• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official Steve Duemig is a _______ thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I am suprised he is letting the comercial speak instead of telling him about how the Bulls fans are ruining his life ;D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think a lot of us don't have a problem with what he says. His opinions are in line with College Football. The problem is that he (you) always qualify what you say. You'll say something nice about USF and then at a "but," at the end of it. Whereas there is nothing wrong with this, you present yourself as never positive or "pro" USF.

There is nothing wrong with being critical of the team. They have plenty of problems. But, give some credit where credit is due. For crying out loud, you can't give a 2 or 3 minute monologue at the start of your show praising them for their win and ranking without using sarcasm and then for the rest of the show discuss where USF might need to improve?

And, for the record, we can talk about national championship since we are #6 in the nation. It may not be likely (as I don't think it is), but as fans of a team that is ranked that high we have that right.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

From what I read the guy hardly deserves mention here, but you guys are listening to him and creating multiple posts...do me a favor and let's keep it all on this thread please.

Oh, and each of you can feel free to "fill in the blank"!

Brad....everytime one of our fans wastes a couple million electrons typing his name is an affront to our program, coaches and players. I suggest that for the good of the order we delete every Douchebag related post or at the very minimum funnel them all into one lonely thread.

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

nah, he's great. he's very knowledgeable about many things. there's no doubt that he'll hit a gambling point a bit too hard, but i enjoy his perspective. his opinion on USF is just that...his opinion. he thinks they're a bit overrated, so there ya go

Ya' know, kastofsna....

I'm not sure anyone on here (maybe a few, but not most) has a problem with his OPINIONS.

It's his incorrect facts, blunders, and OBVIOUS general lack of knowledge in so many areas that are frustrating.

This guy gets paid GOOD money to know his stuff......and short of golf, a little hockey, a little NFL, and A LOT of gambling, he doesn't know very much.

That's my beef, at least.  I couldn't care less about his opinions....whatever.  It's his WOEFUL lack of knowledge that irks me.

see, i disagree with that, too. i think he researches far more than any other radio show host out there. except for Jim Rome, but all his research (and everything he says) comes from the show producers.

i know about the Lester thing, but he's admitted as such that that was a mistake. i just don't know of too many other times when he's been egregiously wrong and  it had any real effect on his opinion. a simple data error is going to happen on the radio. hell, Ron & Ian do it all the time. as do most hosts

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

This is the lonely thread...I've funneled many here.  After he's finished whining about the Bulls and how bad he is treated, I'll probably send this thread out to some other more deserving board.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I agree with Cyber.  No more pub for you know who.

• Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

I agree with Cyber.  No more pub for you know who.

Agreed.  He acts like a total immature jerk for two weeks and then tries to play the victim when he whips some of the people into a fury.  Let it die.  After all, NA NA NA NA NA, Kirk agrees with him.

And comparing me to a Tampa bandwagon fan is going to make me send some hatemail to you if you keep it up buddy.

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

i know about the Lester thing, but he's admitted as such that that was a mistake. i just don't know of too many other times when he's been egregiously wrong and  it had any real effect on his opinion. a simple data error is going to happen on the radio. hell, Ron & Ian do it all the time. as do most hosts

The "Lester thing" was a huge mistake. He used that as an excuse for us beating Auburn and UF not doing the same. Is not just the "Lester thing" but also the fact that he said that "WVU backup QB sucks" without aknowledging that it was Brown the one that took care of Rutgers. He kept mentioning how Pat White didn't play the whole game, but didn't say anything about how he didn't do anything during the first half, or how Slaton did play the whole game but was a non factor.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

By the way, I am a firm supporter of the 1010 group and Mike Pepper.  They run a USF Magazine Show and the Jim Leavitt Show, and often have USF segments that aren't marred by an ignorant and egotistical host.  The board advertises there and just re-upped for 5 more weeks.

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I hope you are kidding, the Lester thing was not a simple data error it was the base for his entire arguement. He also has continued to say there are 119 teams in the bowl subdivision even though there is 120. He has reversed his opinion on every aspect of our team with never giving an explanation (see Matt Grothe being our only chance to win the game, to Matt Grothe is a below average QB that would prevent us from competing with the Gators). He has gotten plenty of things wrong about player names and where they came from that could be found in the media guide (see Ford and McKenzie). He has set marks for what he thought would garner respect, thinking we would fail, and then moved those marks when we got there see Auburn, UNC and WVU. He tells people to take off their green and gold glasses even though they continue to predict right as he continues to predict wrong.He acted like it was rediculous that we thought we should be rated following the Auburn game (in spite of outrage from national media), complained when we got ranked following our bye, thought we were over rated after we moved up following our win over UNC by more than he said a real good team would do (implying that we would not) and got down right angry about fans thinking they may be better than UF and may have an outside chance at the title (after USF beat #5 WVU and Florida lost to a team USF beat) even though the national media's #6 rating would seem to agree with the fans he is chastening. etc etc etc ::)

nah, he's great. he's very knowledgeable about many things. there's no doubt that he'll hit a gambling point a bit too hard, but i enjoy his perspective. his opinion on USF is just that...his opinion. he thinks they're a bit overrated, so there ya go

Ya' know, kastofsna....

I'm not sure anyone on here (maybe a few, but not most) has a problem with his OPINIONS.

It's his incorrect facts, blunders, and OBVIOUS general lack of knowledge in so many areas that are frustrating.

This guy gets paid GOOD money to know his stuff......and short of golf, a little hockey, a little NFL, and A LOT of gambling, he doesn't know very much.

That's my beef, at least.  I couldn't care less about his opinions....whatever.  It's his WOEFUL lack of knowledge that irks me.

see, i disagree with that, too. i think he researches far more than any other radio show host out there. except for Jim Rome, but all his research (and everything he says) comes from the show producers.

Archived