• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Rumors Swirling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

We're on page 5 and Greg/Brett nor Eric have left a comment.

hmmmm

Maybe this will become a 'Bob Huggins' like story.

I agree, thats whats kinda fishy about this, Eric usually tends to keep up to date on priveleged info...LOL

especially if it's NOT true.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

Here is what it think is going on (or should go on):

-      USF is not buying the mall except in some of your dreams

-      Leavitt and the athletic dept have met with architects so they have ballpark figures for a stadium.

-      The football stadium will be the last thing to be taken care of so what needs to be done first are…

-      The new baseball stadium will be taken care of by Steinbrenner and others Lelo knows

-      The dining hall money is almost completely raised, and the rest will be there soon

-      The new track has been taken care of

-      The new practice fields and softball fields were taken care of by Mr. & Mrs. Morsani

-      More Sundome renovations will be made when the naming rights are sold

-      It won’t be hard to raise money for the rest of the athletic district (i.e. new tennis courts, new intramural fields by Greek village, and whatever else I can’t remember)

-      Tampa will get behind Bulls football after our breakout season next year (two nationally televised wins ?) followed by multiple very successful seasons

-      This will allow USF to fundraise for a new stadium – this stadium will be very nice with skyboxes, seatbacks for every chair, and other nice amenities. (This is why we want an option to get out of the deal)

-      That stadium will hold between 40-50 thousand people and cost between 80-100 million

-      USF will sell the naming rights to the stadium for 6-7 million

-      A fee will be introduced like the Marshall center to raise 10 million

-      40 - 60 million dollars will be raised in private funds (over many years)

-      The rest of the money will be raised by advertising in the stadium, season ticket sales, concessions, parking, and bowl money (hopefully we get to a BCS bowl)

-      It will be located next to the Sundome and completed by 2015

-      There will be expansion plans so they can add another 20 thousand seats at some point in the future

This is just my guess from what I read and heard, and I don’t know as much as some on this board so I'm interested to see what your opinions are. Hopefully this doesn't explode into an ocs argument

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Hopefully this doesn't explode into an ocs argument

Nah, not at all, especially after you just listed 10+ debatable theories/statements.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

West Virginia just bought the mall and is moving it to Morgantown.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

West Virginia just bought the mall and is moving it to Morgantown.

I heard that too. They plan on burning IF they beat us in '08.  ;)

-      That stadium will hold between 40-50 thousand people and cost between 80-100 million

Rentschler Field - Connecticut's stadium holds exactily 40,000, cost $91 million and opened in 2003.  I believe that it has bench-style seating for most seats.  Factor in the amenities you described in your post, and inflation since you don't have it completed until 12 years after U Conn's... and you're looking at somewhere around $125 - 150 million.

UCF received $15 million for the rights to its stadium.  Raymond James pays about $3 million per year for the rights to the Tampa Comminity Investment Tax Stadium.

USF already has among the highest athletic fees in the state., if not THE highest  I do not think USF or the Board of Regents will approve another fee to pay the debt service.  There are other student fees that can help pay for construction, such as CITF, depending on what else is included with the stadium.

-      The rest of the money will be raised by advertising in the stadium, season ticket sales, concessions, parking, and bowl money (hopefully we get to a BCS bowl)

Actually, that is probably not entirely the case.  Ticket sales, concesions, and parking will fund the operations of the athletic department (coaches salaries) and possible the costs of operating the stadium on game day.  I would expect that, of your list, only advertising funds will be used to pay for the bonds.  Remember, USF gets some advertising money now - (First Down... I'm lovin' it) - and doesn't use it to pay for debts, but for on-going operations.

This is just my guess from what I read and heard, and I don’t know as much as some on this board so I'm interested to see what your opinions are. Hopefully this doesn't explode into an ocs argument

Not trying to downplay or criticize your original post... just wanting to make sure that people have realistic expecations for an OCS (yes, I know it's a long shot).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

just wanting to make sure that people have realistic expectations for an OCS

You must be new here. I don't believe we've met, I'm Dean Robinson. 8-)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

According to the State's website USF has second highest student fees'

Here are the numbers and the amounts that go to Athletics

School- FEE- Athletic FEE

UCF- 34.25- 11.09

USF- 29.26- 10.16

FAU-28.75-13.75

FSU-28.08-5.98

UF-24.73-1.90

FIU-22.18-9.66

FAMU-19.40-8.90

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Man FSU has really jacked their athletic fees up it was a lil over 2 bucks a few years ago. Their students get free football tix though(UF doesn't), which is probably why they increased it so much.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Rentschler Field - Connecticut's stadium holds exactily 40,000, cost $91 million and opened in 2003.  I believe that it has bench-style seating for most seats.  Factor in the amenities you described in your post, and inflation since you don't have it completed until 12 years after U Conn's... and you're looking at somewhere around $125 - 150 million.

UCF received $15 million for the rights to its stadium.  Raymond James pays about $3 million per year for the rights to the Tampa Community Investment Tax Stadium.

USF already has among the highest athletic fees in the state., if not THE highest  I do not think USF or the Board of Regents will approve another fee to pay the debt service.  There are other student fees that can help pay for construction, such as CITF, depending on what else is included with the stadium.

Actually, that is probably not entirely the case.  Ticket sales, concessions, and parking will fund the operations of the athletic department (coaches salaries) and possible the costs of operating the stadium on game day.  I would expect that, of your list, only advertising funds will be used to pay for the bonds.  Remember, USF gets some advertising money now - (First Down... I'm lovin' it) - and doesn't use it to pay for debts, but for on-going operations.

Not trying to downplay or criticize your original post... just wanting to make sure that people have realistic expectations for an OCS (yes, I know it's a long shot).

Factor in one HUGE advantage for UCONN...is that the STATE of Connecticut PAID for the entire cost of the stadium (site preparation of the old Pratt & Whitney site and airfield)...so UCONN didn't have to pay one dime for the stadium.

The budget for the stadium was just a part of what was available in the mid-late 90's to help lure the Patriots from Foxboro, MA to Hartford...but at the last minute...the Pats were able to secure a deal to stay in MASS and in Foxboro.

Imagine if the STate of FLA gave each school $100 Million to build their own stadium?

Dang...that would of been NICE!

PS. In many construction projects, cost of site preparation can eat up to 25-30% cost of the entire project...fortunately for UCF's sake...Brighthouse Stadium is being built where the former practice fields use to be located...so very lil prep and wasted $$$$ were needed.