• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE BEEF STUDS ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Why would you say a thing like that without getting your facts straight?  I mean really, how about google or call Volunteer USF or SG office to see if the Beef Studs have participated in community services before saying the Beef Studs "don't give back."  The Beef Studs are involved in far more than the Student Bulls Club any day.  Do your research!!

Currently.... a "Stampede the Polls" campaign with SG, Dance Marathon, and March into College

Recently.... Stampede of Service, Community Plunge, Week of Welcome, Homecoming

Whoa, whoa, whoa... My facts are straight... y'all just started doing this recently, in fact its just 4 months old... don't make it sound like you have been doing it since y'all were founded. Y'all have a very long way to go to catch up with the other groups, especially Student Bulls Club which has been getting the back seat treatment and has done hundreds of hours of community service work...

I think its about time y'all got involved in community service, this has been long over due... I personally was largely unaware of the Studs doing anything... thanks for the heads up  ;)

oh, but I guess that's only because they are "glory hogs."

The Beef Studs have been glory hogs... they got all the credit as the be all end all of USF Fans for years without a lick of community service being done; 4 months is a start but is no where close to the years of community service done by the other groups that get zero "glory" or attention for their efforts.

Also don't get me wrong, I love that the Studs are doing community service, changes my opinion about them as far as that is concerned... kudos to coming around.

however some of our members have had some bad meetings with them in the student section at Ray Jay... broken Brahma horns, "accidentally" spilled beer, and such as they are muscled out of seats.

I see how you skipped over this part of my message...  ::)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Why would you say a thing like that without getting your facts straight?  I mean really, how about google or call Volunteer USF or SG office to see if the Beef Studs have participated in community services before saying the Beef Studs "don't give back."  The Beef Studs are involved in far more than the Student Bulls Club any day.  Do your research!!

Currently.... a "Stampede the Polls" campaign with SG, Dance Marathon, and March into College

Whoa, whoa, whoa... My facts are straight... y'all just started doing this recently, in fact its just 4 months old... don't make it sound like you have been doing it since y'all were founded. Y'all have a very long way to go to catch up with the other groups, especially Student Bulls Club which has been getting the back seat treatment and has done hundreds of hours of community service work...

I think its about time y'all got involved in community service, this has been long over due... I personally was largely unaware of the Studs doing anything... thanks for the heads up  ;)

The Beef Studs have been glory hogs... they got all the credit as the be all end all of USF Fans for years without a lick of community service being done; 4 months is a start but is no where close to the years of community service done by the other groups that get zero "glory" or attention for their efforts.

Also don't get me wrong, I love that the Studs are doing community service, changes my opinion about them as far as that is concerned... kudos to coming around.

however some of our members have had some bad meetings with them in the student section at Ray Jay... broken Brahma horns, "accidentally" spilled beer, and such as they are muscled out of seats.

I have been in Beef Studs for two years now.... Yes, I skipped that part of the message because I have never personally seen anything like that but I've heard the stories from years past. 

The organization has come a long way since being founded.  Since I joined there were always rules the members were given to follow... no swearing (except for the BS chant which has now stopped), underage drinking, excessive drinking for those of age, in addition to the rules of the University and the stadium.  This year, we adopted the Respect-A-Bull campaign philosophy... so there's no more booing.  And at every game at RayJay, a group of Beef Studs hands out  Respect-A-Bull flyers to fans of the opposing team and welcome them to Tampa.

Yes, the conscious decision to be more involved with community service is a fairly new thing, like last Summer new.  The organization went from about 20 to over 300 and things changed... Community service involvement included.

As far as the other posts regarding the Beef Studs not being at any other sporting event than football or men's basketball, you know you are wrong about that.  The Beef Studs don't get painted up for every event but they are there.  This is partly because it's difficult to coordinate getting people painted before games which are during the week.  Beef Studs have to attend class, study, and work too.

Things are changing though... many of the incoming freshman members have tons of spirit and wouldn't mind going to class painted if they could.  It is true there are less Beef Studs at the less 'popular' sports but you can say that about any group of fans. 

And as for the posts about Beef Studs only wanting to be on television... I have NEVER heard of any Beef Stud basing their decision to attend a sporting event based off of the media coverage.  Out of the 350+ members of the organization, I'm sure can find a some who are internally motivated by getting on t.v. or some that just want some crazy pics for their facebook profile.  If anyone said something like that out loud, I'm sure they would be ousted because that's not what the organization is about at all.  At all, at all.

• Content Count:  1,991

Another game another no show, the biggest joke of all student organizations

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

Since I joined there were always rules the members were given to follow... no swearing (except for the BS chant which has now stopped), underage drinking, excessive drinking for those of age,

OMG this might be the funniest post ever on this site. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

The Beef Studs dont allow underage drinking or excessive drinking.

Give me a ******* break

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the inane targeting the Studs receive. The organization was founded to promote USF school spirit, particularly via the avenue to providing paint and comraderie amongst fellow spirited body-painters. Nowhere in the bylaws of the university or SG does it require an organization to do community service, or to be the organization which does "more" or "the most" community service. Any involvement Beef Studs have in the community is positive, as is that of any other organization. They don't need to be blasted for "not having as much as this club or that club." Nowhere does it state in bylaws that organization members should have to attend USF Athletics events in an "all or nothing" fashion. They make what events they can, and shouldn't be discouraged from attending any if they "don't make every single game." Jewbull, if you make every single game of every USF athletic team, that's amazing and I support it, but your negativity on this board is unwarranted.

Many leaders have spent years working to instill good values and respectful standards in those who paint with the Beef Studs, but the organization doesn't turn any USF student away who wants to paint. It is foolish and unwarranted to hold them to some extremely high standard of perfection; no college student organization will function without mistakes, nor will any college student organization lack a single individual with less-than-ideal motives or behavior. I have high standards for such things, and I am personally satisfied with the effort that the Beef Studs put out to attend events in number and diversity, to be involved in the community, and to encourage high standards of behavior. Paticularly considering their state a couple of years ago, from which they have come a long way, thanks to the leadership at that time.

Perhaps folks should spend more time working to perfect their own organizations rather than tearing down others whose aims are similar to theirs. Or, they should go cry about it to themselves, in private, lest the rest of us not be exposed to such continued, persistent, stubborn foolishness.

OMG this might be the funniest post ever on this site. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

The Beef Studs dont allow underage drinking or excessive drinking.

Give me a ******* break

I'm sure you NEVER, EVER drank any form of alcohol before being of age, and I bet you NEVER, EVER drank before a football game, and I bet you NEVER, EVER drank in a place you weren't supposed to, or in the vicinity of an event you weren't supposed to, or in excess in public, or made ANY bad decisions in your youth. Don't mean to call you out, buddy, but just saying, we all live in a glass house when it comes to such things....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the inane targeting the Studs receive. The organization was founded to promote USF school spirit particularly via the avenue to providing paint and comraderie amongst fellow spirited body-painters., Nowhere in the bylaws of the university or SG does it require an organization to do community service, or to be the organization which does "more" or "the most" community service. Any involvement Beef Studs have in the community is positive, as is that of any other organization. They don't need to be blasted for "not having as much as this club or that club." Nowhere does it state in bylaws that organization members should have to attend USF Athletics events in an "all or nothing" fashion. They make what events they can, and shouldn't be discouraged from attending any if they "don't make every single game." Jewbull, if you make every single game of every USF athletic team, that's amazing and I support it, but your negativity on this board is unwarranted.

Many leaders have spent years working to instill good values and respectful standards in those who paint with the Beef Studs, but the organization doesn't turn any USF student away who wants to paint. It is foolish and unwarranted to hold them to some extremely high standard of perfection; no college student organization will function without mistakes, nor will any college student organization lack a single individual with less-than-ideal motives or behavior. I have high standards for such things, and I am personally satisfied with the effort that the Beef Studs put out to attend events in number and diversity, to be involved in the community, and to encourage high standards of behavior. Paticularly considering their state a couple of years ago, from which they have come a long way, thanks to the leadership at that time.

Perhaps folks should spend more time working to perfect their own organizations rather than tearing down others whose aims are similar to theirs. Or, they should go cry about it to themselves, in private, lest the rest of us not be exposed to such continued, persistent, stubborn foolishness.

That needs to be changed to "founded to promote USF football spirit" .... 350+ members and they can't get even a small contingent to every home basketball game ... minimum every home conference game?? Give me a ******* break. That would be a no brainer if indeed the organization WAS founded to promote USF school spirit.... and Lord knows the hoops team could use the support.

• Content Count:  1,037

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the inane targeting the Studs receive. The organization was founded to promote USF school spirit particularly via the avenue to providing paint and comraderie amongst fellow spirited body-painters., Nowhere in the bylaws of the university or SG does it require an organization to do community service, or to be the organization which does "more" or "the most" community service. Any involvement Beef Studs have in the community is positive, as is that of any other organization. They don't need to be blasted for "not having as much as this club or that club." Nowhere does it state in bylaws that organization members should have to attend USF Athletics events in an "all or nothing" fashion. They make what events they can, and shouldn't be discouraged from attending any if they "don't make every single game." Jewbull, if you make every single game of every USF athletic team, that's amazing and I support it, but your negativity on this board is unwarranted.

That needs to be changed to "founded to promote USF football spirit" .... 350+ members and they can't get even a small contingent to every home basketball game ... minimum every home conference game?? Give me a ******* break. That would be a no brainer if indeed the organization WAS founded to promote USF school spirit.... and Lord knows the hoops team could use the support.

The Beef studs attend the games they are able to attend. I'm not sure why people are criticizing a student organization that at least tries to support USF athletics. I'm sure they feel like some games just aren't worth attending because they have other things to do and/or they feel the same sense of apathy as most other students at USF. Do you propose we get rid of the organization because they "can't get a small contigent to every home basketball game?" Again, they at least make an effort to try promote school spirit. Even if the beef studs only attend a few basketball games per year it is much better than the other 40K or so students who don't go at all; the other 40k is where your rants should be directed towards not at an organization that at least tries to do a good thing...

Actually, good sir, even in that first year of the founding of the Beef Studs (and every year I was there from 2001-2005), we did attend most home basketball games. Sometimes we painted, sometimes straight from class with no time to paint. I've got the ticket stubs saved to prove it, and pictures of us too. That was when there were less than 10 of us. I met the Reaper that first year at the basketball games, if you need confirmation from another Bullspen board member. Granted, that was now 7 years ago, and it is a different organization now. But I'm certain members still go to basketball games, even if not painted every single time. It's a pain in the butt to put all that paint on and get it all off again; it's nice to attend a game in regular USF fan attire sometimes.

Give yourself a "******* break." You're not getting one from me. Now Trip, man, why would you even bark up that tree? What organization did YOU found to promote school spirit? You wanna call me out when I say my friends and I started an organization with a purpose? Who are you to tell me what I did and why? It's one thing to say "well, the basketball team sure could use more support than it looks like its getting right now from any student organization." It a whole other game to tell ME that YOU know better than I what I did.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think Trip founded the Young Communists for USF Basketball group back in the 60s, but I could be wrong.

Archived