• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to All Fans that Left Early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Lower bowl will be half empty against the ville, just like games were in previous yrs. The true fans are those who stayed till the end and come to games the matter what. Probably atleast 20K of the 50K or so that were there yesterday are not your true fans.  You have seen and will see in a few weeks against the ville who those true fans are.

It takes a while to build a true fan base, & weed out all the bandwagoners

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695

Lower bowl will be half empty against the ville, just like games were in previous yrs. The true fans are those who stayed till the end and come to games the matter what. Probably atleast 20K of the 50K or so that were there yesterday are not your true fans.  You have seen and will see in a few weeks against the ville who those true fans are.

It takes a while to build a true fan base, & weed out all the bandwagoners

No one can say their a true fan if they left early, it is that simple.

And yet you ******** call me a bandwagoner when some of you were among those that left early. Sorry but I was there when my team needed me, you were in the parking lot moving an inch every 2 minutes.

Anybody who has stopped being a fan of the Bulls during this losing streak never deserves to be a fan again!

• Content Count:  104

Oh Christ get over it.  You ought to be thanking those fans for not leaving at the end of the first quarter - because the game was freaking over at that point.  The only thing disappointing yesterday was the performance put on by this team.  And you wanna know what fans I'm fed up with? (doesn't matter, I'm gonna tell you anyway).  I'm sick and tired of the same loser fans that were declaring us the second best team in the country after Auburn and WVU couldn't hold on to the ball that are now saying that we should be 9-0 because we're the "better team but beat ourselves".  What horsecrap!  If we are beating ourselves now, then WVU and Auburn beat themselves too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

people can do what they want I guess-- I don't have to like it or understand it. I have left a USF game early only one time (and this is for the entire set of home games ever-- sans the single home game I have ever missed). I left because I was a drunken idiot and felt somehow my presence was keeping us from beating mighty Hofstra.

silly-- sure.

lesson learned? you bet

Now I am also a long time Bucs season ticket holder and there have been several occasions (especially the last season) where the Bucs were getting waxed and it was fairly obvious it was a lost cause. We booked to beat the traffic, heat, and pure garbage we were seeing on the field-- sometimes as early as the mid-third quarter.

I suppose some fans could see the Cinci game in a similar light but I never felt we were totally out of it. THe muffed punt didn't seal the deal for ME. The way our defense had shut them down for pretty much three out of the four quarters, I felt we had a shot at a miracle finish. Call me crazy-- it almost happened. Perhaps that is the type of unconditional belief in the team some here are asking for. I'm not sure if you can really expect that from people. You have to earn it. And for some folks-- that means you have to pull a couple of miracles off in recent memory. And still you will get unhappy people who would rather miss the end of the game so they can get home and type up their nasty comments about Joe Coed who let them down-- or whatever these folks have in mind for a tasty Saturday night of fun.

it is what it is-- thanks for coming, thanks for the ticket $$, and don't let it bother you that you walked out on those student athletes that give every ounce of heart they have every game for you. Yeah-- don't feel bad-- just leave-- no one will notice the huge sections of red in the stands. Perhaps we are lucky to have RED seats so we can very accurately gauge who is truly interested in watching football and not just celebrating when times are good.

All I know is that I stay for all Bulls home games-- even to the bitter end. Saving 30 minutes of driving time is a weak excuse for ME since I see these home games as 6 gems we have to savor. Six lousy games that don't require you to travel--- hell yes I'm staying for the whole shooting match.

But I'll understand it if others leave. Just don't give me some excuse about waiting in traffic. And the next time we have early exits yet somehow pull off a win-- try not to tell us how you stuck around and never gave up because we just aren't buying that line of BS anymore.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Let's see, been a season ticket holder for 4 years and haven't missed a home game in that time and never left early (except for a few blowouts).  Been to 6 away games in the last 2 years.  So I'm a bandwagon fan because I couldn't take it for a 3rd week in a row?  I think not.  Are the 1,500 - 2,000 people that make the away games the only TRUE fans?  Come on, we were playing like crap, our hearts were broken and we just couldn't sit through 'til the end.  The Rutgers game was soooo disappointing for us. My over 50 year old heart couldn't take the stress.  So sue me for leaving early once.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

No one can say their a true fan if they left early, it is that simple.

The Fuhrer has spoken.

Those of you who left can turn every shred of your USF gear/memorabilia in to Colby on your way out.

• Content Count:  92

they didn't like what they saw on the field, so they left early. pretty easy to figure out. hopefully it's motivation for the team

I had really mixed emotions when people left en masse.  I truly believed that we would pull it off as we have in the (distant) past. Victory was so close, I could almost taste it.  I wanted to stay and cheer our guys on to victory.  I wanted to go down, pat them on the back and say "it's OK - we can still do this!"  

But I was also incredibly disgusted at our sloppy playing.  I seriously thought about leaving as well as a "voting with my feet" kind of act to let our team know that we expect more from them - and they should, too.  I hope every one of them cried themselves to sleep last night over what could have been but was lost.  I hope they wake up this morning embarrassed with their performance as a team.  I want them to take that embarrassment and get fired up to pull it together as a team.  That may sound harsh, but this isn't Pop Warner where every kid is told they're great even when their team is dead last.  This is college football and the pressure is enormous.  But the rewards are as well and these young men will be the better for it.

So, I understood fully why so many people left when they did and I applaud them.  I'm glad, though, that I stayed until the end.

• Content Count:  635

the thing is, Hitler was actually pretty smart and well-educated despite his ridiculous views. Colby can't claim that whatsoever.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This is hillarious!

I think some of you would rather us lose so you can prove what a loyal fan you are. How you will stay to the bitter end and how you are willing to watch a putriud display of football week after week. You'd rather be one of a few fans in the stands watching a lousy team so you can tell everyone how diehard you are than to be one of thousands watching a team that is winning and actually have to deal with "bandwagon" fans.

Maybe our team will just continue to lose so we can have a fan survivor contest? Let's prove once and for all who the best fan is.

What a joke!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Don't whine at the fans for leaving early.  Maybe if the team would stop playing like ****, and Mike Jenkins wasn't the only player who showed up to play; people might want to watch the game.

Yeah there was almost a miraculous come back, but being down by 18 in the 4th and playing like crap all game doesn't get my respect.  I didn't leave early, but the team certainly didn't deserve for me to stay.

Archived