• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF game Friday 9/5 **Per Orlando Sentinel**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

But don't go crying to the state once you see our basketball arena.  I don't think your brass will be too happy to see what they gave us...and not USF.  And yes...it was paid by the state!!

Goldenbuc,

Are you sure about that?  I don't think the state "gave" UCF the arena or paid for it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Some of y'all may not want to come to this game because of the sheer fact that you will be floored by how much nicer UCF is compared to USF.  But all kidding aside....I hope y'all make it up for the game.  We sold out for Marshall and Tulane, too...so selling out for USF is because of the obvious.  It's not like the Texas game where they were two seasons away from being National Champs and a national traditional power.  It'll be a tough ticket due to the fact that it's an easy game for USF to travel to and there's state bragging rights, no matter what.

Call it what you want...but I live in Tampa and get crap from USF fans when ever I wear my UCF stuff around.  Even at work if I wore a UCF polo on fridays...I'd get "Go Bulls" all the time.

As far as the game in Orlando...come up and see it for what it is...it's a nice campus to check out and enjoy yourselves.  You'll see why an on-campus stadium is so much different in enviroment alone!  But don't go crying to the state once you see our basketball arena.  I don't think your brass will be too happy to see what they gave us...and not USF.  And yes...it was paid by the state!!

GB,

Funny about the crap you take for wearing UCF stuff. Here in Orlando, I hardly get any crap for wearing my Bulls gear in the office. Most of my company went to UCF, so it's good fun around here. I insulted UCF during my interview just to set the stage, they hired me anyway, but knew where I stood on that issue.

You guys do have a great Basketball Arena, I was there for the Ole Miss game (cheering for them and their Fr point guard), it is nice in there. I don't have a problem with the Sun Dome though. It could use some upgrades, but it is a great home court when the Bulls are winning and fans are showing up.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You won't find me complaining about the entire UCF campus.  The athletic village, shops, eateries, etc. are all immaculate.  Also, your basketball area isn't too bad, either.  The Sun Dome has way more history, so I'll take that.

If I ever take potshots at UCF, it's the stadium.  I know it's on-campus and all, but man, I just don't have any respect for it.  Call it jealousy, call it taste, whatever makes you feel better about it.

However, I live for the day when I can drive onto the USF campus, where I spent four years of my life (and so I love it no matter what another college-grad may say about it), and drive up to our stadium.

• Content Count:  2,239

Some of y'all may not want to come to this game because of the sheer fact that you will be floored by how much nicer UCF is compared to USF.  But all kidding aside....I hope y'all make it up for the game.  We sold out for Marshall and Tulane, too...so selling out for USF is because of the obvious.  It's not like the Texas game where they were two seasons away from being National Champs and a national traditional power.  It'll be a tough ticket due to the fact that it's an easy game for USF to travel to and there's state bragging rights, no matter what.

Call it what you want...but I live in Tampa and get crap from USF fans when ever I wear my UCF stuff around.  Even at work if I wore a UCF polo on fridays...I'd get "Go Bulls" all the time.

As far as the game in Orlando...come up and see it for what it is...it's a nice campus to check out and enjoy yourselves.  You'll see why an on-campus stadium is so much different in enviroment alone!  But don't go crying to the state once you see our basketball arena.  I don't think your brass will be too happy to see what they gave us...and not USF.  And yes...it was paid by the state!!

GB,

Funny about the crap you take for wearing UCF stuff. Here in Orlando, I hardly get any crap for wearing my Bulls gear in the office. Most of my company went to UCF, so it's good fun around here. I insulted UCF during my interview just to set the stage, they hired me anyway, but knew where I stood on that issue.

You guys do have a great Basketball Arena, I was there for the Ole Miss game (cheering for them and their Fr point guard), it is nice in there. I don't have a problem with the Sun Dome though. It could use some upgrades, but it is a great home court when the Bulls are winning and fans are showing up.

My boss went to USF.  He couldn't care less cause football wasn't there when he went, but he was fine with us UCF guys(5 out of 11) wearing jerseys before the season starts.  Unfortunately, the only one worth jawing at went to UF.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

You won't find me complaining about the entire UCF campus.  The athletic village, shops, eateries, etc. are all immaculate.  Also, your basketball area isn't too bad, either.  The Sun Dome has way more history, so I'll take that.

If I ever take potshots at UCF, it's the stadium.  I know it's on-campus and all, but man, I just don't have any respect for it. 

Gee...a fan of a rival school not liking the rivals stadium.

Shock.

As you said..its on-campus..its OURS...and the location next to the Athletic Village and the Memorial/Alumni Mall near by helps make Game Day at UCF a magical place.

PS. Plus...knowing not one penny of your hard earned money is going to the Glazers/Bucs...plus not a dime to pay the salaries of some City Stadium Authority that doesn't have the host team's interest at heart...is an ADDED bonus for all!

Not a bad seat in the house.

ourhousesmall.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

If I ever take potshots at UCF, it's the stadium.  I know it's on-campus and all, but man, I just don't have any respect for it. 

Shock.

Gee..a fan of a non-rival school not liking a fellow non-rival fan not liking a non-rival's non-stadium.

Non-Shock.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

Serious question, do you ever actually READ the posts you respond to? From responses here and on the Main Board you appear to just glance at them and then start typing away on a response. The better part of crambone's post was saying how nice the athletic complex and arena is, with which I agree. Not very rival-like if you ask me ..... unless one is so desperate for a rivalry that you'll do anything to try and fabricate one ....

And speaking of posts on the Main Board, did you ever get that whole "viability study" thing squared away in your head?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Serious question, do you ever actually READ the posts you respond to? From responses here and on the Main Board you appear to just glance at them and then start typing away on a response. The better part of crambone's post was saying how nice the athletic complex and arena is, with which I agree. Not very rival-like if you ask me ..... unless one is so desperate for a rivalry that you'll do anything to try and fabricate one ....

And speaking of posts on the Main Board, did you ever get that whole "viability study" thing squared away in your head?

Exactly.  Like I said, I give props to your entire complex.  The main complaint about your stadium is that your masses want us to believe that UCF has something so incredibly huge that we don't, it's kind of a let down when you actually see it.  Like I said, it may even be jealousy.

Honestly though, I do believe that you guys built too small and too soon.  You may be in love with the stadium now, but I don't think the sentiment will be the same in 15-20 years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Not very rival-like if you ask me ..... unless one is so desperate for a rivalry that you'll do anything to try and fabricate one ....

I don't have lolcats, so....:ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

Honestly though, I do believe that you guys built too small and too soon.

To be honest, unlike us, they really didn't have much of a choice...

You may be in love with the stadium now, but I don't think the sentiment will be the same in 15-20 years.

It is expandable so, if warranted, they should be able to expand and spruce it up .......

Archived