• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Matt... Read This!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Today in the St Pete Times I read where you go on the internet to see what people are saying about you. Do yourself a favor and stop doing that! These boards are for people that are not talented enough to play the game, nor smart enough to coach the game. It is merely entertainment to keep us amused while we wait to see you guys play. What we say means nothing!

Now that you have read this close your computer & get back to class... You heard ME!!!

Uhm, based on the last 3 games I'm pretty certain I'm at least as talented as Grothe - I'm pretty sure I could scramble for losses and throw interceptions.

But could you have won all those games they they won in the last two years?  Grothe was a MAJOR factor in those wins. 

I like how he has a bad game and suddenly people start saying crazy stuff.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

most of us aren't trashing Grothe.  we as fans and observers simply see room for improvement amongst some of our players (not just MG) and discuss it... that's what fans do.

there's nothing wrong with Matt reading that stuff, as long as he knows it's just fans being fans, doesn't take it personally, and doesn't allow it to permeate into his game (we wouldn't want him on the field on 3rd and long with 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter thinking "****, Mooby says he's better than me!" lmao). 

succesful people (not just football players), take constructive criticism and use it to motivate them.  if MG can sift thru all the BS and hating, maybe some of the fan feedback can expand his game... it's possible he'll say "hey, maybe i can work on throwing the ball away instead of taking a 10 yard sack"... or go to coach Gregory and say "let's work on some new plays, cuz this QB draw isn't working like it should"...

fact is, those of us that take the time to seriously analyze what's going on with this team are not haters... we genuinely respect Grothe and love our team, and even tho we might not always be upbeat and positive about it (what fan is positive after a loss... nevermind three?), most of us wouldn't trade our players for anybody else.  and that is ESPECIALLY true for Matt.

look... 4 INT's and a fumble are terrible. MG doesn't need to read a message board to figure that out.  but his 382 passing yards and 457 total yards against Cinci are incredible.  that is a one-man offense.  when he can do that without turning the ball over 5 times, we will be blowing teams out instead of losing by 5 points.  the guy is just a sophomore...  ball protection is something that comes with experience.

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

Today in the St Pete Times I read where you go on the internet to see what people are saying about you. Do yourself a favor and stop doing that! These boards are for people that are not talented enough to play the game, nor smart enough to coach the game. It is merely entertainment to keep us amused while we wait to see you guys play. What we say means nothing!

Now that you have read this close your computer & get back to class... You heard ME!!!

Uhm, based on the last 3 games I'm pretty certain I'm at least as talented as Grothe - I'm pretty sure I could scramble for losses and throw interceptions.

RIIIIIGHT

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

...and throw for almost 400 yards and run for 75???

• Content Count:  32

It's fine if he reads the message boards. It's natural curiosity.

Reading between the lines of what he said, and watching his interviews, there is a missing gap in our game prep. That missing prep is dealing with the fear of losing.

Everything important you do in life creates fear, it must have gotten bigger every week. It's normal, but it must be addressed.

Did anyone of the coaches take MG aside and say, "I know this is alot of stress, but you're the leader, go out there and practice this week like

we've been nuber 2 for the last ten years" "you're the leader, it's your job to look calm and everything's fine at all times".

Fear is just a reminder that we are doing something great. Focus shouldn't just mean thinking about the next opponent, it's about putting all other distractions out of your mind and getting it done.

Actually, I don't know if anyone in this organization has been in a circumstance like this before, so maybe this was a new learning experience for all of them. Which is fine, so long as they learn.

Sorry, this is a bit ranty, but I was thinking about this watching the team these last few weeks.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Excellent point FullofBull..and I think many in the press were thinking the same thing as we rose to #2...we had no idea what that was like, you know it had an effect on everyone...even our fans didn't know how to handle it.  Imagine being a player on the team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

Excellent point FullofBull..and I think many in the press were thinking the same thing as we rose to #2...we had no idea what that was like, you know it had an effect on everyone...even our fans didn't know how to handle it.  Imagine being a player on the team.

agreed-- and I never really felt comfortable with the ranking. Sure-- on paper it seemed feasible. But I never really felt like we deserved to be at #6 or #5 and especially not #2. We were on a nice roll and the media hyped us up -- possibly so they could simply knock us right back down again. Or to sell their media-- who knows.

Bottom line to me has always been-- let's win the Big East and see where that gets us. The rankings are nice from a respect level. But as we've seen-- there can be a certain bounceback to that.

• Content Count:  5,241

I cant make crazy plays like that TD throw he made against WVU, or that wild TD run against FAU.

Grothe>me

and for that matter, Tebow> me but I wouldn't accept neck kisses from my defensive captain

• Content Count:  4,738

Mr. Mooby, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Mr. Mooby, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison.

Nice.

Archived