• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to All Fans that Left Early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

stayed til the end, threw beer at the refs, almost hit a cop instead and at that point finally decided to make a hasty departure.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

stayed til the end, threw beer at the refs, almost hit a cop instead and at that point finally decided to make a hasty departure.

Agreed.

Also, did anyone else witness that fight outside the stadium after the game, near the student entrance? (but it didnt look like any students were involved) The cincy guys got arrested cuz we pointed them out, but one of the USF guys was knocked out really bad and it didnt look good.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I can't believe those people left.  Embarrassing.

I was hoping the team would win at the end just to show how lame the fans are.  Six minutes is a long time in college football.

• Content Count:  1,370

I couldn't agree more with this thread! I'm a season ticket holder in section 118 and I booed the hell out of all those fans leaving early. Most of them knew it too and had the balls to try and boo back at us?? Me and my group stayed all the way till the end including chatting up our bulls as they walked into the tunnel. Oh, the refs caught hell going into the tunnel and even had a few objects thown at them.

Its easy to be a fan when we're winning, but most people who have never competed for anything in their lives don't understand why it's sooooo important to be there when the team is down. I hated seeing those guys walk into the tunnel with there heads down. I made sure to chat each one up and especially the starters to let them know us real fans and alumni are still there for them and fighting till the end with them.

I think these last three games can be chalked up to having a very young team and some very key injuries, most notable TJ. If TJ were in the game he would've for sure made an impact. I did however love Jenkins back there on special teams. And not to keep beating this issue into the ground, but did anyone notice how fast we moved the ball down the field AND SCORED with none other than Ford in the backfield? He and Taylor are gonna be unstopable in seasons to come.

By the way this is my first ever post because I fell that this is a serious issue with the fans. This also goes for when we're blowing a team out like UCF. The entire student section was empty by mid 4th quarter. Shouldn't we stay and celebrate with our boys too? I was impressed with the turnout tonight, but it's going to take years before we can keep butts in the seat no matter what out record is. UF was 5-3 today with no shot at the SEC or NC, but the swamp was still sold out...

Certainly a classy post.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Again, aside from the complete yuppie douchebags behind me telling me to sit down during the game, the fans all leaving when there was still 6 minutes to play was probably a low point in the game for me.  Pretty sad sight.

• Content Count:  1,633

I left after the Edwards muff.

My leaving has nothing to do with the team winning or losing.

After 6, 7 or however many turnovers, I was pissed and I was tired of being there.

Over the past 8 years, I have missed MAYBE 3 or 4 games at home.

Does this make me a bandwagon fan?

Am I a bad fan for being disappointed?

**** NO!!!!!!!!!

I am a realistic person. We have been Bucs season ticket holders for 31 years now, and over the past 12-13 seasons, I have been to at least 8 games a year. The chances of USF winning that game are tiny, and I was pissed at watching that "performance" and the thought of sitting in traffic for another hour burned my ass, so I left.

I am sorry that all of you "hardcore" fans get pissed, but I shouldn't get booed. Thats horse ****. I have been to as many football and/or basketball games as almost anyone on this board, so there in no bandwagon/fly-by night fan here.

Some of you guys need to realize that leaving early doesn't make you a ****** fan.....

• Content Count:  143

Great support you provide when the team is playing well.  Why be there when the team is struggling and needs you the most?  In the second half, after we cut it to 11 points, we were never any farther out of the game, but there was a Mass Exodus on the East Stands after the Edwards fumbled punt.  Ok, why is this?  We hold them to a FG there and its still a two possession game.  So, basically we are in the same situation, but our genius fans all leave the stadium?

God I hate our fans.  And yes I stayed until the end, because we were still in the game.  Yes it was an uphill struggle, but we were still in the game.  Freaking Tampa bandwagon fans. 

The fans were not the problem yesterday.

The game was almost 5 hours long.    Fans buy tickets they can leave if they want to.  How much crap play do you want them to sit through?  Sorry you can't understand why someone would want to leave a football game after their team gave the ball away 8 times. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,769
  • Days Won:  3

...The game was almost 5 hours long.    Fans buy tickets they can leave if they want to.  How much crap play do you want them to sit through?  Sorry you can't understand why someone would want to leave a football game after their team gave the ball away 8 times.

There's a couple of other aspects to this issue:

1. Homecoming Weekend: this particular home game, regardless of opponent,  has a bit more meaning...

2. Attendance: pretty good, not a sell out, but then again, this is the Bearcats...

3. USF Interest: we signed up a record number of members to the Alumni Association today (several Lifetime Memberships!!!), and there were a lot more card-carryin' members picking up their baubles...

4. Early Departure: Since a team that beat Auburn and West Virginia has dropped - now three - conference

games in a row, which we all know should have been wins, why would you expect fans (who are voluntary participants using discretionary income for entertainment purposes) to stick around and watch the slow rolling train wreck? I think the fans left early, because it would appear that this team, with half the season to go and for whatever reasons, has also left early.

Late in the fourth quarter, the wife and I are sitting there watching one of the defensive players walk off the field.

He's carrying his helmet, head hanging down, and one of the coaches ran over to him, said something and just patted

the guy a few times on the shoulder as he headed over to the bench. These are still kids. And their hearts are in it to to the bitter end. They have to stay. Fans, not so much. I've seen people leave early - take UCF - when we're winning. The thing about this game - the dagger through the heart - was FOUR INTERCEPTIONS! When you do that, there's no confidence - fan wise- that the bag of tricks still has something in there and a win is possible (having bypassed probable), and maybe heading out the gate alleviates a measure of pain. 

Oh...and we should retain this thread, as it will save considerable keyboarding effort this basketball season when we trot out the annual "Fans Leaving The Dome Early" commentary.  :-*

• Content Count:  635

they didn't like what they saw on the field, so they left early. pretty easy to figure out. hopefully it's motivation for the team

• Content Count:  695

Wow, only members of this board would try to justify leaving a game early when they are fans of the team.

6 minutes in college football is an eternity especially when a team is in comeback mode and being aggressive. If you want to use turnovers as an excuse, in the NFL earlier this year the Cowboys turned it over 6 times with the Bills only turning it over once and they still won.

The point is, it is disgraceful that you guys turned on a team you claim to be a fan of when they needed you most. Any of you that left early need to **** off and go become a fan of a different team, because leaving early is terrible and I am ashamed and embarassed that there are fellow fans who do not stick with their team.

Not to mention leaving a sporting event is unethical, especially when you are a supporter of one of the teams but even when your not why leave a sporting event early when there is always a chance to witness history until the final second runs off.

But for you guys to give up on the Bulls when they needed it most, pathetic. **** all of you (that left)!

Archived