• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

realize the magnitude of DAMAGE done to the program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

in a season where were once ranked #2-- the "cinderella story" of the season-- with people in the national media (Mark May, Mandel, etc.) beginning to open their eyes and consider us one of the big boys, the severity of this loss sets us back even further than where we were 2 years ago as just the upstart program that could jump up and give bigger programs a scare.

everything that we "gained" this season in rankings and national credibility has been lost with the Sun Bowl thrashing.

to the rest of the country we were EXPOSED as the biggest phonies and pretenders in a season filled with #1's and #2's that fell...  not only that, it is a downright humiliation to the Big East as a league.  we are a laughing stock.

here's what some people on forums across the country are saying about the Bulls...

"wow USF. you guys f***n suck!!!"

"Yeah...I remember some people spouting off about how the Big East was one of the better conferences, better than the Big 10 and Big 12 blah blah blah.... Can we please put that to rest and realize that it sucks as much now as it did 3 seasons ago"

"Oregon would win the Big East, easily.  Even with all those injuries."

"Big East looks a tad bit off, with UC struggling with Southern Miss, UConn losing to the ACC's 4th or 5th best team, and USF getting slobber knocked by a Dixon-less Oregon team."

"i've seen USF play and i thought they were a solid team and they came out tonight and stunk up the joint."

not to mention Stewart set a Sun Bowl record (and career high) with 253 yards.

55 points was the highest ever scored in the Sun Bowl.

a humiliation on national TV to Rutgers by 3 points is one thing, but we got taken to the woodshed and beat within an inch of our lives, and this game is the last game people are going to remember USF by for the next 9 months.

final season rankings and 2008 preseason rankings are out the window, and most (if not all) of the national attention we gained this year has been squandered.

back to square 1... except now we dont just have to prove we belong with the big boys, but that we're not FLUKES.

winning or losing wasnt the issue.  we could all live with a close loss.  but getting anally penetrated with no vaseline the way we did is inexcusable.

coaching changes HAVE TO be made in the offseason.  i suggest starting with Gregory.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

We need big linemen on offense and defense.  They were stronger on the line of scrimmage.  This is where I hope the program will focus on more.  If not, we can have the best talent not do a single thing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

overreaction.

Sure we got embarrassed. Name me one football program that hasn't?

We still will start next season 20-35. Beat Kansas and we are ranked again.

This season has been great for Bulls Football. Time for me to shower and make my 6am flight :-(

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

what a clown

you call yourself a fan?

you can't even get the score right--- they scored 56 points.

go ahead and jump off the bandwagon turd

who needs idiots who can't understand that games get out of hand occasionally. Did you miss the part where we didn't have Walter Walker starting or even playing? Or the other part where we lost 8 starters to injury during the game. I won't argue that we didn't play well and sure-- maybe we did get outcoached in the second half--- hey -- **** happens.  But to just toss everything under the dang bus because Joe BillyBob Ass-sniffer on I-give-two-sheets-.com wants to pile on a bad loss as an obvious indicator that the Big East sucks (i.e.-- he bet on us or had us winning in some bowl pool-- gee sorry BillyBob) is ******* ridiculous.

This was a great season overall -- most of us had some really amazing times and it was much more relevant to other ones. Perhaps you are the person who got overly excited by our start and boo hoo--we got worked in our bowl game. TOugh ****. I've seen our team worked plenty of times over the course of 11 years. This happens to everybody at some point-- and you can take it for what it is worth, shake the dust off and realize that we still advanced the program OR you can act like a complete ******* and throw the program under the bus.

Whatever you do-- who really gives a rats ass anyway?

stop being a cry bABY AND ATTACKING  knowledgeable fans

how come usf is always on the wrong end of these beatdowns

We need big linemen on offense and defense.  They were stronger on the line of scrimmage.  This is where I hope the program will focus on more.  If not, we can have the best talent not do a single thing.

i have been saying that or years

this game iswon in drenches

overreaction.

Sure we got embarrassed. Name me one football program that hasn't?

We still will start next season 20-35. Beat Kansas and we are ranked again.

This season has been great for Bulls Football. Time for me to shower and make my 6am flight :-(

you have a great perspective

i will be going to rose bowl tonight

i hope everyone has a safe tip home

• Content Count:  3,827

I sent my buddy a txt before the game telling him how we had 5 times as many fans as Oregon at the game.....

Afterwards, he(Gator fan, mind you) sent me a reply text....

"Too bad the crowd didnt matter....way to embarass the state."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

Damage to the program ?

A single bowl loss after a 9 win season.

Some are being unrealistic ... we had a good season.

Granted, we had some disappointing loses and the bowl was the worse. I think the worse loss in our history.

But it's quickly history and I am excited about the 2008 season.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,457

Damage?  The only Damage here is in your brain!  Jump off the band wagon you newbeeies.  True fan from Sunny Florida for all 11 years!

• Content Count:  3,078

if you guys dont think this did pretty major damage to our national reputation, you need to take off the green and gold glasses

Archived