• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith is coming back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously - get the eff out. He is the only thing holding this ship somewhat together... If their coach could find a better job he'd be out in a heartbeat.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

UCF had the 73rd ranked SOS this year.  With that competition, if I left my cane on the bench, they would be comparing ME to Barry Sanders!

He actually did look good in many games, but what he was playing against would make many look good.  Everyone who knows football knows that which is why he was never in the race for a Hiesman.  I think he knows it too.  He knows he will never do well against NFL calibre competition.  He is the big fish in a very small pond.  Hence, his decision to stay at UCF where he can be a hero.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

He knows he will never do well against NFL calibre competition.

FWIW, ESPN's Robert Smith said that he thought Smith would be as good a running back in the NFL as McFadden...

• Content Count:  65

Yeah, we suck.  UCF is worse than Buffalo.  It's awful, why would anyone ever want to coach there.  We pay our coaches in monopoly money and we practice in a lawn mower shed.  Our stadium is going to collapse any day and John Hitt is conspiring to kill everyone with heat exhaustion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Yeah, we suck.  UCF is worse than Buffalo.  It's awful, why would anyone ever want to coach there.  We pay our coaches in monopoly money and we practice in a lawn mower shed.  Our stadium is going to collapse any day and John Hitt is conspiring to kill everyone with heat exhaustion.

I think it's illegal to pay coaches in Monopoly money ..... everything else is pretty much dead on.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol whoa

• Content Count:  2,461

I think they are beginning to implode on themselves (did O'Liar's comment about staying 1 or 2 more years do it???).

At least the monopoly money is good at the amusement parks.

• Content Count:  2,239

GOL is still liable for the contract buyout.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

No, you don't suck.  Any team that wins its conference doesn't suck, and any USF fans who say UCF sucks because it isn't a BCS power are idiots. 

This thread is about Kevin Smith, who doesn't suck either and would be a go-to running back on ANY team.  My point is just that his record wouldn't be what it is if he played in a BCS auto-bid conference, and I think he's taking a risk by being run hard again next season.  None of which means UCF sucks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

He knows he will never do well against NFL calibre competition.

FWIW, ESPN's Robert Smith said that he thought Smith would be as good a running back in the NFL as McFadden...

Well, Trip, that's Robert Smith's opinion.  He is in the business, so maybe his opinion is better informed than mine.  However, I am not sure how he can arrive at that opinion when the only time he has seen Smith go up against any kind of defense, he doesn't quite measure up to McFadden.  And that is not figuring in the advanced level of competition when going up to the NFL.  I think with the number of sportscasters there are and it not being an exact science, we can probably find a sportscaster to say anything about anyone if we look hard enough.

I don't think UCF sucks.  I would have to see them play against a schedule a little higher than 73rd.  At that level, I doubt anyone can say anthing with any credibility.  And after our bowl game, I wouldn't say anyone sucks right now.

Archived