• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Police too tough on students...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, but a reply of "We ran out of bullets" to the question "Why did you shoot him 68 times?" indicates that the police were not interested in finding and brining a suspect to justice, but were out for blood.  

Incorrect. They actually shot over 100 times but only hit 68. That doesnt imply they were out for blood it implies they had a threat in front of them with a gun who had already killed someone and shot someone else. You tell me what your nerves would be like walking through a forest looking for an armed man with a gun who MAY SHOOT YOU AT ANY MOMENT. You finally find the guy and you dont know if he is going to shoot it out with you. He doesnt surrender which means bullets can fly at any second. Your a swat team memeber holding an MP5 which fires 13 rounds of bullets a second. You fire, your buddy fires and his buddy fires. Within 3 seconds thats about 100 bullets. Too much? I think not.

Please don't bring in facts to for these cry-baby liberals. They are clueless on how it "went down".

Let them continue to live in a fantasy world where they aren't any bad guys.

KL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Sorry, but a reply of "We ran out of bullets" to the question "Why did you shoot him 68 times?" indicates that the police were not interested in finding and brining a suspect to justice, but were out for blood.  

Incorrect. They actually shot over 100 times but only hit 68. That doesnt imply they were out for blood it implies they had a threat in front of them with a gun who had already killed someone and shot someone else. You tell me what your nerves would be like walking through a forest looking for an armed man with a gun who MAY SHOOT YOU AT ANY MOMENT. You finally find the guy and you dont know if he is going to shoot it out with you. He doesnt surrender which means bullets can fly at any second. Your a swat team memeber holding an MP5 which fires 13 rounds of bullets a second. You fire, your buddy fires and his buddy fires. Within 3 seconds thats about 100 bullets. Too much? I think not.

Please don't bring in facts to for these cry-baby liberals. They are clueless on how it "went down".

Let them continue to live in a fantasy world where they aren't any bad guys.

KL

I hate to jump into this, but the police are not judge, jury, and executioner.

That is why there are three branches of government in this system.

What if they executed the wrong guy?  

Bragging about it to the news cameras gets a sheriff re-elected in a hick county like Polk, but it also invites a lawsuit from the dead man’s family.

That guy was a lowlife.  I am not defending him killing the cop and his dog.  He obviously had other crimes to hide with that type of reaction to a routine stop from the police.  He is dead, so we will never know.  He deserved his day in court.  If the district attorney cannot get a conviction for that crime, they he/she should lose their job and explain to the dead cop's family why they are an incompetent attorney.

When will you ever see that type of man hunt for the killer of someone who is not a cop?

Wasn't it the Polk SWAT team that hunted him down?  The SWAT teams typically carry M-16A1, or they used to so I could be wrong.  Maybe they carry MP-5’s now.  Let’s just say they carry M-16’s.  Those M-16's are fully automatic, which is unlike the 3 round burst mode of the M-16A2 that the military uses.  The M-16 has a 30 round clip; I think the original Vietnam era models had 20 round clips.  Let's just assume the SWAT team used 30 round clips.  The Polk sheriff said they shot 120 bullets.  Therefore, 120 bullets divided by 30 round clips equals 4 SWAT team members.  That is going by the assumption they used M-16's and they did not reload.

68 bullets found their target.  52 bullets did not.  That is a 56.6% hit ratio.  If Internal Affairs does not investigate this as excessive force, then they need to investigate the poor marksmanship of these guys.  56.6% hit ratio is sad.  Did they just pull the trigger until they unloaded the entire 30 round clip?

Sorry for going off topic.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

That guy was a lowlife.  I am not defending him killing the cop and his dog.  He obviously had other crimes to hide with that type of reaction to a routine stop from the police.  He is dead, so we will never know.  He deserved his day in court.  .

He didnt get his day in court becuase he failed to disarm himself when he was confronted by the swat team. As much as he deserved his day in court, those officers who confronted an armed man in the woods deserved to be able to go home to their families ALIVE.  They have the right to disable the threat in front of them.  If you ever find yourself with a gun in your hand and a cop confronting you, put the gun down or else you will be judged as a threat and disabled.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Stay on topic guys!  Let's talk about the security issue.  ;)

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

It's amazing that every game thus far, the 200's section in the corner closest to the ship and where the original poster I think was describing.....There has been an incident with the police.

Not to turn this into an OCS thread, but when we finally get an OCS, you can forget about having alcohol all together.  MY personal view is that there shouldn't be served alcohol at the college games to help mitigate these types of incidents.

When it's Sunday at RayJay, I'm buying the first round!!!

The consumption of alcohol and the violaton of civil liberties are two different subjects.  Maybe you should focus on the issue of cops "breaking the law" and not their excuse for it.  I believe that was the original topic of post.

TwillyBull,

I agree with you in your point as I posted well be fore yours, the following:

"On the flipside, I do hope that if people honestly thought that there was an over use of force or a potential abuse of power, to report these concerns to the HCSO, TPD or whatever agency that officer was representing in order for a full review to take place.  This is the only way that the public can keep law enforcement accountable for their actions.

I think someone posted that we live in their world....This is incorrect.  We ALL live in the same world and ALL must follow the same rules. "

However, you cannot ignore one side of the situation -- the alcohol consumption and college students -- and the force that the police are using to keep people in check with the rules.

It is a simple matter of cause and effect.  If people are going to get liquid courage and start fights in the stands, then guess what....the cops are going to run up into the stands and stop and arrest the fighters.  IF those same fighters are going to resist, escape or fight back the cops, then you better believe overwhelming force is going to be used to neutralize the situation.  The morale of the story is, FOLLOW THE RULES AND YOU WILL NOT BE EVEN ACTED UPON BY THE POLICE.  ;D

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I guess he was not as legalistic back then ::)

Here's an idea, maybe we should buy the cops a trophy and put Minotaur in charge of collecting the money for it...that worked out well last time right?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

That guy was a lowlife.  I am not defending him killing the cop and his dog.  He obviously had other crimes to hide with that type of reaction to a routine stop from the police.  He is dead, so we will never know.  He deserved his day in court.  .

He didnt get his day in court becuase he failed to disarm himself when he was confronted by the swat team.

Really? You were there? Or are you taking the police officer's word for it -- the one who actually saw whether he was armed when shot or not. I thought this thread was about how bad law enforcement can be -- either we distrust them or we trust them. This nation was founded on distrust, and an ingenius system to get down to the bottom of things without having to rely on the single, empowered voice.

Anyway, you can't have it both ways. If we're going to turn the critical gaze to what's happened at Ray Jay the last two weeks, we have to turn it on what happened in Lakeland, too.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Don't put yourself in the position of breaking a law or regulation at RayJay and you won't have to deal with law enforcement.....That simple.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

He didnt get his day in court becuase he failed to disarm himself when he was confronted by the swat team.

Really? You were there? Or are you taking the police officer's word for it -- the one who actually saw whether he was armed when shot or not. I thought this thread was about how bad law enforcement can be -- either we distrust them or we trust them. This nation was founded on distrust, and an ingenius system to get down to the bottom of things without having to rely on the single, empowered voice.

Anyway, you can't have it both ways. If we're going to turn the critical gaze to what's happened at Ray Jay the last two weeks, we have to turn it on what happened in Lakeland, too.

Yes, I am going by what the officers said. Why dont you jump the other people who think they just executed him?  Hmmm?  This thread was about law enforcement abuses at the football games. I even posted a story about an abuse with my father. But why cant I have it both ways? I can say an officer may abuse their power but at the same time, I do not want an officer to question his decision to shoot or be shot. These officers werent at a football game. They were deep in the woods and being hunted themselves (see where the suspect shot at a third officer).

There is automatically an investigation ANY TIME an officer fires his weapon. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will review the case and they are an outside entity from Polk County. The people who think that X number of bullets fired or hit on target means some type of guilt and THAT IS BS.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

If anyone wants to make a compliant to the HCSO or TSA, I have all the contact information. It took me a full week of getting the run around, but I have the names and phone numbers of people that NEED to know about these issues. When I was filling my compliant it was dismissed by one person because "we have never had an issue like this before, so I don't think you have a problem"...These problems NEED to be reported...

PM me if you want thier contact info