• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE BEEF STUDS ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

I am a season ticket holder for USF hoops and a former student who is extremely passionate about the bulls.  As a former member of the best student group at school ever (DEATH ROW). ask someone if you dont know, I am ashamed at the student turnout for games.  We used to sleep out for tickets to get our seats.  After the game on Friday I asked the bandwagon beefstuds if they were coming back to the game on tuesday because the team needed them.  All 20 of them said they were coming back.  Want to take a guess how many came? 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.  Where were you??  I never want to hear one student ever complain about the basketball team, because you do not show up.  40,000 plus students and the section is not even filled??  I AM ASHAMED TO BE A BULLS FAN TODAY

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

Even Beefstuds have lives to attend to.

You should be applauding any sort of usf fan that goes to a basketball team right now because berating our fans for not going Seems to have helped a whole lot before  ::)

• Content Count:  2,478

I go to EVERY men's bball game that is mon-thurs. I work on the weekends so i can't make it. I go and cheer my ass off every game.

Two quick things, the students really don't know about the games other than what is said in the oracle. And if USF wants students there, do more giveaways and stuff to get the students out.

Finally, half of the beef studs are a joke. I know my basketball and I would harass the refs when they would miss BLATANT calls, and this beef stud starts yelling at me telling me how I am wrong. Then with a minute left at the game he starts YELLING at the students who are left telling them they aren't dedicated because they aren't standing and cheering. This is when we blew game and he should be happy that they are even there.

Beef studs are a joke and overrated.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I go to EVERY men's bball game that is mon-thurs. I work on the weekends so i can't make it. I go and cheer my *** off every game.

Two quick things, the students really don't know about the games other than what is said in the oracle. And if USF wants students there, do more giveaways and stuff to get the students out.

Finally, half of the beef studs are a joke. I know my basketball and I would harass the refs when they would miss BLATANT calls, and this beef stud starts yelling at me telling me how I am wrong. Then with a minute left at the game he starts YELLING at the students who are left telling them they aren't dedicated because they aren't standing and cheering. This is when we blew game and he should be happy that they are even there.

Beef studs are a joke and overrated.

My fav is when they start the BS chant when we get called for a Foul that is an obvious foul.

Those clowns are just there for the attention. The game was only on ESPN360. Its not worth their time.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

The marketing department needs to do a better job of making students aware of when games are. I know several people that would go, but when asked why they didnt go to a game, they say "I didnt know we had a game tonight." What happened to the sandwhich boards that were all over campus last year showing what day and time ALL sporting events were? Sure, the Oracle is good, but not everyone reads the Oracle. You have to put the game info RIGHT in front of students faces for them to see it. Radio ads would also help on 620 and 1010. Athletics needs to put more money into marketing IMO.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Just my opinion, which could be way wrong but I feel like the Beef Studs are out for the Beef Studs. They want the attention and if the team feels supported that's great, but its not the goal. I don't feel like there is nothing wrong with that either.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Who cares about the Beef Studs/Curtains?  When I was a student we all laughed and ridiculed them about how they definitely didnt have friends in high school because if they did they would know its not cool to paint yourself up and look/act like idiots at games. 

we should be more concerned why students arent showing up. 

• Content Count:  185

During my 4 years at USF, we had students like these BEEF STUDS who painted their bodies.  Like the Beef Studs, they only went to football and men's basketball when it was a big name team or the game was on ESPN.  I cheered on every Bulls team whether it was football, men's basketball, baseball, softball, men's/women's soccer, volleyball, track, golf,men's/women's tennis and cross country.  Yes I did attend cross country meets. I live in Arizona now and I went and supported our Men's Tennis team this past Saturday in Tucson.  It was great to see the Bulls in AZ and to see Coach Barr and Coach Henderson.  They are two of the most underappreciated coaches at USF.  Coach Barr runs a successful and respectful program, but he never gets any appreciation for his efforts. These Beef Studs are only in it for the glory, but yet USF anoints them as the ultimate Bulls fans.  That is sad because these studs probably couldn't name one player on the men's soccer team or one of our tennis teams, but yet they are the biggest Bulls Fans because they paint their bodies for football and an occasional men's basketball game.  I agree that the university's marketing is a complete joke, but the students still should be there.  We do have a website that has team schedules so if a student really wanted to go to a game they could have checked the website.  We also have team schedule posters for each team.  The Men's Tennis team or any other smaller program needs your support just as much as Football.  I hear the argument that if we start winning then students will show up.  That is probably true, but it is sad.  Many of our programs are continually successful, but yet students don't come to the matches or games because it is not football or men's basketball.  If you were on one of these teams wouldn't you want support from your fellow classmates?  We are all Bulls and it is time that our students realize that. It's a GREAT DAY TO BE A BULL!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

The marketing department needs to do a better job of making students aware of when games are. ...

Don't think that would have any bearing . . . students & other fans don't wanna go and/or there just aren't many.

Sad we don't have more students wanting to SUPPORT their teams . . .  :P

• Content Count:  7,890

very simple the game was not on TV the beef studs dont show unless its on TV.

As for the students I really don't know why they dont show up? What else is there to do on a Tuesday if you live on campus?

Not to turn this into a OCS deal but this is the exact reason why a OCS will not mean more student support.

Archived