• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe on Jim Rome Today at 1:00

Boomer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I think people have a right to comment on the interview, tiger. You are right though, it was what it was.

I don't think anyone wanted him to be fake... You're overreacting.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894

overreacting is 9 pages of criticism of Grothe getting some exposure being himself and he is getting knocked for it. He needs to take speech class? Our kids need to learn how to speak? We would rather have Selvie do the interview he would be a better face for the program? Dont tell me I'm overreacting. Go back and read page 1-9 like I did. The interview was fine. He isn't getting graded on this assignment.

• Content Count:  498

MG did strain for responses, he sounded tired, probably just watched some FIU film, that would put anyone to sleep.  I dont understand why MG was cut off before saying bye.  I did like that rome explained MG answer on being paid, or at least making it sound better, because I dont have an issue with a minor stipend.  I first thought Rome was going to blast MG after he hung up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

I missed the Rome show  but have heard Grothe speak on the radio several times. He won't win any public speaking contests but he is more than adeqate to povide incitful interviews. He does come across as being country but that is what he is. When I heard him I though he was honest and answered the questions. I don't know him personally, never met him or have any contact with him so my views of him should be objective.

• Content Count:  25

That really wasn't that bad.  I used to listen to Rome all the time (even though I can't stand him and all the rehearsed rants) and a lot of the interviews are with people on their cell phones in the car or outside.  I agree Matt is not the best speaker, but I thought the interview was very real.  Which I appreciate more then a lot of interviews I hear where some PR guy told the person everything to say beforehand.

• Content Count:  971

After finally listening to the replay, I don't see what all the fuss is about.  It was a typical Matt Grothe interview, no better and no worse.  Good PR for the program.  GO Bulls!  GO Matt!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,585
  • Days Won:  29

After finally listening to the replay, I don't see what all the fuss is about.  It was a typical Matt Grothe interview, no better and no worse.  Good PR for the program.  GO Bulls!  GO Matt!

DANG ! Wish I didn't waste my time with the earlier pages  ;D

Remember, many of these posts are from people who complain after big wins from our program.

Back to the interview and what I enjoyed hearing.

When Matt first got here and what Leavitt told him about playing QB ... straight to the point. You can play QB, IF you can play QB. Well, we certainly know he can play QB.

Also, when Matt ended that portion ... I'll play anywhere as long as we win.

We have a leader in our QB that is FULL OF BULL ! He knows that what he's doing here is helping USF in the long run. He wants USF to win the Big East his final two years and do his best to help us win a National Championship. He spoke about USF doing well last season and how this season started is really helping USF in recruiting.

Regarding the Jersey sales ... he told Rome that he was asked the question and replied. Simple as that, he's not "pushing" the cause. He just answered a question honestly.

And as somebody else pointed out, Grothe speaks direct to the point ... you're getting meat and potatoes ... same as what we get on the field.

Grothe is matter of fact when answering and we get straight/direct/honest answers.

Worth repeating:

Remember, many of these posts are from people who complain after big wins from our program.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,403

Good interview.  Thanks to Brett for uploading the audio, even if it is annoying that it auto-plays every time you refresh the page.

• Content Count:  4,738

That really wasn't that bad.  I used to listen to Rome all the time (even though I can't stand him and all the rehearsed rants) and a lot of the interviews are with people on their cell phones in the car or outside.  I agree Matt is not the best speaker, but I thought the interview was very real.  Which I appreciate more then a lot of interviews I hear where some PR guy told the person everything to say beforehand.

Rome restates the answers after every interview

• Content Count:  1,037

;)  as I said who the hell am I    lol      just win thats all I really am thinking about at this point!!!

Archived