• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Police too tough on students...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i'm usually not one to complain because i know how students can act...( i was one 2 years ago)

however, i hope someone presses charges against this one specific cop tonight.  it was section 243 i think.  the cops were out of control tonight.  ok...yea there was probably a fight and a few kids acting stupid...but they threw one kid up against the glass and while his neck was against the glass 2 cops jumped on his back.  i am suprised the kid didnt have a broken neck.  and then after that....any student that yelled at the cops for their misbehavior was grabbed and drug out of the game.  i wish i had a camera for it.  i hope one of those kids has a high powered parent with a good lawyer.  

like i said...i know how students can act...and i have witnessed about 3 fights at EVERY game so far....but tonight the cops went too far.  there was a real fat cop that looked like he was about 20 years old...i dont know his name, but i know a few students got his badge number.  he was way out of control.  one student even started asking for business cards from the officer in cahge and he got them.  i think we will all hear in the papers about what happened tonight.

i just hope it doesnt turn out to be "usf students drunk and out of control"  because there was probably a few kids that way but it did not excuse the cops from acting the way they did.

i think charges do need to be filed against atleast 3 cops.  if any of the kids that got manhandled tonight are the ones reading this...send me a PM.  i will testify.  it was bad.  i understand throwing the kids who were fighting out but no need to throw the one kid against the glass for just yelling and then after he is contained no need for 2 cops to jump on his back when his neck is against the stadium glass wall.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I wanst there tonight but from the rest of the games i have been at this season i agree with you.  Its like the cops that are there are mad they got that assignment and when they have a chance to get involved in some "action" they go waaaayyyy overboard.  

well i have been to just about every game...and there have been times where i have thought "where are the cops?"  but tonight i saw 2 new cops in the student section and they were both the guys trying to throw their "weight" around.

i mean...grabbing a guy's arm who is booing and pointing at you while you are throwing a guy out (the guy wasnt involved in the fight in anyway...just being a young kid trying to be funny) and pinning him against the glass and almost breaking his neck...its out of control.  the kid didnt do anything that caused any kind of danger to anyone.  he did what about 40 other kids were doing he was just the only one with in an arm's reach of these 2 tough guys who wear badges.

i hope someone else saw this that can confirm my story.

like i said,  i am usually not one to complain when people jump on the field and get tazered or something....but this was sad.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I won't drink @ games, and I stay the hell away from trouble.  I fear what I would do if I were complying with a police officers orders and I got roughed up.  Just have to stay away.  Some people, even public officials, don't do their jobs correctly.  It's an unfortunate fact.  Hopefully, games get people who do their jobs correctly, be it officiating, policing, or the scoreboard :P.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

My FATHER had a problem with a big black police officer from Tampa who was working outside of the parking lot entrance 7 at the stadium.  

My dad is frugal and had an extra parking pass to lot 5SB. For the money I pay for that privlege I could care less if he uses my pass when I am not at the games. But he decided to go sell the parking pass and did so up by entrance 7. The person who bought it was searching for change and the car behind them honked their horn. The cop got out of his car ran to my dad SCREAMING, got right up in his face chest bumped him and screamed "what do you think you are doing?" my dad stepped back and said "I was selling an extra parking pass we were not using. " With that the cop chest bumped him again and repeated the question "What do you think you are doing here?" My dad responded "I just told you I was trying to sell an unused parking pass but I can leave its not that big of a deal. With that this guy SLAPPED my fathers hand (he had a beer in his hand and didnt realize he couldnt have it outside of the white fence), so this guy doesnt say, throw that out, doesnt say "sir you cannot have open alcohol out here", he just slapped (yes physicallyo assulted my father) the beer out of his hand and yells "You cant have that here, get out of here". So my dad starts walking away but he figures this guy is going to get him for littering. So he asks the cop if he wants him to pick up the beer, POUR IT OUT, and dispose of it in a trash can. The COP yelled at him to leave it there, and get out of there or he was going to jail!!!!

Unfortunately my dad did not get this officers name or badge number. Sure the guy cut him a break on the open container but this cop needs to work on his communication skills and STOP PHYSICALLY hitting people. Had my dad hit another citizen like this cop hit him, he would have been arrested.

I hope someone knows who this cop was. Its rediculous for a cop to assult an individual. Had he said to move on, my dad would have. My father is a retired fire-fighter and former university cop (Yale). He respects law enforcement. THIS WAS UNCALLED FOR.

I told my dad just to toss the pass if I am not at the next game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Too many liberties are taken when you think you're working for King Glazer and his TSA Court...

It's private property as far as they are concerned and YOU, Bulls fans, are trespassing.

i dont want this to turn into a thread about rushing the field....

because i dont think that is a problem that needs to be addressed right now..

but what i saw tonight was terrible.  abuse of power to the 3rd degree.  just because you wear a badge doesnt mean you can act like the terminator.

YOU still have to follow the LAW as well as uphold it.  i think they a few of these guys are ex-football players themselves...maybe in high school that probably never made it past JV...and thats what they take the assignment and after watching a football they get so hyped up that they wanna re-live their playing days a rough up on some kids that dont want to fight back because it would only get worse.

i wish someone who could do something would look into this.  there has to be a camera on the student section at all times for security purposes.  i hope this gets public and the officers get punished.

i am not saying that students never act stupid and deserve to get arrested because there have been times where i would arrested a kid when a cop actually didnt.  but tonight was just bad.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think us students need to have our camera phones/digital cameras on the ready at games for things like what ive heard about tonight have seen in the past. Alot of people have cell phones or digital cameras that can take video why not use them to expose these cops and their over zealous behavior.  Im sure someone in the media would like to pick up the story, or maybe someone who has a rich father or who's father is a lawyer would love to get their hands on video or their son or in VERY rare cases daughter being roughed up by an over zealous law enforcement offical.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

This is two weeks in a row that we have first-hand reports of the police acting inappropriately. I agree, we need to have our video phones ready to record any time we're in the vicinity of law enforcement. I've seen a lot of things the past two weeks that pretty much have me staying away from Ray Jay for the time being.

i think that is what it is going to take because right now no one is going to believe some college kids at a football game where they serve beer.  however, this is a SERIOUS problem.  what i saw tonight was terrible.  it was 2 cops.  i did some some cops doing their job and treating fans according to their behavior but there was 2 specific cops that were out to get people and try to flex some muscle.  1 of them was a fat cop with a baby face and blonde hair...the other was a cop with a buzz cut that i witnessed during the FIU game getting yelled at by his superior because he was posing for pictures with two wannabe MILFs that had too much to drink.  i remember the guy because it was so funny because he thought he was such a stud and then his superior came over and chewed his ass out and moved him to hallway duty.

there should be cameras on the student section at all times to help both the cops and in this case...HELP THE STUDENTS too