• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Understand Now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They won't acknowledge us for the sheer fact that they KNOW a sleeping giant is in the backyard...well actually, not so sleeping anymore.  They're still in denial..FSU and Miami already know.  It's been happening the last few years now. Their talent pools have gotten smaller cuz we get a lot of their recruits :)

That's not true. The Gators recruit an entirely higher rated set of players as seen by their #1 ranked class last year. Maybe there are some we also recruit but it's pretty rare for us to pull someone they are going after hard core.

As much as I'd like for this to be true, it is simply not reality. We are getting better recruits, but for the most part we are not stealing anyone away from UF.

I agree whole heartidly with Mike G's last 2 posts.  Why do people care so much, seriously?  All you do when you care so much about them and their fans is give them ammo for them to back up that inferiority complex arguement they use.  I dunno i just dont really care about or hate a school unless they have a direct effect on us in recruiting, a rivalry, are on our schedule for the current season, or keeping us from going to a bowl.  At this point in time UF does none so i care about them as much as i do Oregon, Clemson, or Texas.  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

what's most annoying is that when you tell them they are acting like that, they reply with a, "you're just jealous"..

i compare UF fans to red sox fans.  they are obnoxious and they don't know how to win, and they are terrible losers.

PERFECT analogy. Especially in the area we live...

and if you wanna go a step further, Miami fans are Yankee fans.

In other words, I hate them both.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I agree whole heartidly with Mike G's last 2 posts.  Why do people care so much, seriously?  All you do when you care so much about them and their fans is give them ammo for them to back up that inferiority complex arguement they use.  I dunno i just dont really care about or hate a school unless they have a direct effect on us in recruiting, a rivalry, are on our schedule for the current season, or keeping us from going to a bowl.  At this point in time UF does none so i care about them as much as i do Oregon, Clemson, or Texas.

Were you born and raised in Florida? .... I think you'll find most who hate the Gators grew up surrounded by and having to listen to the ******** that had the "arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Wake Forest".

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Haven't beat the Canes since 1985...And I definitely don't want them in my National Championship...WOW!!! the only teams they beat soundly...southern Miss and UCF

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Were you born and raised in Florida? .... I think you'll find most who hate the Gators grew up surrounded by and having to listen to the ******** that had the "arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Wake Forest".

Born in jacksonville but i have lived in cali and va.  Moved back to jacksonville when i was 12 and was there all the way through junior high and high school.  So yes i grew up around it but i found FSU fans and UM fans (pre and post probation) were just as bad.  Every team has obnoxious fans from my experience and i just dont see why people seem to single them out when i have met just as many ignorant and redneck idiots who support the UM and FSU and even UGA while living in jacksonville.  Maybe because tampa is such a UF area is why there is so much emphasis from people around here.  But while living in jacksonville where its 45% uf 45% fsu and the remaining 10% split between UM and UGA i have met fans from all teams that are idiots and arrogant as hell about their program.  I just dont see why people get their panties in such a bunch over a team that doesnt effect us in any way shape or form except for fan interaction, to me its just stupid.  

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I just wanted to share an experience I had with a UF fan..the area I live is full of them...but they dont bother me like she did...didnt mean to start an uproar

• 10 months later...

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

why some of you dont like UF and their fans...Sunday afternoon there was a family gathering at my parents home....While watching Sunday football, my Aunt was anxiously waiting for the new BCS standings because she is a diehard Gator fan.

I was raised a Gator fan mainly because my uncle(her brother) graduated from UF and so the entire family is Gator crazy...well during the conversation I brought up the Big East, so She basically ignored what I said and continued talking about the Gators...so I kept talking USF and how everybody thinks we are in a weak conference with weak schedules. So she continued to repeat everything she had read and been told while having no actual opinion.

So I brought up the fact that  USF has only been playing for 10 yrs and how they have come so far in that time...she quickly argued that several teams have done what USF has done and come talk to her when they play a SEC team...so being the smart ass I can be I ask her to name the schools that have done what USF has in just 10 yrs...she just kept saying "its happened, its happened!" So I said [glow=red,2,300]"we'll see next year when USF plays Auburn" and she said..."and they will get destroyed"[/glow] and I said "wait till we come up to the swamp!!" and she replied the same...

she then went on about Grothe hasnt impressed her and qb's like him have been turned down by UF for years and he couldnt make it in the SEC. she then went on to say how Tebow is so much better and USF would probably be undefeated with him. So I asked just exactly USF games she has watched since 1997...and would you believe NONE....so how can she actually have an opinion :o

I was so aggravated because she was so Gator crazy she wouldnt even acknowledge USF. It made me want burn everything UF I owned...so now while also being a USF fan, I have become a Western Carolina fan, FSU fan, and Arkansas fan 8-)

So now I think I just might despise the Gators...GO BULLS!!

hahahahaha...just wanted to bring this back

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  695

I actually think that Matt Grothe and Tim Tebow are similar. I think Tebow has the better line which means he will have an easier time running, and Tebow has the better wide receivers which means better numbers passing but switch their schools and I think Grothe puts up similar numbers to Tebow at UF and vice versa.

Besides the Big East this year is probably the second or third best conference. UCLA lost to Utah so that might mean the Pac 10 isn't as good as it seemed after Oregon's victory over Michigan. I would definitely say that right now the Big East is better than the Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC which is really crazy considering the conference lost it's three best programs but they gained three even better programs it appears. Louisville has already spent some years among the elite, USF is almost there, and Cincinnati is not as far behind USF as it seems. Their not getting media coverage yet but they should be soon.