• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith is coming back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

If it is so easy, then why aren't there 2400 yard rushers every year?

If 2000 yards is such a difficult thing, why are there 2 in the same conference?

Again, if it is so easy, how many 2000+ yard rushers have there been since 2000?  2 in the same conference(same year) is unique and I will never say cusa was a tough defensive conference, but you have to admit to get over 2000 yards, a player has to be pretty decent.  Remember, Smith got close to 400 yards combined against NC State and Texas. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If 2000 yards is such a difficult thing, why are there 2 in the same conference?

Again, if it is so easy, how many 2000+ yard rushers have there been since 2000?  2 in the same conference(same year) is unique and I will never say cusa was a tough defensive conference, but you have to admit to get over 2000 yards, a player has to be pretty decent.  Remember, Smith got close to 400 yards combined against NC State and Texas. 

I agree it is not easy.  Question, in your opinion is Fotre from Tulane as good a back as KS?  His per carry average is nearly the same against similar competition.

• Content Count:  403

It really seems to me that the draft will be loaded with a lot of running backs (if some of the juniors come out)… Smith would probably be about the 5th or 6th running back chosen.

Just off the top of my head:

Darren McFadden (arkansas)

Ray Rice (rutgers)

Mike Hart (michigan)

Steve Slaton (WV)

James Davis (clemson)

CJ Spiller (clemson)

What backs would you really put ahead of Smith?  (You can add more to my list)

A lot of my list has juniors on it... so, for Smith, it's really a game of what senior RBs out there will get drafted and which juniors stay for their final year... He needs to come out when there aren't as many good backs coming out.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Was there really two 2000 yarders in CUSA?  Who was the other and how many carries did he have?

Rank        Player                       G Car   Net TD    Avg  Ydspgm

1. Kevin Smith, UCF                    13 415  2448 29   5.90  188.31

2. Matt Forte, Tulane                  12 361  2127 23   5.89  177.25

http://statistics.ncaafootball.com/default.asp?c=ncaa-football&page=cfoot/stat/ncaa-rushing.htm

Wow.  Very similar to K Smith.  I've never even heard of Matt Forte.  I guess people outside of Central FL probably haven't heard of K Smith either.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

It really seems to me that the draft will be loaded with a lot of running backs (if some of the juniors come out)… Smith would probably be about the 5th or 6th running back chosen.

Just off the top of my head:

Darren McFadden (arkansas)

Ray Rice (rutgers)

Mike Hart (michigan)

Steve Slaton (WV)

James Davis (clemson)

CJ Spiller (clemson)

Matt Forte (tulane)

What backs would you really put ahead of Smith?  (You can add more to my list)

A lot of my list has juniors on it... so, for Smith, it's really a game of what senior RBs out there will get drafted and which juniors stay for their final year... He needs to come out when there aren't as many good backs coming out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Wow.  Very similar to K Smith.  I've never even heard of Matt Forte.  I guess people outside of Central FL probably haven't heard of K Smith either.

Actually they have because UCF used him so much and with the extra games means he's close to breaking Barry Sanders record ..... Smith couldn't carry Sanders' jock.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Actually they have because UCF used him so much and with the extra games means he's close to breaking Barry Sanders record ..... Smith couldn't carry Sanders' jock.

Sanders AVERAGED over 220 a game. That is sick!

• Content Count:  442

I don't believe anyone is debating Sanders vs Smith regarding skill level.  Sanders was and is (along with Peyton in my opionon) the greatest two running backs ever.  The arguement you have is with the NCAA and their calculating of the rushing records.  UCF didn't make the rules.  Take your beef up with them.

This has the sounding of the hardship waivers that USF is so good at circumventing.  ;)

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This has the sounding of the hardship waivers that USF is so good at circumventing.   ;)

Yes, We do have skills!

Archived