• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe on Jim Rome Today at 1:00

Boomer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

So Flip Flop is BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ according to Matt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  701

WAR MATT GROTHE DOING MORE INTERVIEWS WHILE IN THE BATHROOM BRUSHING HIS TEETH, SHAVING, AND FLUSHING THE TOILET

LOL

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus Christ, u guys are a tough crowd.

cut the kid some slack.  he's a ******* jock, not a professional orator.

he did fine.  i wouldn't have touched the "get paid for playing" subject if i were him, but i didn't think it was that bad.

Had to stop listening. Rome wasn't helping him any, either.

I don't really give a **** if he can talk to the media. Just keep do'n what you do, Grothe!

agreed

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I thought about 80% of the team were communication majors.  I hope Matt's not one of them or he's failing.  That did not get me as excited as I thought it would.

Rome should have asked him about hunting or fishing.

--------

On the flip side, I'd rather have a guy that can QB than a smooth talker.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

So Flip Flop is BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ according to Matt

hahaha

• Content Count:  5,241

Did you guys hear leavitt get interviewed after the kansas game by espn? He sounded like boomhower from king of the hill!

I thought it was hilarious

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You all need to lighten up a bit. I don't think it is a secret that Matt isn't too comfortable giving interviews. This isn't the typical press conference where at least you have other players and possibly coaches sitting there to give you confidence. He is one-on-one with Rome, no back up.

I don't imagine myself doing very well in that situation, why should MG be held to a higher standard? Because he is a good football player?

I actually thought he responded to the players being paid thing really well. Obviously he was painted into a corner the first time, and he at least got that out there. It wasn't like he was sitting there just randomly talking and was like..."oh, another thing, I think I should get paid..."

• Content Count:  1,297

yeah, he was way too nervious and he obviously wasn't into answering the questions about being a paid athlete.  

seemed to me that Rome was most interested in that topic-- more so than football itself, although he started out in that direction.

Grothe has a point about giving athletes some sort stipend-- you cannot live on just a scholarship alone and unlike fellow students, he can't really go out and get a job-- NO TIME. He even tried to do that and let's not go into how that turned out.

yes-- he didn't sound like he was on pep pills or overly enthusiastic. SO what? Have you ever seen any interviews with him? He is a very laid back kid and he tends to be slightly introverted in general. So was Jenkins. Not a big deal, some kids do their talking on the field. They can't all be Chad Johnsons

of course rome was interested in that topic.  he's been talking about it for a whle now on his program.  and he's for giving athletes some of the money that is made off of them.  

and yes, i have heard a matt grothe interview and i'm not saying he should be on pep pills.  i think you missed my post that said he doesn't need to be a perfect interview but he doesn't need to mumble into the phone so much.

Archived