• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Police too tough on students...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If the NCAA has their way (and they probably will) there will be no alcohol at any NCAA sponsored sporting event by 2008.

Bowl games will be the only place you can consume alcohol.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

It's amazing that every game thus far, the 200's section in the corner closest to the ship and where the original poster I think was describing.....There has been an incident with the police.

Not to turn this into an OCS thread, but when we finally get an OCS, you can forget about having alcohol all together.  MY personal view is that there shouldn't be served alcohol at the college games to help mitigate these types of incidents.

When it's Sunday at RayJay, I'm buying the first round!!!

The consumption of alcohol and the violaton of civil liberties are two different subjects.  Maybe you should focus on the issue of cops "breaking the law" and not their excuse for it.  I believe that was the original topic of post.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for the students here. If you hadn't been acting like an out-of-control mob and saying whatever you want and drinking as much as you want and trying to rush the field at least once a year, there wouldn't be any need to treat the student section like Guantanimo.

Maybe the all-powerful SBC should take this matter up with the students and get them to stop acting like hooligans.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for the students here. If you hadn't been acting like an out-of-control mob and saying whatever you want and drinking as much as you want and trying to rush the field at least once a year, there wouldn't be any need to treat the student section like Guantanimo.

Maybe the all-powerful SBC should take this matter up with the students and get them to stop acting like hooligans.

I agree that there are a good number of students that act like idiots, but some of the harrasment comes without warrant. For example, yesterday, before the game the UConn kicker kept missing the net and kicking into the student section. The cops came down and were getting in our faces for having the balls, not even giving the students a chance to throw them back.

The whole issue starts on Sept. 24, 2005. The first time we had a reason to storm the field, we were denied a celebration and were then punished for it. Students were beaten and tasered on the field. Since then the police have not trusted us and the students haven't liked the police either. What message does it send that they install collapasable goal posts and only take down the one closest to the students after the game?

Don't get me wrong. The police do a great job handling the idiots who are at the game and start troubble, but it seems they try to remove people who they think might start trouble.

Trust is at the heart of this issue.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry, but a reply of "We ran out of bullets" to the question "Why did you shoot him 68 times?" indicates that the police were not interested in finding and brining a suspect to justice, but were out for blood.  

Incorrect. They actually shot over 100 times but only hit 68. That doesnt imply they were out for blood it implies they had a threat in front of them with a gun who had already killed someone and shot someone else. You tell me what your nerves would be like walking through a forest looking for an armed man with a gun who MAY SHOOT YOU AT ANY MOMENT. You finally find the guy and you dont know if he is going to shoot it out with you. He doesnt surrender which means bullets can fly at any second. Your a swat team memeber holding an MP5 which fires 13 rounds of bullets a second. You fire, your buddy fires and his buddy fires. Within 3 seconds thats about 100 bullets. Too much? I think not.

The whole issue starts on Sept. 24, 2005. The first time we had a reason to storm the field, we were denied a celebration and were then punished for it.

So you're saying the previous three times the students rushed the field, they didn't have a reason?

The whole issue starts on Sept. 24, 2005. The first time we had a reason to storm the field, we were denied a celebration and were then punished for it.

So you're saying the previous three times the students rushed the field, they didn't have a reason?

Which three are you refering to?

There's always going to be a few people that are going to try. Louisville was going to happen until they pulled out the tasers on the first people. There hasn't been a game since then to rush the field in my opinion. But for them to threaten us in the front row about rushing is uncalled for. This wouldn't be an issue if they had either 1) let us in the field but protected the FGs, 2) given us due natoice and warning, or 3) not used excessive force  and blame us for it.

Which three are you refering to?

Bowling Green '02, Louisville '03, and the most ridiculous field rush I've ever seen, Cincinnati '03.

Ok I admit I was not there for those. So I maybe should not have said "first". But it was still the biggest win in our history and it will have a dark cloud over it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, but a reply of "We ran out of bullets" to the question "Why did you shoot him 68 times?" indicates that the police were not interested in finding and brining a suspect to justice, but were out for blood.

WHAT THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE RECIEVED WAS JUSTICE.  HE DESERVED NOTHING LESS THAN WHAT HE GOT.