• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could USF Still go to the Gator Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Thats the catch for them and they can expect ND to fix themselves up and be Bowl eligible in next couple of years and that would give them the outs for a BE team.

I really hope that they get burned this year or whatever year they choose the Big12 because it will force them to reconsider the current deal. I think the BE rep belongs in Florida bowl and not in West texas.

But hey they thought they could get more traveling fans from the Big12 schools so if they choose Texas Tech I hope they travel light to this game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,344
  • Days Won:  10

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

CBS projects us in the Pizza Bowl against Southern Miss.  While I would MUCH rather the Gator (and a BCS opponent), having the chance to humiliate Southern Miss on national television is very inviting.

That is the only team that I truly dislike.  Goes back to the pre-CUSA days.  I would love another shot at them.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Doug

Actually the Sun Bowl is a smaller stadium than the gator Bowl and they have very good local support so bringing large numbers of fans is not as important to them. The Pac10 team will bring most of their fans.

The Sun Bowl will require USF or any other BE team to sell less tickets than Meineke and Gator that depend more on fans from playing schools.

So our chances are higher in Sun Bowl if we win out and are ranked higher than UC and UConn

Cuban,

I'm living in TX now.  Nobody gives a rats azz about the BE.  Matter a fact its considered on the same level as MWC on the sports talk radio in Austin.  Here in Austin the radio guys actually called Brohm over hyped and they would never draft him b/c he plays in an inferior con before the Cards losing streak.  P10 vs B12 in El Paso TX and ACC vs BE especially FSU vs USF in Jax, FL just makes sense.  Heck I want the Sun but I just don't see it happening.  I really see our Bulls in Toronto or Birmingham which is not right these Bulls having to play a MAC or CUSA team in a Bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

The Gator Bowl will take whomever they feel is best for them this year without consideration for the contract and possible future matchups.  They can always get with the Sun and the conferences to amend the contract before next season if need be.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Gator Bowl would be AWESOME, but I'd settle for the MCCB at this time.

Charlotte > Birmingham

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

...Heck I want the Sun but I just don't see it happening.  I really see our Bulls in Toronto or Birmingham which is not right these Bulls having to play a MAC or CUSA team in a Bowl.

Now, now..Doug! I think there's a huge pent up demand by the Bulls to drop 1,500 they're-declining-in-value-so-spend-em-now dollars and wing it out to beautiful El Paso for a bowl game. Few things are as inspiring as watching the sun rise over scenic Fort Bliss and White Sands Missile Range, or a lively evening getting to know the local folk in rustic Juarez (hey, that thing better not be loaded?). Who would pass up an opportunity like this?

Seriously, though, I would head out to El Paso before I'd hang out with Bob & Doug McKenzie. If we're going to play an ACC team, we can bang that out up in Charlotte.

Then again, that's just me

Mckenzies2.jpg

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i would be extatic for the gator bowl

• Content Count:  4,738

I vote Gator Bowl. 

I doubt anyone will tally it.

But I vote nonetheless.

• Content Count:  1,037

Only thing about the gator bowl is, Dont they look at hotel stays and spending money in that town?  Well with it only being 4 hrs away there would be alot of one day trippers. Dont get me wrong I am all for it but just wanted to see what yall thought about that?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Only thing about the gator bowl is, Dont they look at hotel stays and spending money in that town?  Well with it only being 4 hrs away there would be alot of one day trippers. Dont get me wrong I am all for it but just wanted to see what yall thought about that?

Well...you'd have to know, going in, that any team within driving distance isn't going to go the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn route (for the most part, I'm sure some minority contingent would overnite).  Gotta remember, it's Jacksonville. The draw is the game, and once that's done, not a lot of touristy stuff, for those of us who live here, to latch onto.

Archived