• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Matt... Read This!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I was a Matt fan ever since I saw him play in that spring game 2 seasons ago.  But as you know 1 person does not a team make and there are plenty of areas for improvement. 

Heck I even watched the whole 06/07 season from a wheelchair and made my surgeon promise me I would be at that 1st game. I had both knees replaced at once.  I know what it is like to battle and finish strong.  I tell you what I was out of that hospital in 3 days and working at my therapy.  My one goal was to make the 1st game 3 wks away.  I know what it is like to battle and Finish Srong. I love my team and I can get plenty frustrated with my team but I am not down there to hear the calls and I don't know what those guys are going through but Matt & the team know they have my loyalty no matter what.  Enough is enough the horse is dead lets move on.  Don't look back!!! All the should haves, could haves, and would haves will not bring those games back.  The last thing those guys need to read is people making snap judgments without all the facts.

I am looking forward to the Syracuse game and I certainly hope this thread is put to bed.  GO BULLS!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

I was a Matt fan ever since I saw him play in that spring game 2 seasons ago.  But as you know 1 person does not a team make and there are plenty of areas for improvement. 

Heck I even watched the whole 06/07 season from a wheelchair and made my surgeon promise me I would be at that 1st game. I had both knees replaced at once.  I know what it is like to battle and finish strong.  I tell you what I was out of that hospital in 3 days and working at my therapy.  My one goal was to make the 1st game 3 wks away.  I know what it is like to battle and Finish Srong. I love my team and I can get plenty frustrated with my team but I am not down there to hear the calls and I don't know what those guys are going through but Matt & the team know they have my loyalty no matter what.   Enough is enough the horse is dead lets move on.  Don't look back!!! All the should haves, could haves, and would haves will not bring those games back.  The last thing those guys need to read is people making snap judgments without all the facts.

I am looking forward to the Syracuse game and I certainly hope this thread is put to bed.  GO BULLS!

But did you leave the cincy game early?  ::)

• Content Count:  282

Today in the St Pete Times I read where you go on the internet to see what people are saying about you. Do yourself a favor and stop doing that! These boards are for people that are not talented enough to play the game, nor smart enough to coach the game. It is merely entertainment to keep us amused while we wait to see you guys play. What we say means nothing!

Now that you have read this close your computer & get back to class... You heard ME!!!

Uhm, based on the last 3 games I'm pretty certain I'm at least as talented as Grothe - I'm pretty sure I could scramble for losses and throw interceptions.

really!

what about 457yds of offense?

you sir are a douchbag!

And here I was think it was points that matter and not yards.  I suppose you all are welcome to call me names but I think it makes our university look kind of bad.  I don't think Grothe is amazing or great or stupendous- I think he is ok.  If people want to be mad at me because that is what I think I can accept that.  But name calling and getting all riled up because we don't agree.  Come on, we're Bulls and we're better than that.

I have said it before, I certainly could do NO BETTER THAN GROTHE, or anyone else on the team.  I have 0 sports talent - and that is why I did not try out for the team.  But if you're on the team, specifically if you're the qb or the kicker I think you have a duty to improve.  I (me personally) see 0 improvement in Grothe this year over last and last year I didn't think he was great.  What I do see is Grothe acting like he's something special (the Growhawk, the spots on ESPN before the WV game, etc) and Delbert acting the same (the rap song).  I think they have an obligation to cut that crap out and spend that time practicing so they get better.  Us Bulls football fans can't act like we are hot **** because as of today there are 27(?) teams better than us.  Today we are nothing special (at football).

What Matt and Delbert do with their hair and media coverage is "dumb" kid stuff that I would expect from young college kids.......sort of the same thing as a young dumb-ass getting on a team board and claiming that he could play as well as Grothe or that Grothe was "not that great" last year (did you ever see Julmiste play???).  Please learn to wipe your nose before posting, thank you.

• Content Count:  41

Today in the St Pete Times I read where you go on the internet to see what people are saying about you. Do yourself a favor and stop doing that! These boards are for people that are not talented enough to play the game, nor smart enough to coach the game. It is merely entertainment to keep us amused while we wait to see you guys play. What we say means nothing!

Now that you have read this close your computer & get back to class... You heard ME!!!

Uhm, based on the last 3 games I'm pretty certain I'm at least as talented as Grothe - I'm pretty sure I could scramble for losses and throw interceptions.

really!

what about 457yds of offense?

you sir are a douchbag!

And here I was think it was points that matter and not yards.  I suppose you all are welcome to call me names but I think it makes our university look kind of bad.  I don't think Grothe is amazing or great or stupendous- I think he is ok.  If people want to be mad at me because that is what I think I can accept that.  But name calling and getting all riled up because we don't agree.  Come on, we're Bulls and we're better than that.

I have said it before, I certainly could do NO BETTER THAN GROTHE, or anyone else on the team.  I have 0 sports talent - and that is why I did not try out for the team.  But if you're on the team, specifically if you're the qb or the kicker I think you have a duty to improve.  I (me personally) see 0 improvement in Grothe this year over last and last year I didn't think he was great.  What I do see is Grothe acting like he's something special (the Growhawk, the spots on ESPN before the WV game, etc) and Delbert acting the same (the rap song).  I think they have an obligation to cut that crap out and spend that time practicing so they get better.  Us Bulls football fans can't act like we are hot **** because as of today there are 27(?) teams better than us.  Today we are nothing special (at football).

What Matt and Delbert do with their hair and media coverage is "dumb" kid stuff that I would expect from young college kids.......sort of the same thing as a young dumb-ass getting on a team board and claiming that he could play as well as Grothe or that Grothe was "not that great" last year (did you ever see Julmiste play???).  Please learn to wipe your nose before posting, thank you.

I never said I could play as well as Grother - I said the opposite!  I have 0 skill.  Grother has 50.  Vince Young has 90.  Therefore, to call Grothe a great qb he needs to be 90.  All I have said is that he is average - not great or amazing or fantastic.  He is average at best.

• Content Count:  1,165

This has gotten way out of hand! His comments where not ?ing fan loyalty he mearly stated that he gets on to read what people are saying about the team and him! and he is suprized at what some of the supposed fans are saying and you have to agree there is alot being said that is over the edge! It is ok to judge him and the team on there performance and I will say too, it was crap! But after the good season we had last year and Matt going out to play for the team and lay it all on the line broke his leg for the Bulls...now I know it comes with it and so does he, but he would give his life for this team and for the fans of this team. I have to agree a little in the fact that I am very suprized at what some ( a few ) have said but not pissed about it just suprized. Does it not suprize some of you that people on here are saying bench Matt? Every game we where within 20 yds of a win or tie even as bad as we played?? that credit goes to the whole team not Matt. Would we have been able to get that close in years past? The team is better but not perfect...it will be okay the season is not lost! We where somewhere we have never been before and I tell you what we will be there agian and stay in the next two years. I am not on here defending Matt or the team they f'ed up, it happens and will happen again I am sure. But all I ask is when things are good be happy and when things are not so good judge but show just a fraction of the loyalty he shows this team and fans. Thats it.    I will say I saw a ND post this year and makes our board look like the childrens network. Now they got it ruff this year....  now I am heading to Cuse to watch my team THE BULLS!!!!  lets just get a win!! 

Grothe shakes his head.

"And these are supposed to be USF fans."

How is that not questioning fan loyalty? That's not me reading into his words trying to portray it to something it's not; it's a clear questioning of fan loyalty.

I'm not one of the people bashing Matt. Yea, he didn't play spectacular the past few games, but everyone has bad games.  But his comment about the fans was uncalled for and to be honest, pretty immature.

• Content Count:  1,037

As I said  There are a few on here that are supposed to be fans and have said some really bad stuff. He is not saying every single person on here is un loyal .  Whatever, in his position, anything he does that you dont like or think is wrong, you will judge, and thats ok, thats you opinion but he cant have an opinion. Thats cool, If the shoe fits....  as I have said several times lets look to cuse and put this to rest. please. I am sorry some peoples feelings got hurt about what he said, and you say he needs to man up because this comes with the territory....well some of you need to man up and stop crying, about what he said, he is the QB of our team and he said he needs to get better and will. what else do you want a public beating, flogging, what.  lets beat cuse!!!!

• Content Count:  4,738

Mooby,  it's obvious you don't know **** about football or talent.  If you did you would know that before Matt Grothe came to USF its football team was slowly slipping into obscurity.  Yes, there were hardcore fans, but for the most part many people were tired of many years of terrible QB play.  And no college team is good without a good quarterback.  If you knew about college football and this program you would know that.  You can talk about points, you can talk about yards, whatever.  The biggest thing is Grothe makes plays and gives USF a chance to win more than he is ever the reason for a loss.  That is all you should ever want in a college Quarterback.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!

Archived