• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith is coming back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It's not all about you.  Perhaps he actually wants to graduate.  His mom has been pushing that.

BS you can get anytime.  Cash Money (millions of it) does not come around everyday.  I hope Mommy invests in a million dollar insurance policy just in case O'liar runs him into the ground or USF ends his career.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I really hope that Kevin doesn't get injured.  He won't have a snowball's chance in heck in the NFL if he isn't 100% all of next season.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

like i said about fau QB,

he would probably be a backup on a bcs team

what a mistake he is making, but then again i love he is coming back because i know it doesnt

matter, we will still beat ucf again in another blowout next season

he is probably coming back so he can get something he doesnt have right now, a win against usf, hilarious

I think KS and Rusty Smith would be starters on BCS teams.  Maybe not as freshmen, but they are both kids who bring something to the table that not everyone has.  I like Rusty, and was impressed by his performance against us.  He does not have Grothe's moxie, but he's pretty good.

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

like i said about fau QB,

he would probably be a backup on a bcs team

what a mistake he is making, but then again i love he is coming back because i know it doesnt

matter, we will still beat ucf again in another blowout next season

he is probably coming back so he can get something he doesnt have right now, a win against usf, hilarious

I think KS and Rusty Smith would be starters on BCS teams.  Maybe not as freshmen, but they are both kids who bring something to the table that not everyone has.  I like Rusty, and was impressed by his performance against us.  He does not have Grothe's moxie, but he's pretty good.

I agree.  Rusty Smith is a solid QB and a good kid.  A lot of schools would love to have him...and his size, athletic ability and work ethic may help him make it to the next level.

There's a lot more that goes into it than money.  He obviously didn't think he was ready or good enough for the NFL, yet.  He doesn't want to just go to the NFL to cash a check...he wants to also succeed.  Sure money is a big deal...but he looks at the business side of it and thinks he can do better by getting better all around.  He really only broke out this season...he's also only 1800 yards away from the NCAA all-time leading rusher record held by Ron Dane.  That's a pretty big deal to hold a record like that and he'll a lot more to take with him.

He'll also have a degree and that means a lot to him, too...and his family.  If he had left...I'd root him on wherever he went and respect his decision.  I also respect the fact he's following his gut and it's telling him to stay one more year and he wants to get better.

• Content Count:  2,239

OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!  A good football player would rather have a degree than go early to the NFL.

I wish there were more kids who think like that.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!  A good football player would rather have a degree than go early to the NFL.

hehe...BBQ.

• Content Count:  1,812

Because noone but USF can improve.

At least when discussing UCif and USF you are correct

USF

04  4-7

05  6-6

06  9-4

07  9-3

UCif

04  0-11

05  8-5

06  4-8

07  10-3

Come on back when you can string together 2 years in a row

• Content Count:  1,812

He could do both; many guys have finished their degree after going to the NFL. Culpepper of the Bucs got a law degree.

A second round contract in the NFL will earn him more money than he would ever get from doing whatever he gets a degree in. The reason most people go to college is to increase their wage and standard of income. I hope it is not to learn about the other crap they force you to take; most of that could be learned from watching the Discovery channel. (speaking of elective courses)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The funny thing to me is... he used O'LEARY as his deciding factor.

You know, the NFL has these whole committees where you can submit your name and they'll evaluate your potential draft position.  Relying on O'Leary "working his NFL contacts" and coming back with a "low 2nd round to 4th round" result for that decision seems pretty suspect to me. 

I'm just saying... KS isn't going to get the most non-biased evaluation of his potential from a guy who's program stands to take a step backwards if he leaves.  Nobody else has a problem with this?

Archived