• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith is coming back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He has developed a special (almost father like) relationship with O'leary whom he places a great deal of trust and advice on. 

That was his first mistake right there!  He would go no lower than the third round.  Go get your money kid.

Which is exactly why we need the smack board back.  Hard to have an intelligent conversation with some of you.

What exactly are you trying to say? I am saying O'leary is only looking oout for himself.  He knows with KS he could most likely win CUSA again.  Then he could strong arm UCF into giving him more money.  Meanwhile, Smith and his draft stock would be the same if not worst.  Ask Mike Hart if coming back was good for him.  Matt Leinart?  The list is long.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

If he makes it through the 2008 season healthy then it will be a good move.  That said,  he will carry the ball another 450 times and the chances of staying healthy with back to back 450 carry season seems rather risky to me.

• Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I think UCF will improve next year if Smith stays but our offense will also have improved.

• Content Count:  3,078

is he slow in the 40 or something? otherwise, it was a terrible decision to come back.  If he can go out put a solid number in the 40 and look respectable in the other drills, he would have been gone on the first day easily. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

is he slow in the 40 or something? otherwise, it was a terrible decision to come back.  If he can go out put a solid number in the 40 and look respectable in the other drills, he would have been gone on the first day easily. 

Most UCFer's claim hes in the 4.4 range but all the games i have seen him he doesn't look that fast maybe high 4.5's or so.  IMO this is a bad decision because the first sign that the "improved UCF passing offense" starts to sputter O'leary will go right back to running smith into the ground with 30-35+ carries per game.  I hope the kid stays healthy for his sake but i think hes making a mistake.   

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why wouldn't he come back.  Here are some of the 'tough' CDOA Defenses he'll face........

Rice #118 out of 119

UTEP #117 out of 119

SMU #116 out of 119

UAB #114 out of 119

Tulsa #111 out of 119

Marshall #108 out of 119

Memphis #100 out of 119

ECU #98 out of 119

Tulane #89 out of 119

Is it any wonder why the nation's leading offense (Tulsa) came from this terrible conference, as well as the leading rusher?  They are like High School defenses. 

• Content Count:  4,642

smith gets his numbers from running against garbage teams - ALL YEAR!!!!

then he sees a quality team (USF) and then gets shut down.  big surprise!

• Content Count:  4,642

then again if UCiF didnt blow my noots, then he wouldn't HAVE TO carry the ball 50 times a game

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

like i said about fau QB,

he would probably be a backup on a bcs team

what a mistake he is making, but then again i love he is coming back because i know it doesnt

matter, we will still beat ucf again in another blowout next season

he is probably coming back so he can get something he doesnt have right now, a win against usf, hilarious

• Content Count:  2,239

It's not all about you.  Perhaps he actually wants to graduate.  His mom has been pushing that.

Archived