• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realize the magnitude of DAMAGE done to the program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

some of u people are missing the point.

it is not the LOSS that is damaging, but the BLOWOUT.

fans can live with losses... but getting completely outcoached, and showing complete lack of planning, effort and motivation-- and doing it on national TV to a team playing its 4th string QB-- is inexcusable.

whoever brought up Florida's loss today doesnt understand this.  a 3-point loss to a healthy Michigan squad is NOT the same thing as a 35 point loss to a depleted Oregon squad.

DrummrBoy is absolutely correct... the damage is not just the embarassing loss, but the OPPORTUNITY that was squandered as well.

the Bulls had an opportunity to heal some of the wounds of making it to #2 this season, only to plummet off the face of the map with a 3-game losing streak.  we were on our way to that, ending the reg. season with 3 wins... then we regressed by getting pimpslapped by a mediocre Oregon squad.

again, its not the loss, but the WAY we lost.  it was truly pathetic.

see u at the Sun Dome tomorrow night.  a nice BasketBull thrashing of Buttgers might help to numb the pain.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

We still have no national reputation, image, perception or whatever you want to call it. 

...and getting thrashed on national TV does nothing to build a national reputation.

we have to make the most of these opportunities when they come.

getting our asses kicked by 4th string QBs and letting every chubby running back in the NCAA breakout for 258 yards on us does absolutely diddly squat for building national prestige.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

We still have no national reputation, image, perception or whatever you want to call it. 

...and getting thrashed on national TV does nothing to build a national reputation.

It would be interesting to see if there were more viewers watching the Sun Bowl or our games against Auburn annd WVU...

letting every chubby running back in the NCAA breakout for 258 yards on us does absolutely diddly squat for building national prestige.

You're just being silly now, lumping the Pac 10's leading rusher in with "every chubby running back" ..... Oregon had a **** good team that fell apart somewhat after losing their heart and soul. The month off was enough time to get them re-focused and really pissed off at the disrespect they were getting ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  168

We still made big strides in the state and nationally this year in terms of media attention, face time, and overall identity.

Sure-- the losses hurt and the last one was especially ugly. But overall--- we continue to move the program forward. It might not be as fast as some want it to move, but you cannot tell me we aren't in a better position than we were after last season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

... trust me, this set us back years.

Trust me ... our wins over Auburn & WVU offset this single game.

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

VaTech has been to 9 BCS games ... lost ALL but 1. Did it hurt theur perception ?

Yes.

Would you give your right nut to have VT's perennial top 15 reputation.... YES!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

...  its not always puppy dogs and rainbows with this team ET.  we need serious coaching help on the offensive side of the ball, ...  theres no chance we win the big east next year with this offensive coaching staff...its honestly a freaking joke.

::)

I'm not a big fan of puppy dogs or rainbows.

This team lost 3 games by a total of 15 points. Look at the scores at the last 3 regular season games. We just got hammered and our D let up 56 points and you think our Offense is in trouble ?

Fact is, we had a good season that could have been great. We had 1 blowout loss.

It was not that long ago we were 4-7 ... since then we have been to 3 straight bowls and this past year were ranked for the first time. This is progress.

Reality is that we are not a Top 10 BCS Game team ... yet! Some of you are acting like we are and think the season was a fluke ... except for the losses.

Oregon has been a "good" team for a while. We've just become a "good" team. They had the better day, simple.  This is a young team with FR & SO being stars, this is the reality of building a program.

Look around the college foorball world and get out of the Green & Gold box ... the season is over and we had a good season.

Looking forward to a great season in 2008, some obviously see us having a bad season ... LOL again  8)

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think some are taking the word damage out of proportion.

Did it damage the program? Somewhat. But not to the point were we're back 5 years.

All it means is that people are goping top be a little more cautious about where they rank us. When we're left out of the top 25 next year or are ranked behind teams we shouldn't be we'll know why.

But that is about the extent of damage.

• Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

I guess a couple of days to reflect and relax has made me realize that yes, We were SPANKED!

No, the world didn't end.

Did you see the line in todays paper, the gators got whipped in the '96 Sun Bowl. '97 wasn't so bad.

No, I don't think we were mentally prepared for the Ducks. I congradulate them on playing with the emotion needed in these games.

Yes, we'll be at the spring game, pre-season tailgate at Capogna's, and every home game next year.

We'll get excited about the rankings when we get back in them.

GO BULLS!

START STRONG!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I think you mean the Fiesta vs. Nebraska in 95/96.  They lost 62-24.  Next year they won the whole thing.  I think I am cool with that if we do the same.

Archived