• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to All Fans that Left Early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know what it is, but the last 3-4 homecoming games I have been to have been bad. The "fans" aren't really there to watch the game. I find myself surrounded by groups of people who haven't seen each other since last year, and they use the time to catch up rather than watching the game.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with it, but it always seems like homecoming is a big social outing for a lot of people. Anyone else notice this at homecoming games? Maybe it's just the areas I have been sitting in (section 120).

For the record, I was there for every minute of it. I wasn't too impressed with the attendance in general, but was definately dissapointed in those that left. I understand why they did, but I just couldn't do it. I kept coming up with scenarios that would make me leave. "If they score a TD, I will watch our next drive, and if we don't score a TD, I'll leave" So many if's I felt like a UCF fan.

The end of the game was really exciting, I feel bad for those that left, they missed a **** of a finish.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I guess the question is why were you there in the first place?

If it's because you love football...the game's still going on so stay

If it's because you love the Bulls...they're still on field so stay

If it's because you wanted to see the results of the game...stay...there was still a lot of football left to play

If it's because you were there because that's what everybody else was doing...leave

My expectation is that most of these people came with their wives and the wives were pushing them to exit and most men do what their wives tell them because they're lame, so they left.

I stayed to the end and saw a lot of exciting, nerve wracking football...my wife stayed too.  But she wanted to leave.  I wear pants.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I stayed to the end and saw a lot of exciting, nerve wracking football...my wife stayed too.  But she wanted to leave.  I wear pants.

;D

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

they didn't like what they saw on the field, so they left early. pretty easy to figure out. hopefully it's motivation for the team

people left when they did and I applaud them.  ...

Motivation ?

Applaud them ?

I just ignore the early leaving fans. Fans have different priorities.

What I did like ... late in the game, I saw quite a few fans in the upper deck to the end and were cheering hard until the final whistle.

Go BULLS !!!

ET, one of those guys is not a fan, he is an agent provocateur.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I was in 115 and a lot of fans left around were i was at the beginning of the fourth.  I had the whole row to myself, with my dad, and two rows in front and two in section 114.  Pretty good though since i was pacing myself the whole time talking to myself.

• Content Count:  6,574

Wow, only members of this board would try to justify leaving a game early when they are fans of the team.

6 minutes in college football is an eternity especially when a team is in comeback mode and being aggressive. If you want to use turnovers as an excuse, in the NFL earlier this year the Cowboys turned it over 6 times with the Bills only turning it over once and they still won.

The point is, it is disgraceful that you guys turned on a team you claim to be a fan of when they needed you most. Any of you that left early need to **** off and go become a fan of a different team, because leaving early is terrible and I am ashamed and embarassed that there are fellow fans who do not stick with their team.

Not to mention leaving a sporting event is unethical, especially when you are a supporter of one of the teams but even when your not why leave a sporting event early when there is always a chance to witness history until the final second runs off.

But for you guys to give up on the Bulls when they needed it most, pathetic. **** all of you (that left)!

This is crazy...I agree with you!!

It is indeed. Leave early when the team is blowing out the opponent out and leave early when the team is losing, do those of you who fit in these categories EVER watch a complete game?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I left early.  Am I not a fan since never missing a home game as a Grad student in 2001 and 20002.  Never missing a home game in 2003 and 2004 after graduation.  After buying 2 single game tickets for 4 home games in 2005?  After wising up and buying season tickets last year and this year.  After being there and a witness for both USF bowl games?  This is stupid!  After watching 8 turnovers and an offense that had not score a TD until the third quarter was almost over needing 2 TDs in 6 mins, I figured it was done!  I took my unhappy and dissappointed but, and the annoyed little lady home.  I should have done it earlier.  I think it is because I left early that they were able to do someting on offense.  I am taking credit for their karma changing.  If I left earlier, Marcus would have probably returned the punt for a TD instead of muffing it:)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Most fans are frustrated with fans leaving because it shows no confidence in your team. And as many of us saw, we almost won.

Some fans that think our players quite are probably the same ones that gave up themselves on our team.

Those leaving early also should not bash the large donors that don't attend many games, your argument is the same as them as judging fans. We have many different type of fans.

Our players gave it their all until the end, wish more of our fans were the same way.

And when we're winning big, I wish they would stay to the end and give congrats!

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I was unable too make the game, but I was checking the score from the iPhone......what happened to our team and fans....however, my thought is it our players or is it our coaches that cannot sustain the next level...god knows the fairweather fans cannot be depended on

• Content Count:  6,574

Most fans are frustrated with fans leaving because it shows no confidence in your team. And as many of us saw, we almost won.

Some fans that think our players quite are probably the same ones that gave up themselves on our team.

Those leaving early also should not bash the large donors that don't attend many games, your argument is the same as them as judging fans. We have many different type of fans.

Our players gave it their all until the end, wish more of our fans were the same way.

And when we're winning big, I wish they would stay to the end and give congrats!

ET you say it better than anyone else

Archived