• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Matt... Read This!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

The fans attacking college athletes is a huge pet peave of mine and is why I just don't do it.

But, what gets me is the parents of the other kids on the team.  My seats are around a ton of parents and families. And Saturday some pretty mean things were being said about Matt by family members of other players.  Basically, they think he is trying to be a one man show and that he stares down his receivers which is causing his INT's.  The 2nd part of that I think has some merit to it.  Most young QB's aren't comfortable enough to look off safeties and things like seasoned pros do.  But, the wanting to be a star part struck me as insane. First of all the coaches call the plays which is why he runs the ball so much.  Not because he is a selfish player.  From what I have seen, Matt is as humble as you can be and is a team first guy.  That is why that part pissed me off so much.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

What athletes see on message boards should never be taken to heart... if they really get upset about a message board, if matt or any other player is hurt by this stuff then we know they wouldnt make it in professional sports... they would be busy sulking about criticism. The athletes need to keep focused and play their game. Matt is to good for this stuff to bother him.

• Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

Believe me it does not "bother" him at all. It is great entertainment to see you too go at it  LOL!! he did not say it bothers him just he reads it thats all. I think very soon you will see the MG you all know and love...but I am sure will still not like something about the Bulls.  GO BULLS!!!

Flip,

Cheer loud at the dome and when it gets silent from another spectacular Matt play, scream Mooby sucks.  Hell players on Sunday aren't perfect, but Matt has something everybody would love...Leadership and a knack to make the big play.  We forget WV x 2, NC, Auburn, and others when he made the play he needed to when it was needed.  Cincy is the only game where Matt's mistakes were the main factor, but if the punt isn't blocked and 3 other guys don't fumble, the INTs may not have made the difference.  He threw a TD that was dropped and another that the receiver was at least heavily covered if not interfered with.  He doesn't cry (Tebow) or get injured when the hits are too hard(White). 

If you don't like CJL, Grothe, Delbert or any other Bull players, politely excuse yourself, get off the USF Bandwagon and shut the fun up.  If you are a Green Jacket member, get an audience with CJL or the AD and tell them your brilliant ideas.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I still cant see why USF fans are blaming Grothe for this losing streak.

Some have very short memories and lack of seeing the whole picture.

• Content Count:  41

Believe me it does not "bother" him at all. It is great entertainment to see you too go at it  LOL!! he did not say it bothers him just he reads it thats all. I think very soon you will see the MG you all know and love...but I am sure will still not like something about the Bulls.  GO BULLS!!!

Flip,

Cheer loud at the dome and when it gets silent from another spectacular Matt play, scream Mooby sucks.  Hell players on Sunday aren't perfect, but Matt has something everybody would love...Leadership and a knack to make the big play.  We forget WV x 2, NC, Auburn, and others when he made the play he needed to when it was needed.  Cincy is the only game where Matt's mistakes were the main factor, but if the punt isn't blocked and 3 other guys don't fumble, the INTs may not have made the difference.  He threw a TD that was dropped and another that the receiver was at least heavily covered if not interfered with.  He doesn't cry (Tebow) or get injured when the hits are too hard(White). 

If you don't like CJL, Grothe, Delbert or any other Bull players, politely excuse yourself, get off the USF Bandwagon and shut the fun up.  If you are a Green Jacket member, get an audience with CJL or the AD and tell them your brilliant ideas.

I'm pretty sure the amazing Grothe threw 3 picks and 1 TD against WV (that's what I remember at least).  I don't think that counts as making the plays when we need them.  I think that's losing the game - except that the defense saved it for him and they won the game.  Again, it's just my $.02 but I have never thought Grothe was anything better than average.  He's never had any kind of passing ability which is 1/2 of what a qb needs to be able to do.  Maybe next year he'll mature a little and get better.  But this year and last year have been unimpressive (Grothe wise).

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe isn't really the one that should be reading these forums.

it's Greg f'n Gregory that needs to pull his head out of his colon and add a couple new pages to his playbook.... and by that i dont mean naked bootlegs on the 3 yard line, either.

• Content Count:  4,738

What is all this talk about Grothe?

Mooby is so much better.  Just ask him.    I'm sure he's making the trip and will probably be inserted at QB after the first hiccup on Grothe's part.

• Content Count:  282

Today in the St Pete Times I read where you go on the internet to see what people are saying about you. Do yourself a favor and stop doing that! These boards are for people that are not talented enough to play the game, nor smart enough to coach the game. It is merely entertainment to keep us amused while we wait to see you guys play. What we say means nothing!

Now that you have read this close your computer & get back to class... You heard ME!!!

Uhm, based on the last 3 games I'm pretty certain I'm at least as talented as Grothe - I'm pretty sure I could scramble for losses and throw interceptions.

Umm...based upon your last post I am pretty sure you're a moron.

See how unfair that is?  ::)

• Content Count:  41

What is all this talk about Grothe?

Mooby is so much better.  Just ask him.    I'm sure he's making the trip and will probably be inserted at QB after the first hiccup on Grothe's part.

I am a lot worse than Grothe!!!!  And that is why you don't see me trying to play college football!!!!  I'm good at other things though, maybe Grothe is good at other things too.  Maybe he would be better at doing those things instead of trying to act like a capable qb.  Same with Delbert.  He seems to think he is a good rapper.  Maybe he should concentrate on rapping instead of trying to kick field goals.  Maybe if he put as much time and energy into learning to kick a field goal as he puts into rapping we might have won a few more games.

Truly though, Grothe (and others) think he is hot snot on a silver platter :)  I don't think he has preformed above average yet.  He doesn't seem to look through progressions at all.  He throws int's all the time but doesn't seem to get any better - never learns from his mistakes.  MOOBY'S new rule - no one on a team can act like they're hot snot when the team is losing!  Shave the 'hawk, get better, stop throwing int's, learn to throw the ball away, learn to kick a field goal.  Of course I could not do it better - and that is why I didn't try out for the team!

• Content Count:  1,165

It's funny how Matt gets mad and questions fan loyalty because they say he and the team needs to play better, and then he goes on to say that he and the team need to play better.

Archived