• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realize the magnitude of DAMAGE done to the program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

If my venture back to Texas was any sort of indication, MOST of the nation was not even aware of how badly we got beaten. The vast majority of people who talked to me asked if we played, who we played, and if we won.

To those thinking that this game has destroyed our program, I think you are over reacting. For those thinking that it did no damage, you are kidding yourself. The reality is, in the short term it hurts our perception. But come week #2 next year, it won't matter.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Most of the nation couldnt tell you where this school is located or name more than 3 players on the team.  We still have no national reputation, image, perception or whatever you want to call it.  The announcers who were doing our game called us the bulldogs for christsakes. 

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

if you guys dont think this did pretty major damage to our national reputation, you need to take off the green and gold glasses

Obviouosly some need to have a dose of reality . . .

USF jumped to a #2 National Ranking and fell out shortly there after. This game did nothing to change many's thoughts of our program. Many programs have had bad days.

This game is stuck in BULLS fans and some of our conference team's fans and a state fans. But nationally, it's not a big story and will be forgotten by the time preseason votes come out. We had 3 conf. losses by a total of 15 points and a blow out loss in a bowl. We return most of our team and last season's bowl game will have little to do with national thinking.

Go BULLS !!!

VaTech has been to 9 BCS games ... lost ALL but 1. Did it hurt theur perception ?

::)

while all that may be true, you need a small dose of reality yourself.  its not always puppy dogs and rainbows with this team ET.  we need serious coaching help on the offensive side of the ball, and until we do i feel we will continue to lose a few games a year we shouldnt.  while its definitely important to have a positive attitude towards the program, you need to be a little more realistic.  theres no chance we win the big east next year with this offensive coaching staff...its honestly a freaking joke.

• Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

yes it was bad television and our "rep" took at hit, but ask GATOR FAN HOW THEY FEEL TODAY, losing to Michigan, whose season was ruined after a loss to app st and.......... oh yeah Oregon.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Let me be the voice of reason here.  Who got blown out in the Peach Bowl last year??  No one remembers, and no one cares.  You take care of business on the field, period.  It might have cost us from being ranked in the preseason, but thats subjective anyway.  It was an embarrassing game, probably the worst in our short history, but some act like the program will be shut down over it.  Get over the loss people. 

And to the idiot that wants Gregory gone, my tips to you are first to get a clue, and then check the Offensive numbers and Scoring numbers from this year versus years past.  Let me know if you have trouble understanding the bigger numbers from this year versus years past.  I'll try to explain it in a way that you might understand.  After doing so apologize to all Bulls fans for your lack of knowledge.

Finally, as Les Miles would say, "have a nice day". 

• Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Holy crap. You said something 'bad' about USF and you didn't get banned? Amazing.

You are EXACTLY right. Everyone up here in the Midwest is saying EXACTLY what you stated in your post. USF is a joke up here and it's hard to defend them. However, people on this board are WAY TOO USF GOGGLED to figure that out or to realize that Jim Leavitt has served his purpose and that he'll never take this program where it needs to go. He may be a good recruiter - or it may just be the fact that a monkey could recruit football talent in Florida.

He needs to go if this program is ever going to be an elite program in the country. This team wins games inspite of CJL and solely on talent...not on any type of great coaching by any means. Until he's gone...get used to going to 'minor' bowls and winning some and getting thrashed in others.

What a joke.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And to the idiot that wants Gregory gone, my tips to you are first to get a clue, and then check the Offensive numbers and Scoring numbers from this year versus years past.  Let me know if you have trouble understanding the bigger numbers from this year versus years past.  I'll try to explain it in a way that you might understand.  After doing so apologize to all Bulls fans for your lack of knowledge.

Yeah.......we run up HUGE numbers against awesome squads such as UCF and UNC, then do JACK CRAP against decent opponents (generally speaking).

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

If my venture back to Texas was any sort of indication, MOST of the nation was not even aware of how badly we got beaten. The vast majority of people who talked to me asked if we played, who we played, and if we won.

To those thinking that this game has destroyed our program, I think you are over reacting. For those thinking that it did no damage, you are kidding yourself. The reality is, in the short term it hurts our perception. But come week #2 next year, it won't matter.

usf needs to win these game sto gain recognition

bieing on wrong side of 56-21 score isnt good

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

You know I resent being called stupid for having opinions and there are those on this board that better learn this board is a means of jawing with our fellow Bulls fans rather than passing judgement on those that may disagree.  I will be green and gold no matter what and I will sit there ticked at the losses and celebrate madly at the wins. There is always next season.  I spent money I really didn't have but enjoyed every minute of that whole experience.  El Paso treated us quite well. 

But guess what>>>>>> everyone that stopped us both in El Paso Airport and Dallas actually said sorry to see your loss.  We were rooting for you.  You know what 2 years ago they probably didn't know our name.  At least now they do and will keep hearing about us in years to come with more accomplishments.  Rome wasn't built in day. 

Archived