• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Police too tough on students...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

If anyone wants to make a compliant to the HCSO or TSA, I have all the contact information. It took me a full week of getting the run around, but I have the names and phone numbers of people that NEED to know about these issues. When I was filling my compliant it was dismissed by one person because "we have never had an issue like this before, so I don't think you have a problem"...These problems NEED to be reported...

PM me if you want thier contact info

So they're saying that because you are one of the only reported occurences automatically makes it a non-problem?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Just be happy they didnt organize another Death Squad and put 68 bullets in them. Its thier world and they allow us to live in it, dont rock the boat or they will taser up.

Matt, you are way off topic and way out of line.  I am glad I know where you stand.

..I agree

Hey come work with me for a day and then comment on what cops do...I dont go to other peoples jobs and criticize them so why read the paper and say what I did wrong......You want to post your comments on www.odmp.org and tell them how they are wrong...go talk to all 1,130 families that have lost a loved one in the line of duty since 2000

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

It's amazing that every game thus far, the 200's section in the corner closest to the ship and where the original poster I think was describing.....There has been an incident with the police.

Not to turn this into an OCS thread, but when we finally get an OCS, you can forget about having alcohol all together.  MY personal view is that there shouldn't be served alcohol at the college games to help mitigate these types of incidents.

When it's Sunday at RayJay, I'm buying the first round!!!

The consumption of alcohol and the violaton of civil liberties are two different subjects.  Maybe you should focus on the issue of cops "breaking the law" and not their excuse for it.  I believe that was the original topic of post.

TwillyBull,

I agree with you in your point as I posted well be fore yours, the following:

"On the flipside, I do hope that if people honestly thought that there was an over use of force or a potential abuse of power, to report these concerns to the HCSO, TPD or whatever agency that officer was representing in order for a full review to take place.  This is the only way that the public can keep law enforcement accountable for their actions.

I think someone posted that we live in their world....This is incorrect.  We ALL live in the same world and ALL must follow the same rules. "

However, you cannot ignore one side of the situation -- the alcohol consumption and college students -- and the force that the police are using to keep people in check with the rules.

It is a simple matter of cause and effect.  If people are going to get liquid courage and start fights in the stands, then guess what....the cops are going to run up into the stands and stop and arrest the fighters.  IF those same fighters are going to resist, escape or fight back the cops, then you better believe overwhelming force is going to be used to neutralize the situation.  The morale of the story is, FOLLOW THE RULES AND YOU WILL NOT BE EVEN ACTED UPON BY THE POLICE.  ;D

Hey I have no problem with police breaking up fights.  I do have a problem with the police hauling off someone for what they say and if they criticize the cops.  Problem was, the guy that was hauled off was FOLLOWING THE RULES!!! This isn't communist Russia, where people have to "watch what they say".  You're supposed to be able to criticize the police.  I don't know if you've noticed, but this isn't the first post of something like this has happening this season.

If you think these problems will be any better in an OCS... well just wait until the campus police take over for TPD.  Don't serve beer at the game?  Then kids will drink more before the games.  You ever been to a UF or FSU game?  The student sections are just as rowdy.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

If anyone wants to make a compliant to the HCSO or TSA, I have all the contact information. It took me a full week of getting the run around, but I have the names and phone numbers of people that NEED to know about these issues. When I was filling my compliant it was dismissed by one person because "we have never had an issue like this before, so I don't think you have a problem"...These problems NEED to be reported...

PM me if you want thier contact info

So they're saying that because you are one of the only reported occurences automatically makes it a non-problem?

That is what I was told. I said I wanted to make a complaint and was told I didn't have one. After a few days of getting the run around, I finally was put in contact with the correct people after I was saying I was going to file a police brutality suit.

These cases have to be reported otherwise they say "Its never been reported, so its not a problem."

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

"however, i hope someone presses charges against this one specific cop tonight.  it was section 243 i think.  the cops were out of control tonight.  ok...yea there was probably a fight and a few kids acting stupid...but they threw one kid up against the glass and while his neck was against the glass 2 cops jumped on his back.  i am suprised the kid didnt have a broken neck.  and then after that....any student that yelled at the cops for their misbehavior was grabbed and drug out of the game.  i wish i had a camera for it.  i hope one of those kids has a high powered parent with a good lawyer."

The kid that was thrown against the glass did actually break free of police and start running down the stairs, at which point he was finally slammed against the glass.....  Could they have waited at  bottom of stairs? maybe, but he did run and break from cops... Bottom line if cops have you, do not run from them... As far as the other incidents I do not know what to say...  

Always two sides to a story.

and then the truth......

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the cops have new orders:

shoot to kill anyone wearing green and gold that boos when pj comes into the game

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

As for the police etc-- there may be a few bad apples. Generally speaking though, they don't just approach someone without some cause. Do they bully people for no reason? maybe some do-- they are not infallable. I have several police friends -- they are all pretty normal people. But like RS freshman QBs-- rookie cops can make mistakes. That dosn' justify if someone did something wrong-- if they did, report it and follow up.

I agree in most cases.

Have some of my friends been approached by the cops? Absolutely. Have my friends been at fault? 99% of the time. Absolutely. But when someone genuinely does nothing wrong and nothing to provoke an officer or anyone in "power", I've got to stand up for myself or my friends.

I would never come here and make the cops look bad if the cops were in the right, which they werent in the particular story that I described from the UCONN game.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

the cops have new orders:

shoot to kill anyone wearing green and gold that boos when pj comes into the game

Smazza, you take a lot of smack from peeps...but **** I'm LMFAO!!!!! ;D :D ;D

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

TwillyBull,

Ever been to Mardi Gras or Bourbon St. anytime of the year?.....Same thing happens....If you even make a wrong move during an arrest, the cops will take aim at you.  Am I saying this is correct.....Absolutely not.  I'm just saying that EVERYONE needs to follow the rules (joe blow and Mr. Police Officer) as well as don't put yourself in situations that will gain attention of law enforcement.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997

Just be happy they didnt organize another Death Squad and put 68 bullets in them. Its thier world and they allow us to live in it, dont rock the boat or they will taser up.

Matt, you are way off topic and way out of line.  I am glad I know where you stand.

Gene, Im glad you know where I stand after that post. To clarify: I stand against any Death Squads and vigalantism (even those organized to catch a killer) and I stand for law and order, liberty and justice and I will stand fervently opposed to those who threaten those whether they are a murdereing crack dealer, a law enforcement agancy or even the President of the United States.

Many years ago I solemnly swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic and that oath did not mean except in cases of blind allegiance to authority.

Go Bulls!