (even when I moved to Treasure Island), but even I couldn't get out of tests, work, etc.

Let's be honest... it is nice getting on television. At the same time, there's something about be there for your school that matters just as much. When the Dome is packed, you can't hear yourself think. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if people will ever get to experience the day we played UF and we were undefeated. The night before was even more insane for those that were outside. Oh the memories.

• Content Count:  2,187

There needs to be more marketing on campus. There's no excitement for USF basketball. There are 4,500 students that live on campus, and while I know classes and work come first, I find it hard to believe all 4,500 students are busy with classes/work. Chalking/flyers/pep rally's ect can all go a long way.

Add in the thousands of other students that live less than a mile from campus, we should be packing that place all the time. Sure, we don't win games very often, but maybe if there was more support we'd do better. It's a perfect, fun, and free social outing!

We need more than 100 students to show up for a game.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The whole we need to market it to the students is BS.

"I asked some friends and they said they didn't know there was a game"

You know WHY they didn't know there was a game? CAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A ****.

They'll show when we're winning. Beefstud or just regular students...

Archived