• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF game Friday 9/5 **Per Orlando Sentinel**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

My boss went to USF... UCF guys(5 out of 11)

Five UCF guys working for a USF grad?  Hmmmm.   ;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

He's got almst 20yrs age on me and no other USF guy is in my department.  The UCF people range from age 25(me) to 29.

I think it's funny that he barely knows you have a football team.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

He's got almst 20yrs age on me and no other USF guy is in my department.  The UCF people range from age 25(me) to 29.

I think it's funny that he barely knows you have a football team.

It happens.  Is he just not a football fan?

I know several UCFers who are USF season ticket holders.

• Content Count:  711

Honestly though, I do believe that you guys built too small and too soon.

To be honest, unlike us, they really didn't have much of a choice...

You may be in love with the stadium now, but I don't think the sentiment will be the same in 15-20 years.

It is expandable so, if warranted, they should be able to expand and spruce it up .......

The stadium will undergo upgrades throughout the years.  It's expandable and designed to be.  FSU's stadium was very similiar (although bigger) before the upgraded it today.  It's not anything special to look at...but not an eyesore, either!  45k is a good size for our fanbase...and looks a lot better filled up than having 20k more seats sit empty most of the time.  All the $$ spent on tix and consessions all go to UCF and not the city.  That's HUGE!  You have to start somewhere...and we didn't have much of a choice....fans love it and it's a great atmosphere!  It's definitley a skeleton of what the plans in place for it are....but it's not a dump and no worries about bad neighborhoods around....just some whiney neighbors.  :)

You may be in love with the stadium now, but I don't think the sentiment will be the same in 15-20 years.

It is expandable so, if warranted, they should be able to expand and spruce it up .......

The stadium will undergo upgrades throughout the years.  It's expandable and designed to be.  FSU's stadium was very similiar (although bigger) before the upgraded it today.  It's not anything special to look at...but not an eyesore, either!  45k is a good size for our fanbase...and looks a lot better filled up than having 20k more seats sit empty most of the time.  All the $$ spent on tix and consessions all go to UCF and not the city.  That's HUGE!  You have to start somewhere...and we didn't have much of a choice....fans love it and it's a great atmosphere!  It's definitley a skeleton of what the plans in place for it are....but it's not a dump and no worries about bad neighborhoods around....just some whiney neighbors.  :)

Some of these naysayers would rather have it all or nothing when the time comes for their own OCS.  I'm ok with a work in progress as long as it's moving forward.

The University of Minnesota more than paid their dues for their own home.  One day, UCF could be so lucky as to be able to upgrade to that quality of facility(as both are steel based stadiums).  Unlike Minnesota, I don't think the state of Florida is going to give any money to the colleges for stadiums or upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

I'll probably be watching this one from home(or local watch party) also.

We'll only have a limited amount of tix and needing to take off early from work. Will use those afternoons for Home games.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Some of y'all may not want to come to this game because of the sheer fact that you will be floored by how much nicer UCF is compared to USF.  But all kidding aside....I hope y'all make it up for the game.  We sold out for Marshall and Tulane, too...so selling out for USF is because of the obvious.  It's not like the Texas game where they were two seasons away from being National Champs and a national traditional power.  It'll be a tough ticket due to the fact that it's an easy game for USF to travel to and there's state bragging rights, no matter what.

Call it what you want...but I live in Tampa and get crap from USF fans when ever I wear my UCF stuff around.  Even at work if I wore a UCF polo on fridays...I'd get "Go Bulls" all the time.

As far as the game in Orlando...come up and see it for what it is...it's a nice campus to check out and enjoy yourselves.  You'll see why an on-campus stadium is so much different in enviroment alone!  But don't go crying to the state once you see our basketball arena.  I don't think your brass will be too happy to see what they gave us...and not USF.  And yes...it was paid by the state!!

why bother

usf will destroy and embarass them  a fourth time

i can see why someone wouldnt want to waste their day watching ftu/ou/oc play football

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

do you realize your football team sucks?????

Do you realize you're completely irrelevant?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Do you realize you're completely irrelevant?

dont anwser a question with a question.

Archived