• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realize the magnitude of DAMAGE done to the program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree it hurt or street cred. Pretty badly too, don't forget the lang debates about whether USF belonged.

Nothing we can do now but get ready for next year and hope to pick it up.

We will be favorites for the BE next year

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

if you guys dont think this did pretty major damage to our national reputation, you need to take off the green and gold glasses

Sure it hurts but our program's reputation was not ruined on this one game.  We've had lots of national exposure this year......more than ever.  USF is on the map and you have to take the good with the bad.  How USF responds in 2008 will have more bearing on the school's reputation than this one game.

• Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

Who really gives a crap about our rep right now. If anything, this may motivate the team for next season.  Both Ohio St and UF got embarrased in bowl games before, so this is not anything new to big time programs.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

So if you think this game hurt the program, you're a bandwagoner........even if you've been following said program closely since day one.

I see, I see.

Brilliant.

That's why I love this board.

• Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

How USF responds in 2008 will have more bearing on the school's reputation than this one game.

That is interesting to me.  Let's see what happens.  Imagine how bad the players feel right now...  They had better turn that into motivation and work their asses off.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

lol this is the part where all the "true fans" measure their jocks with pissing contests calling everyone who CONTRUCTRIVELY criticizes the team a "newbiee."

face the facts, u kool-aid sipping homers:

WE on this board have watched the Bulls over the course of several years and have seen them on good and bad days.

but the NATION hasn't.

and we just got embarassed in front of the entire CFB-watching country. 

perception is EVERYTHING in a subjectively quantified sport like college football, where bowls and poll rankings are determined by PERCEPTION.

NEWSFLASH to MikeG and the other homers: the pollsters don't give a rats if YOU remember the beatdowns at Arkansas or South Carolina.

they care that on a national stage--- where we were favored, against a team running its 4th string QB that just got shut out by UCLA--- we got SPANKED.

if final poll rankings dont matter, if preseason poll rankings dont matter, if the perception of the strength of the Big East as a league doesnt matter---  then NONE of our "accomplishments" (like #2 BCS) matter.

i love my team and my Alma Mater, but i'm no homer.  we got embarassed.

PS- sorry i got the score wrong.  i was too busy trying to catch a light home from El Paso, cuz this "bandwagonner" just spend a couple thousand dollars to watch his team get raped.

• Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

but the NATION hasn't.

and we just got embarassed in front of the entire CFB-watching country. 

perception is EVERYTHING in a subjectively quantified sport like college football, where bowls and poll rankings are determined by PERCEPTION.

Yep to people finally tuning in to see what this Bulls talk is all about...  They just saw a team get destroyed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

if you guys dont think this did pretty major damage to our national reputation, you need to take off the green and gold glasses

Obviouosly some need to have a dose of reality . . .

USF jumped to a #2 National Ranking and fell out shortly there after. This game did nothing to change many's thoughts of our program. Many programs have had bad days.

This game is stuck in BULLS fans and some of our conference team's fans and a state fans. But nationally, it's not a big story and will be forgotten by the time preseason votes come out. We had 3 conf. losses by a total of 15 points and a blow out loss in a bowl. We return most of our team and last season's bowl game will have little to do with national thinking.

Go BULLS !!!

VaTech has been to 9 BCS games ... lost ALL but 1. Did it hurt theur perception ?

::)

• Content Count:  5,241

It was one game and the damage is not horrible. Talk to Louisville about how their program has been damaged!

As long as we come out and play much better next year, this game will be nothing more then a bug on the windshield.

Since when did it matter what some fan from another college says about our team?

take a prozac and relax, its not like our coach left the team during the season, while our QB is jailed for dogfighting.

• Content Count:  81

So if you think this game hurt the program, you're a bandwagoner........even if you've been following said program closely since day one.

I see, I see.

Brilliant.

That's why I love this board.

Yeah, from a guy that lives in Richmond, VA....  stop calling people who voice a different opinion bandwagoners.  This is an embarrassment and I will spend the better part of the day flying back to Tampa and answering the same old question "What the heck was that? You guys suck".

Archived