• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Understand Now...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,379
  • Days Won:  10

Just remind them that they are a state university.  They don't like to hear that.  They think that they are Ivy League.  I worked in the State University system for a couple of years and got to see the attitudes of their administration.  They disregarded rules and procedures and made their own.  Truly, they are buttheads.  But negative attention is better than no attention, so try ignoring them.  That will kill them.

I have always disliked the arrogance of Florida fans.  I usually ask them what years they attended.  When they tell me that they didn't go to the school, I'll make a comment like "poser", or ask them if they are just trying to look like they did or something.  I love seeing Bubba in the big 4x4 wearing a bunch of gator gear like he just graduated valedictorian or something.

At least our fans have all their teeth and don't consider a hot date as taking your sister to the local mudbogging event.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

They won't acknowledge us for the sheer fact that they KNOW a sleeping giant is in the backyard...well actually, not so sleeping anymore.  They're still in denial..FSU and Miami already know.  It's been happening the last few years now. Their talent pools have gotten smaller cuz we get a lot of their recruits :)

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152

I really dont care about UF or its fans.  USF is the place to be.  I love it.  To me there is nothing cooler than going to a school that is rising a quick as USF is.  UF fans dont know what they are missing.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400

what's most annoying is that when you tell them they are acting like that, they reply with a, "you're just jealous"..

i compare UF fans to red sox fans.  they are obnoxious and they don't know how to win, and they are terrible losers.

pretty sad for a program that has the same tradition as Wake Forest (1 nat'l title)

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

what's most annoying is that when you tell them they are acting like that, they reply with a, "you're just jealous"..

[highlight]i compare UF fans to red sox fans.[/highlight]  they are obnoxious and they don't know how to win, and they are terrible losers.

pretty sad for a program that has the same tradition as Wake Forest (1 nat'l title)

Whoa whoa whoa Boricua!

Don't make such a comparison! That offends me as a red sox fan!  ;D

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Ah yes! The Gayturd rants. Love em boys Love em. Remember the cry of the Gayturd fan as they pass a farm. The animals all cry out(especially sheep) Daaaaaaaa-dy Daaaaaa-dy. Arrogance is too good a word for them. Try just plain ********! (With my most sincere appologies to the donkeys). Let them believe what they want to believe. I mean a University that comes from Gay-nes-ville!!!  C'mon. UF fans are a dime a dozen, and worth about as much. Yes they have achieved a lot... but it took them about a hundred years to do so. They first had to learn to talk though and since then they never have shut up!   UF...FU!!! >:(     The Reaper

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

I'll remind you not all are bad, my parents are both UF alum and have 2 Bulls season tix. Yes, they usually end up going to the UF games over the USF games for teh obvious, but they do root for the Bulls at all times (until September 3, 2010 I'm sure)

are you an apologist for every other school out there???

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I have been accused of being an apologist for:

UF

FSU

UCF

Listen, I was just saying not to be a **** to all Gator fans because many (including my family) root for the Bulls. In fact, I'm sure if you look through the season ticket holders you will find a decent amount of USF season ticket holders are UF alum.

I have never judged someone on the team they like. Personally, I grew up a HUGE Irish fan and dreamed of not only going to ND, but playing for them. I don't think I missed a televised game for 10 years from 89 - 99. Neither worked out however. Went to a JuCo blew my knee out, visited USF to do my undergrad (USF v. Troy State in 2000) and I liked the campus a lot, so I came here.

And when did not going to the school bar you from being a fan? We have hundreds of fans that never went to USF, yet we don't ridicule them for being fans. Yes, I'm sure most UF, FSU, and Cane fans that didn't go to the school picked them because they were good or popular. However, all I ask of a fan is that they be committed to the team they like and not jump the wagon in the bad times.

Every school is going to have arrogant as Hell fans, and yes, Florida does have their fair share, it seems like more because there are more Gator fans than any other group. However, I can tell you that up here in Ohio, the Ohio State fans are just as bad. When I lived in South Carolina the Clemson fans were the same way, and the Georgia fans when I lived in Atlanta...and yes, USF does have it's fair share of arrogant fans...most just turn a blind eye because they are USF fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

wow-- you guys need to chill out about UF. Lots of people act like dicks about something or another. I'm not jealous of UF or anything-- I do wish we had as many fans as they do who show as much pride as they show. The attitude that they are the best thing going isn't completely without merit in this state. They have as much right to claim it as any other school. That they treat USF as pee-ons is wrong but they treat just about everybody like that-- I mean everybody.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

They won't acknowledge us for the sheer fact that they KNOW a sleeping giant is in the backyard...well actually, not so sleeping anymore.  They're still in denial..FSU and Miami already know.  It's been happening the last few years now. Their talent pools have gotten smaller cuz we get a lot of their recruits :)

That's not true. The Gators recruit an entirely higher rated set of players as seen by their #1 ranked class last year. Maybe there are some we also recruit but it's pretty rare for us to pull someone they are going after hard core.

As much as I'd like for this to be true, it is simply not reality. We are getting better recruits, but for the most part we are not stealing anyone away from UF.