• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could USF Still go to the Gator Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Only thing about the gator bowl is, Dont they look at hotel stays and spending money in that town?  Well with it only being 4 hrs away there would be alot of one day trippers. Dont get me wrong I am all for it but just wanted to see what yall thought about that?

The economic impact of our fans is definitely a part of the equation... And that is a major reason why I think we'll be in the Charlotte for a bowl.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

If WVU wins out and we win out, I think we end up in El paso.  We will be the second highest ranked Big East team, and the Sun Bowl may not expect any Big East team to travel that well there.  I would prefer Charlotte as the airfare to El Paso is 500 per person.

Rutgers sold out their Texas Bowl allotment... so the Sun Bowl might easily take RU over USF.

They can't take a 7-5 RU over a 9-3 USF.  RU plays at UL, possible loss.  Pitt will also play them tough, fighting for their bowl lives.

I think the 1 game rule is only for conference games not overall.  Meaning if USf is 4-3 in conference then a 3-4 Rutgers could jump them.

I thought it was overall record

Brett has written once or twice that it pertains to conference games not overall record... but I don't know 100% for sure.

Gents - there is no 1-loss rule at all - conference play or overall record.  Go to the BE website.  The ACC has a 1-loss rule due to a 9-3 BC being overlooked 4 times by ACC tie-ins and ending up in the Boise Bowl in 2005.

Gents - there is no 1-loss rule at all - conference play or overall record.  Go to the BE website.  The ACC has a 1-loss rule due to a 9-3 BC being overlooked 4 times by ACC tie-ins and ending up in the Boise Bowl in 2005.

Sorry, I tend to believe a reporter who has covered USF for a few years:

As far as the bowl pecking order, the Big East bowls can select any league team within one conference win, meaning a bowl can select a 3-4 Big East team over a 4-3 team. Also, all teams with at least seven wins overall must be selected before a 6-6 team.

Source

Archived