• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF game Friday 9/5 **Per Orlando Sentinel**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Keep in mind that due to the tiny size of their high-school stadium, USF will probably only get 5,000 tickets at most.  I hope to make it, but my world will not be crushed if I am left out in the cold.

The funny thing is that the UCiF athletic department knows that USF will be their best game this season, so they are charging $45.00 per ticket, instead of the usual $35.00.

I don't have a dog in this fight outside of wanting this game to continue because I like the atmosphere it brings.  But just to add a little reality into this, UCF's stadium seats  45,301.  If they have a "tiny" stadium, than the Big East has issues:

UCONN - 40,000

Louisville - 42,000

Cincy - 35,000

Cuse - 49,950

WVU - 60,000

Rutgers - 42,000

The other two Big East teams, USF and PItt play in NFL stadiums.  So out of the five Big East teams that play on campus, only two have larger stadiums than Central Florida.  You can all it an erector set, fine, but I went to a UCF game this year against Memphis and that was the loudest small stadium I have ever been in. 

Most of the time the 'High School' is not a reference to seating capacity...but it is tiny compared to Ray Jay.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

I would not call it tiny compared to Raymond James, which is a beautiful stadium.  Raymond James seats 66,000, roughly 21,000 more than Central Florida's.  I went to my first USF game this past year against UCF and then again against against Louisville.  Both games were a blast and I will go to more USF games in the future.  Maybe I just love college football, I went to my first Knight and Gator game this year as well.  UCF has something special with their stadium, USF has a great atmosphere as well.  I don't base atmoshere on size of the stadium, but the crowd involvement into the game.

When I coached, I was invited to see games all over the southeast, most of the time I did not go, but I did take in some games now and then.  The best atmosphere I ever experianced was in the early 90's at Kentucky.  They were not very good, the stadium was not very big, but man what and enviornment.  When it comes to stadiums, size does not matter.  I have been to Michigan's stadium and it was quite honestly a boring enviornment.  The crowd was quiet even though they were winning and they have 100,000 plus there.

I know the two schools don't like each other, that is part of the fun of college football, but to bash a school because of their stadium is foolish.  Considering the success they had on and off the field.

Gridiron,

I agree.  Each stadium has it's own qualities.  But like I said, the "high school" reference, most of the time, is not in reference to capacity.

Ray Jay should not even be compared to UCF Stadium.  One is a state of the art facility, the other was built with cost in mind.

UCF does have a nice atmosphere.  Their crowd was loud in the CB two years ago when USF played over there.  I'm sure it is loud in the new stadium.

It all depends on which games you go to.  WVU last year was electric.  L'ville, the game you went to was electric early, but the blow out started, so maybe the intensity wasn't there.  Same with the UCF game.  USF proved in the WVU game that when the crowd needs to step up, it can.  It was great to see for such a young program.

I find it funny how UCF fans look down on USF for not having an OCS.  I think that's why you see the bashing go the other way.  It took them 30+ years to get one, while USF is only a 12 year old program.  UCF fans have short memories.  If Orlando had a pro team and had a Ray Jay sitting there, I don't think UCF has an OCS right now.  There would not have been a need.

Thanks for supporting the Bulls, Gridiron.

• Content Count:  65

Gridiron,

I agree.  Each stadium has it's own qualities.  But like I said, the "high school" reference, most of the time, is not in reference to capacity.

Ray Jay should not even be compared to UCF Stadium.  One is a state of the art facility, the other was built with cost in mind.

UCF does have a nice atmosphere.  Their crowd was loud in the CB two years ago when USF played over there.  I'm sure it is loud in the new stadium.

It all depends on which games you go to.  WVU last year was electric.  L'ville, the game you went to was electric early, but the blow out started, so maybe the intensity wasn't there.  Same with the UCF game.  USF proved in the WVU game that when the crowd needs to step up, it can.  It was great to see for such a young program.

I find it funny how UCF fans look down on USF for not having an OCS.  I think that's why you see the bashing go the other way.  It took them 30+ years to get one, while USF is only a 12 year old program.  UCF fans have short memories.  If Orlando had a pro team and had a Ray Jay sitting there, I don't think UCF has an OCS right now.  There would not have been a need.

You are right - RayJay doesn't compare to UCF's Stadium - IT'S AN NFL Stadium that doesn't even have your logos on the field half the time.  What is funny is that you USF fans change your tune with the wind.  A week ago, you were saying that you never wanted an OCS because of RayJay.  Then, after the ACC fiasco, you all wanted an OCS.  Now that you are signing another deal, an OCS is stupid.  Some schools don't need an OCS (i.e. Miami, USC).  But an OCS brings more $$$, more traditions, more school spirit, and more personality to the program.  You will never fully know what we are talking about until you actually experience it. 

That being said, I still crack up reading most of your posts.  You like to call O'Leary O'Liar, which would be funny, except you feel that it's not ok to give him a second chance, but look at your football team.  It is comprised of second chance players.  You like to make fun of our "High School" stadium for it's capacity.  Last I checked, we have a higher capacity than most of your conference AND we modeled it after Louisville's stadium - also in YOUR conference.  If I were you guys, I would hold my hat on the scoreboard, because that is really all you have over us.  Ironically enough, the only reason why you have that over us is because you REFUSED to play us until you were able to recruit as a BCS school for 2 years.  What's funny is all we heard about a possible game against UCF is that "We want to play them when we are ready" then you FINALLY play us after we come off an 0-11 season in which we completely retooled our team.  Hell, we even played FSU when we were 1AA.  Look - College Football is all about ups and downs.  You need to be just as humble in the ups as you are in the down swing.  I just can't wait until your downs humble your fan base because you are acting worse than Florida fans were before they even won an SEC title.  Try winning something of meaning before you announce yourself a part of the "Big 3".  Try even finishing a season in the Top 25 before you beat your chests.  If you want to know how stupid you sound to Miami  and the rest of the state when you say that you have replaced them in the Big 3, it's like FAU saying that they won their Bowl game (against a Memphis team UCF scored 7 straight TD on in the first half) so they are the best school in Florida.  At least they know where they stand on the totem pole.  Bottom line is that UCF and USF are eerily similar and because of that mixed with the proximity to each other, this game is considered a rivalry by most national media-types...

• Content Count:  4,642

quality > location

you fools will never understand that b/c you've never had a nice stadium to play in.

• Content Count:  4,642

Do we know when tickets will go on sale?   I'd hate to miss out on the beat down. 

You'll have to call our ticket department to get in on our allotment, and I'm sure that we will sell our tiny allotment.  

Sure about that?

USF returned 3,000 unsold tix out of their 5,000 tix allotment from their last game in Orlando in '06. (From St Pete Times: USF had sold 1,976 tickets, well short of its allotment.

Why would this time be any different?

what a bunch of BS

We brought plenty of fans to that game and you know it.

get a life scrub

Mike....sorry...just using info from Greg's article back in Sept 2006.

Out of USF's official allotment of 5,000....USF only sold 1,976 tix. (Rest were returned to UCF).

USF students and student groups bought another 1,200 outside of USF's official allotment package.

Mike...if you have a problem with the info Greg is providing, please take it up with him.

people don't travel for blowouts, unless you're from UCiF and want to support our third string QB throwing TD's.  hopefully this garbage match up will be on tv so i don't have to fly down there to watch such a lopsided game.

South Florida wins by 32 this year to close out a worthless series.  Thanks to all the UCiF fans who have supported USF athletics in 05 and 07!

Gridiron,

It all depends on which games you go to.   WVU last year was electric.  L'ville, the game you went to was electric early, but the blow out started, so maybe the intensity wasn't there.  Same with the UCF game.  USF proved in the WVU game that when the crowd needs to step up, it can.  It was great to see for such a young program.

You are right - RayJay doesn't compare to UCF's Stadium - IT'S AN NFL Stadium that doesn't even have your logos on the field half the time.  What is funny is that you USF fans change your tune with the wind.  A week ago, you were saying that you never wanted an OCS because of RayJay.  Then, after the ACC fiasco, you all wanted an OCS.  Now that you are signing another deal, an OCS is stupid.  Some schools don't need an OCS (i.e. Miami, USC).  But an OCS brings more $$$, more traditions, more school spirit, and more personality to the program.  You will never fully know what we are talking about until you actually experience it. 

That being said, I still crack up reading most of your posts.  You like to call O'Leary O'Liar, which would be funny, except you feel that it's not ok to give him a second chance, but look at your football team.  It is comprised of second chance players.  You like to make fun of our "High School" stadium for it's capacity.  Last I checked, we have a higher capacity than most of your conference AND we modeled it after Louisville's stadium - also in YOUR conference.  If I were you guys, I would hold my hat on the scoreboard, because that is really all you have over us.  Ironically enough, the only reason why you have that over us is because you REFUSED  :cry2 to play us until you were able to recruit as a BCS school for 2 years.  What's funny is all we heard about a possible game against UCF is that "We want to play them when we are ready" then you FINALLY play us after we come off an 0-11 season in which we completely retooled our team.   Hell, we even played FSU when we were 1AA.  Look - College Football is all about ups and downs.  You need to be just as humble in the ups as you are in the down swing.  I just can't wait until your downs humble your fan base because you are acting worse than Florida fans were before they even won an SEC title.  Try winning something of meaning before you announce yourself a part of the "Big 3".  Try even finishing a season in the Top 25 before you beat your chests.  If you want to know how stupid you sound to Miami  and the rest of the state when you say that you have replaced them in the Big 3, it's like FAU saying that they won their Bowl game (against a Memphis team UCF scored 7 straight TD on in the first half) so they are the best school in Florida.  At least they know where they stand on the totem pole.  Bottom line is that UCF and USF are eerily similar and because of that mixed with the proximity to each other, this game is considered a rivalry by most national media-types...

Great post.  Man you guys sound bitter.  Did you even read my last two posts about capacity?

Honestly, does anything other than scoreboard really matter?  The rest are just moral victories.  :clap

You like to make fun of our "High School" stadium for it's capacity.  Last I checked, we have a higher capacity than most of your conference AND we modeled it after Louisville's stadium - also in YOUR conference. 

field-new1.jpg

Someone help me out....is that Papa John's stadium or UCF's?  I can't tell them apart.

Where's the chain link fence?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

You are right - RayJay doesn't compare to UCF's Stadium - IT'S AN NFL Stadium that doesn't even have your logos on the field half the time.  What is funny is that you USF fans change your tune with the wind.  A week ago, you were saying that you never wanted an OCS because of RayJay.  Then, after the ACC fiasco, you all wanted an OCS.  Now that you are signing another deal, an OCS is stupid.

Right, we ALL wanted an OCS after the ACC fiasco  ::) ..... It's easy to make points in an argument when you make up crap.

Some schools don't need an OCS (i.e. Miami, USC).  But an OCS brings more $$$, more traditions, more school spirit, and more personality to the program.  You will never fully know what we are talking about until you actually experience it.

And who's to say we don't NEED one either.... We've done pretty **** well without one up to this point and I have not seen or heard ANY credible reasoning behind the argument that we NEED one. UCF NEEDED one so enjoy it but don't waste your time trying to convince us that we need one, too ...

If I were you guys, I would hold my hat on the scoreboard, because that is really all you have over us.

Good one. That's ALL we have over you. Classic Kanigit logic ...

Ironically enough, the only reason why you have that over us is because you REFUSED to play us until you were able to recruit as a BCS school for 2 years.

Right, back in 1997 we refused to play you because we wanted to wait until we had 2 years of BCS recruiting under our belt .... brilliant logic on your part. Fact is we wanted to play you from the beginning but your admin wouldn't do it.... until they saw what was brewing over here and saw that they needed to somehow put some separation between us. It was at THAT point that we stepped back and reassessed the situation.

What's funny is all we heard about a possible game against UCF is that "We want to play them when we are ready" then you FINALLY play us after we come off an 0-11 season in which we completely retooled our team.

Nobobdy put a gun to UCF's head and made them play at that point. If your admin didn't think you were up to it, they shouldn't have scheduled the series.

Hell, we even played FSU when we were 1AA.

Too bad you didn't want to play us when WE were 1-AA. You may be the ones in the BE now.

Bottom line is that UCF and USF are eerily similar ...

Eerily similar?? The 'U' and the 'F' are where our similarities start and end. You've played football for over 25 years, us just over 10. You've made and won gamesin the 1-AA playoffs, we never did. We've beaten numerous BCS teams, including top 10 teams, teams with winning records, teams that won bowl games. You've beaten 2 pretty lousy BCS teams. We've won a bowl game, you haven't. We are BCS, you're not. You have a nice, new OCS. We're "stuck" playing in RayJay .... We are only eerily similar in the minds of a lot of UCF fans.

this game is considered a rivalry by most national media-types...

So?

Archived