• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe on Jim Rome Today at 1:00

Boomer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

this was told to him last minute and done on his cell phone which is not the clearest at times..

then how come Greg had it on his blog at 12:15 am Tuesday morning??  you mean they told Greg that he was going to be on Jim Rome before they told him?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

• Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Just listened to it...  I am not sure what everyone is making such a huge deal over.  Sounds like a regular guy talking to a radio show host. 

Yeah the phone doesn't sound like the best quality and there were some dead air moments. 

• Content Count:  52

It wasnt that bad.  Until the money question came up he was fine.

• Content Count:  4,738

you know if there was nothing to complain about at all you would complain that the earth was too round  jeese people ... He has said before he just wants to play football..... how many heard the interview on espn with reese davis ( its on youtube)    on land line phone  not so muffled...this was told to him last minute and done on his cell phone which is not the clearest at times... But really love the way all yall pile on....much love right back at yall.   If you go read it I really think he answered the questions pretty good but hell who am I

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Aren't you his dad? ;D

The interview wasn't great, but Jim Rome kind of sucks on interviews.  I like his show, but unless you say something he can play 10,000 times a day, its not going to get the jungle riled up.  Freaking torch FIU.  Thats what we love to see from Grothe.  Who cares about Rome.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Freaking torch FIU.  Thats what we love to see from Grothe.  Who cares about Rome.

What he said.

• Content Count:  4,738

Anybody care to comment on what the take was by the Jungle after the "money" question?  Just curious.  I listened to the interview and had to go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I wonder if he's 100%... I saw a clip of his press conference on the news tonight... looked like he might have a bug or something...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Anybody care to comment on what the take was by the Jungle after the "money" question?  Just curious.  I listened to the interview and had to go.

Rome agreed with the idea of a stipend for athletes.

• Content Count:  1,894

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't believe I'm hearing all this nonsense about how bad the interview was. The interview was what it was. He was obviously going through the day while he was on the phone maybe walking, in the car, or doing whatever else a college kid does. He was very relaxed and he was laughing and it was in no way a bad interview. I could understand everything he said. It might not have been read of a script but it wasn't a fake interview like Teebow. He could of sat on the phone and said I thank god for being on the show, thank god for beating Kansas, thank god for everything I have. Grothe can say whatever he wants and do whatever he wants, he earned it.

Archived