• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Police too tough on students...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

"however, i hope someone presses charges against this one specific cop tonight.  it was section 243 i think.  the cops were out of control tonight.  ok...yea there was probably a fight and a few kids acting stupid...but they threw one kid up against the glass and while his neck was against the glass 2 cops jumped on his back.  i am suprised the kid didnt have a broken neck.  and then after that....any student that yelled at the cops for their misbehavior was grabbed and drug out of the game.  i wish i had a camera for it.  i hope one of those kids has a high powered parent with a good lawyer."

The kid that was thrown against the glass did actually break free of police and start running down the stairs, at which point he was finally slammed against the glass.....  Could they have waited at  bottom of stairs? maybe, but he did run and break from cops... Bottom line if cops have you, do not run from them... As far as the other incidents I do not know what to say...  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Just be happy they didnt organize another Death Squad and put 68 bullets in them. Its thier world and they allow us to live in it, dont rock the boat or they will taser up.

Matt, you are way off topic and way out of line.  I am glad I know where you stand.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

"however, i hope someone presses charges against this one specific cop tonight.  it was section 243 i think.  the cops were out of control tonight.  ok...yea there was probably a fight and a few kids acting stupid...but they threw one kid up against the glass and while his neck was against the glass 2 cops jumped on his back.  i am suprised the kid didnt have a broken neck.  and then after that....any student that yelled at the cops for their misbehavior was grabbed and drug out of the game.  i wish i had a camera for it.  i hope one of those kids has a high powered parent with a good lawyer."

The kid that was thrown against the glass did actually break free of police and start running down the stairs, at which point he was finally slammed against the glass.....  Could they have waited at  bottom of stairs? maybe, but he did run and break from cops... Bottom line if cops have you, do not run from them... As far as the other incidents I do not know what to say...  

Always two sides to a story.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

It's amazing that every game thus far, the 200's section in the corner closest to the ship and where the original poster I think was describing.....There has been an incident with the police.

Not to turn this into an OCS thread, but when we finally get an OCS, you can forget about having alcohol all together.  MY personal view is that there shouldn't be served alcohol at the college games to help mitigate these types of incidents.

When it's Sunday at RayJay, I'm buying the first round!!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

It's amazing that every game thus far, the 200's section in the corner closest to the ship and where the original poster I think was describing.....There has been an incident with the police.

Not to turn this into an OCS thread, but when we finally get an OCS, you can forget about having alcohol all together.  MY personal view is that there shouldn't be served alcohol at the college games to help mitigate these types of incidents.

When it's Sunday at RayJay, I'm buying the first round!!!

Not too true... USF is not a dry campus... in fact we are installing a Chilli's in the new Marshall Center with at least wine and beer.  I'm not sure about a full bar (I doubt it), but beer is legal on our campus with the normal restrictions (public intox and underage).

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Thanks for the info Billy...You know more about the inside workings on campus.

I still think though that alcohol should not be served in the stadium when we get our OCS.  If USF does allow beer and wine on campus, then let that be legal for the tailgating festivities.  But the three hours inside the game should be used to sober up and enjoy exciting USF Bulls Football.

Then maybe we wouldn't have fights with liquid courage and then we wouldn't have people trying to outrun or fight the police when they are trying to be held accountable by our law enforcement officers.

On the flipside, I do hope that if people honestly thought that there was an over use of force or a potential abuse of power, to report these concerns to the HCSO, TPD or whatever agency that officer was representing in order for a full review to take place.  This is the only way that the public can keep law enforcement accountable for their actions.

I think someone posted that we live in their world....This is incorrect.  We ALL live in the same world and ALL must follow the same rules.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Here's an idea, maybe we should buy the cops a trophy and put Minotaur in charge of collecting the money for it...that worked out well last time right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

yep--- an OCS will be able to sell beer-- it's a University decision. They sell beer at the basketball games now. A lot of people don't know that because a lot of people haven't been to a basketball game in years.

As for the police etc-- there may be a few bad apples. Generally speaking though, they don't just approach someone without some cause. Do they bully people for no reason? maybe some do-- they are not infallable. I have several police friends -- they are all pretty normal people. But like RS freshman QBs-- rookie cops can make mistakes. That dosn' justify if someone did something wrong-- if they did, report it and follow up.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

The cops at the games are ******** on power trips.  The invention of the "non-lethal" Taser gun has only made this worse!  The fact that they feel empowered to break this kid's right to verbally criticize them is ridiculous.  Breaking up a fight is one thing, being an abusive jackass is criminal.    

Someone forgot to teach these police about civil rights.  Simple solution: bring video cameras to the games just to tape the cops from now on.  Who's policing the police?  

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Just be happy they didnt organize another Death Squad and put 68 bullets in them.

Well...since non of the USF students killed a deputy and shot another...I don't think they had to worry about that.

Kill a local cop/deputy/trooper...shot another...and don't turn yourself in?

Sorry...no empathy for a scum like that.

KL

Sorry, but a reply of "We ran out of bullets" to the question "Why did you shoot him 68 times?" indicates that the police were not interested in finding and brining a suspect to justice, but were out for blood.