• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Understand Now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

why some of you dont like UF and their fans...Sunday afternoon there was a family gathering at my parents home....While watching Sunday football, my Aunt was anxiously waiting for the new BCS standings because she is a diehard Gator fan.

I was raised a Gator fan mainly because my uncle(her brother) graduated from UF and so the entire family is Gator crazy...well during the conversation I brought up the Big East, so She basically ignored what I said and continued talking about the Gators...so I kept talking USF and how everybody thinks we are in a weak conference with weak schedules. So she continued to repeat everything she had read and been told while having no actual opinion.

So I brought up the fact that  USF has only been playing for 10 yrs and how they have come so far in that time...she quickly argued that several teams have done what USF has done and come talk to her when they play a SEC team...so being the smart ass I can be I ask her to name the schools that have done what USF has in just 10 yrs...she just kept saying "its happened, its happened!" So I said "we'll see next year when we go to Auburn"..and she said"and you'll get destroyed" and I said "wait till we come up to the swamp!!" and she replied the same...

she then went on about Grothe hasnt impressed her and qb's like him have been turned down by UF for years and he couldnt make it in the SEC. she then went on to say how Tebow is so much better and USF would probably be undefeated with him. So I asked just exactly USF games she has watched since 1997...and would you believe NONE....so how can she actually have an opinion :o

I was so aggravated because she was so Gator crazy she wouldnt even acknowledge USF. It made me want burn everything UF I owned...so now while also being a USF fan, I have become a Western Carolina fan, FSU fan, and Arkansas fan 8-)

So now I think I just might despise the Gators...GO BULLS!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I'm waiting for UF and Boise State to fall.

My brothers act the same way.  When they want to get me pissed off they talk about how the BE and USF suck.  They don't believe that, they just want me fired up!  >:(  Your aunt is a different story though... she's Gator crazy.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I know it took a while...but glad you finally learned too.

Trying to discuss College Football FACTS with a Gator Aunt?

Sounds like your Aunt fits that UF Fan profile.

KL

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

I have been teaching for 20 years in HS.. Every year 9 out of 10 students that come back from UF are ragging a##holes!   I do not know what it is but they come back with ME FIRST ATTITUDE and screw all others... Any day the gators lose is a happy day..

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The gator hate on this board is funny.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

the reason i dont like gators are because most of them think that they are all that because they go to UF and how they are the best in the SEC.

They feel that all schools in FL are inferior to them.

But i wouldnt trade being a bull for anythin...i think we have somethin special here....

gator fans...noles fan...canes fan are happy to ride on with history of success.....while we are tryin to make history

in the end i belive that building a legacy is better than following one...

With all that said

GO BULLS! BEAT UL

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

to a "T"..she even still buys me Gator gear for birthdays and xmas but knows I'm a USF fan...my uncle went there and isnt that bad..nowhere near it

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not sure why I hate the Gators, but I do.  I guess it's because the lack of respect they give us.  Not that we've really earned a whole lot, but we're gaining and they know it.  They'd just never believe we'll catch them. We will. One day, hopefully sooner than later.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

most of them think that they are all that because they go to UF

I love it how they say that everyone is angry and doesn't like them because they didn't get accepted to UF.  Haha.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

^^^ agreed. I got accepted to go to UF, but choose not to.