• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe on Jim Rome Today at 1:00

Boomer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a double communications major. ****, it hard and painful to listen to the interview.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,400

oh good Rome is moving on

and a special thanks to Brent for brining this out to the media maybe he can ask Matt his view on abortion next!

• Content Count:  2,118

man, sounds like a rough reaction on here. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Seriously...as someone else said...one of the worst interviews I've ever heard.

That's my OPINION.

Love #8, so I was hoping he'd act like he cared about being on Rome's show.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

When it comes down to this. It's just an interview. We all love MG and we are proud that he represents us and our alma mater.

If people start rippin' into him, we are going to have to respond.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

When it comes down to this. It's just an interview. We all love MG and we are proud that he represents us and our alma mater.

I certainly agree with that.

• Content Count:  1,297

Seriously...as someone else said...one of the worst interviews I've ever heard.

That's my OPINION.

Love #8, so I was hoping he'd act like he cared about being on Rome's show.

well, that's the thing.  i don't think he cared to be on the Rome Show and i'm totally cool with that.  he's a down to earth guy and does really care for all that crap.  but my only opinion was take the marbles out of your mouth, don't mumble, and carry a conversation.  if you can't at least do that then don't go on the show.

People get so **** sensitive.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I only heard the tail end of it.  No direct answers on questions, mumbling, wasn't very good...  

Athletes should stick to playing on the field, coaches should do the talking.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Matt obviously wasn't comfortable talking about the $$ aspect and probably would have preferred if Rome didn't bring it up, but he did. 

I felt that the rest of the interview, aside from the poor audio quality (and the occasional mumble), was fine.  He said the right things.  So he's not Barack Obama in front of a microphone, or even comfortable speaking to the media.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  =)

I remember his first interview on TV after the McNeese State game.  He wasn't comfortable then and he's not much more comfortable now.  As long as he wins games, who cares?

• Content Count:  1,297

yeah, he was way too nervious and he obviously wasn't into answering the questions about being a paid athlete.  

seemed to me that Rome was most interested in that topic-- more so than football itself, although he started out in that direction.

Grothe has a point about giving athletes some sort stipend-- you cannot live on just a scholarship alone and unlike fellow students, he can't really go out and get a job-- NO TIME. He even tried to do that and let's not go into how that turned out.

yes-- he didn't sound like he was on pep pills or overly enthusiastic. SO what? Have you ever seen any interviews with him? He is a very laid back kid and he tends to be slightly introverted in general. So was Jenkins. Not a big deal, some kids do their talking on the field. They can't all be Chad Johnsons

of course rome was interested in that topic.  he's been talking about it for a whle now on his program.  and he's for giving athletes some of the money that is made off of them.  

and yes, i have heard a matt grothe interview and i'm not saying he should be on pep pills.  i think you missed my post that said he doesn't need to be a perfect interview but he doesn't need to mumble into the phone so much.

sorry if you took that response as an attack on your comments. I was mainly attaching to that portion because of the paying athletes part.

I thought the interview went ok-- the phone connection was kind of weak and he did sound a little less interested in doing the intereview itself. No biggie

also-- I don't think Matt meant his dad was rich. He is talking about all the team, not just himself. Pnety of our players have childen and even wives. Regardless-- they may not have come from even middle class backgrounds (not that middle class is exactly rich or doing great themselves). But waiting on a scholarship check to come in so you can buy food or anything else has to suck balls.

yeah, hey man, no problem here.  just making sure you know that i'm not attacking Matt - i know he's a laid back guy and that's all good.  

i do agree to an extent that with all the money made off these guys that some should be filtered back to the players to pay for basic necessities.

it would just have to be regulated really well because there is always room for abuse - not that it doesn't happen already (USC  >:D).

Archived